NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab

Go down 
+6
nonexistentPumpkin
uncertainHavoc
sparkingLife
OverlordJ
Shaula
Sandstriker
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab Empty
PostSubject: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:32 am

((INSERT PICTURE OF A GREEN WELL ORGANISED LIBRARY HERE WITH A SCIENCE LAB IN IT TOO))
Welcome to the one and only Library in Midnight City! Books may be borrowed for a maximin of 2 weeks, and up to 5 books may be borrowed! Science Lab Facilities for studying the contents or abilities of artifacts and other interesting items are provided.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ConflictedScales on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 am

(( I'm still saying that there BETTER be a pool in here. ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 am

(( There is, and this thread is fine, thank you. ))
(( You may borrow up to 7 books maximum, though it would be appreciated if you borrowed only 4 before returning books at a reasonable rate. ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 am

*Matchsticks smashes into the library via window.*
~RRAAAAGGGGGHHH!!!~
*Matchsticks notices the books.*
~Grrrrrrrr...~
*Matchsticks dims his fires so he is no longer in danger of burning his library*
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 am

((I deleted the other thread. Note the lack of shits flipped. HAVOC.))

((And the battle will most likely NOT be continuing in here, unless someone ELSE thinks it's a good idea to chase after the guy that can apparently do a bunch of weird shit like catching bullets now.))

((When'd you get the power to do that, anyway? I thought Matchsticks just used fire to time travel, not... all that OTHER stuff.))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:06 pm

((Yeah, while the idea of being able to start fires via Matchsticks is pretty smart and understandable, getting an explanation for the (apparently) magic powers would be neat))

((Just to be clear though, I'm fine with the Felt having some magic powers, they ARE Leprechauns after all))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm

*zaps from Excellent Toast*
Matchsticks.

I haven't seen a fire like this since Spades burned down my apartment, back in the old days. Furthermore, you seem to have manifested new powers from no immediately discernible source. Explain yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 pm

(( Rage fueled by Matchsticks already present pyrotechnics amplified by brain conflictions from the broken chameleon circuit, coupled together with Matchsticks's also present mental illnesses create the fire-cloaked-devil thing. ))
(( But to explain, I based the character a little of myself because we know basically nothing about him, and in case the personality was nothing like what Hussie intended, then Chameleon Circuit explains everything else. ))
(( Also, the Chameleon Circuit makes good for a character plot-line implement, considering I like enjoyable plots. ))
(( SO yeah, perfectly understandable reasoning ))
*Matchsticks sees Doc Scratch and seems to calm down
~Uhhhh, sorry Doc, I just, lost my temper I guess.~
~But that's why I've made a laboratory.~
~I made the laboratory because I noticed I've been being, well, weird.~
~I wanted to figure out why the hell my personality has been so broken lately, so I thought, 'Hey, why not study the problems?'~
~So yeah, perfectly understandable reasoning

Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

((Sorry Conflicted, but I'm ENTIRELY against that reasoning. If you want to have cool ass powers, don't pick a character like Matchsticks. Either ditch the ridiculous powers or choose someone else =/))
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 pm

((Maybe post in the OOC thread so that we can talk about that there))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:06 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
((Maybe post in the OOC thread so that we can talk about that there))
((Or that. Sorry, just a bit irritable at the moment))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:23 am

(( Don't choose a character like Matchsticks eh? And a better character would be? Seriously, I chose Matchsticks for 2 reasons. 1 was he was the only one left that I could actually want to get, and 2 because we know fuck all about him. That gives me space to work with character stuff and stops people from [admittedly ineffectively] going on 'you can't do that because no.' rants. Seriously, I have a plot idea ok? Just give me time to draw some panels, and find a reliable photo host. And I can't change characters because hello, about 4 months of conversations here, cant just switch characters with all that text around.))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:37 am

((Geez, and I thought I was irritable at 1:45AM. Chill out, guys. CS, they're just mad you didn't run it by them first.))

((But honestly, how many Felt members do we know anything about, besides LE/Snowman/maybe Clover and Crowbar?))

((It does seem a little unnecessary to make Matchsticks any more powerful than he already was. If we're going to depower him, though, I'd rather do it in-character rather than retconning the weirdness that just happened. I know just the way to do it, by the way... rather hilariously, I might add.))

I see. Do try to contain yourself. The gangs are in a truce right now to deal with the old boss, who apparently isn't as dead as we thought.

I haven't made any progress on your problem, but since we've speculated already that a horrorterror did it and that's what we're dealing with right now, well, perhaps there will be answers to come on the journey we're already on.

*also gives back circuit* ((if I didn't do that back when we last talked))

Now if you'll excuse me, one of my customers just left his payment lying unguarded on the counter....

*zap*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 am

(( Ok, thanks for plugging the argument Spark, that really helps : ). Also, test adventure inbound.))

Be Matchsticks about half an hour ago.

You are suddenly Matchsticks, and you are walking down the aisles of the Library that you have recently rebuilt and restored, in Alphabetical section P, row 25, or section PY, considering you have ordered the books by first letter (section) and second letter (row).

Notice yellow glow.

You notice a warm, yellow grow a bit down the aisle.

Inspect glow.

The source of the glow is a book. Through deduction, you figure out the book is called Pyronomicon. You also know this because it says so on the spine.

Read newly discovered Pyronomicon.

At first you believe this might be a simple copy of the common place Pyronomicon vol. 3: The Guide for an aspiring Pyrotechnisist, but it is not so. Why, this is in fact The Pyronomicon vol. 1: The Master Pyromancers Guide to all things Fiery! This is a fantastic discovery, you must get to reading it straight away!

Sprint to Lab.

You sprint to your Lab / Study / Hideaway.

Read Pyronomicon.

You flip to a recently opened page.

The Elemental Embodiment
This powerful but unstable spell causes the caster to create a flaming elemental version of his or her self to help in battle.
However, the embodiment can sometimes become bottled up in the caster if the casting is done incorrectly. From here it is
likely that the embodiment's heat will incinerate the caster from inside. To negate this, see page 112

After that, it is just an explanation on how to cast.
Well, it seems dangerous. You don't think you'll bother.

Flip to another page.

You flip to the next page.
The Anger of Amplification
This enchantment allows the caster to use their anger to amplify their spells. However, it is warned the mentally unstable
casters will lose there temper easily when applied, and will likely be consumed by rage with any slight prodding.

Wow, this one seems great! You'll get to casting this one right away! Your not worried at all about the warning, your pretty mentally stable.. right?

Be current Matchsticks.

You are now rushing back through section PY to get the Pyronomicon and disenchant yourself. Doc's warning and Lady Shiplish's shouting were enough to make you fix the enchant.

Be Matchsticks 15 minutes later.

You have successfully disenchanted yourself and will hopefully be going through no more 'episodes' But you are DEFINITELY going to keep reading the Pyronomicon. Clearly, magic is not, in fact, fake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:17 am

*appears*

*douses the entire library with oil*

*drops lit match*

*library explodes*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 am

~HOLY SHIT!!!!!~
*In obvious panic, Matchsticks flips to a page in the Pyronomicon, detailing a extinguishing spell and casts the spell with no time to lose.*
*The vicious fire goes out somewhat instantaneously, but the damage has already been dealt.*
~*sigh*.~
*Matchsticks gets to work on returning the library and its contents to their original states.*
*Once the spell is underway, Matchsticks flame-portals himself out of the library just as a bloody and bruised Matchsticks walks through the other side.*
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 am

*A shockwave from a nearby explosion passes through, the dust cloud filled with 2's and card suits. After this it begins to rain 2's and card suits, which glitch through any solid object and continue falling.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

*Matchsticks, who has literally just experienced this explosion a moment ago from his timeline, face-palms.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:03 am

*A huge blast of colours come from fireworks outside of town. They continue for 3 minutes before ending with a giant colourful sign saying 'Matchsticks is Turning 14 today!' with 14 matchsticks around it. Matchsticks, However, has just entered a fire portal and does not see the sign or the fireworks.*
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm

*walks up to the lab, still holding the raven in his arm*
Back to top Go down
TheGreatMindfang

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:20 pm

*Enters right behind Slick*

c[ ...Is anyone here? ]
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 am

((CS is crazy random, so I'm not sure when he'll get on. You could be here awhile, or he could get on while I'm typing this and ninja the heck out of me))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 am

((Technically he's not even in here but fire teleport))
Back to top Go down
TheGreatMindfang

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

((Maybe we shouldn't wait then?))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:17 pm

((Actually, now that you mention it, Scales has been gone for a week already. Probably should PM him about that.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab Empty

Back to top Go down

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next