NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)

Go down 
+8
quantumToolbox
uncertainHavoc
Alder
silckenSoul
royalPawn
Sandstriker
OverlordJ
Shaula
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:38 pm

uncertainHavoc wrote:
Also, I call furreaking hax on all of Matchstick's powers that he's using. BS. He never had ANY of these powers! At least mine can be somewhat traced in canon

Matchsticks just uses fire to travel through time, and probably carries around a big gun
This. All of this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Shaula

Shaula

Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Canon is pretty clear when it comes to Felt members. Yellow hat is fast, blue hat is slow. Trace sees what you've done, Fin sees what you will do. Clover is lucky. Die has his doll, which lets him go to other timelines. Crowbar's crowbar breaks magical artifacts. Sn0wman's death ends the universe. Also, I think she can teleport? Anyway, Stitch has the effigies that he can use to heal, and also he fixes Shiplish's coat so any particularly bad time shit doesn't break time itself or whatever. Sawbuck travels through time every time he's injured. His attacker does as well. Matchsticks can travel through time using fire. Eggs can go back in time using the egg timer. Biscuits has the oven that is apparently bigger on the inside. Quarters has quarters that summon other Felt members. Cans punches people into other times.

Also... nobody responded to whether adding shadowsplosions and shadow healing to the Crew's powers is okay, since it's already been used/mentioned.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm okay with those shadow powers.

What I means is that I for instance like the headcanon that Die knows Voodoo, which seems fitting knowing his doll.

Also, Itchy and Doze aren't fast and slow, Itchy can speed himself up, while Doze can slow himself down. And Trace and Fin can not only see you but they can also mess with you, they can do stuff like punch you from the past/future for example. And Dies doll is pretty confusing...
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Point is, Matchsticks isn't a freaking pyromancer. It's already bad enough having two OP people on the Felt side (Myself and Doc), and if we efur get a Calliope, I believe she'll be on our side as well, due to my background story about Caliborn. So, to be honest, Matchsticks doesn't really need or should have ANY of those powers. I mean, cmon, Hyper Beam? Really?
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Can Matchstick's fire travel through space as well as time? He uses the ability here so I wanted to know if he could do that in canon. Or if it even said anything about it. Also I believe that I might need to make a list of Death's powers when I get home.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:04 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
I'm okay with those shadow powers.

What I means is that I for instance like the headcanon that Die knows Voodoo, which seems fitting knowing his doll.

Also, Itchy and Doze aren't fast and slow, Itchy can speed himself up, while Doze can slow himself down. And Trace and Fin can not only see you but they can also mess with you, they can do stuff like punch you from the past/future for example. And Dies doll is pretty confusing...
For Itchy and Doze, I was quoting Hussie and Caliborn's discussion. And I kinda forgot about Trace and Fin's thing.

And Die's doll... yeah, I don't even know what's up with that. Apparently, sometimes it takes you to an alternate timeline, sometimes it kills/revives people to make the timeline you're in fit.

So far it's done the latter when there was... probably... no timeline like that (with Sn0wman dead, but everyone else alive) and may or may not have killed Fin when he was nearly dead anyway.

AND adding the new shadow powers to the OP.

Edit: And remember this?

Shaula wrote:
So, you mean read all the threads other than hideouts, even if you're not there?

It's what you seem to be saying, but the forum called OOC discussions is this one, so I'm just making sure.
Yet another question of mine that was never answered, referring to Havoc's 'read the OOC' post.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm

1) We have no reason to believe that Matchsticks CAN'T travle through space with his power, so I don't see why not.

2) Yeah, at least hyperbeam is definatly stupid. I'd be okay with SOME fire powers but that's just silly.

3) While Caliope would definatly be on your side about the whole Caliborn thing, I am unsure if she'd be too happy about the fact that the Felt is a group of mobsters. Just saying.

4) Yeah, my point was just that the powers of the Felt are more complex then they seem at first, so saying that (some) of them have Leprechaun magic beyond what we know from canon isn't THAT much of a bad idea (Though as we all agree, it should be posted/discussed here first)

5) Since I'm RPing as Die in Minebent, should I post my headcanon about the Doll?

6) I think Havoc meant "Read the posts OOC", in other words, read everything but act as if you didn't know. Just like PI didn't know about the whole Death thing for quite a while, unlike me who knew it pretty much right away.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
1) We have no reason to believe that Matchsticks CAN'T travle through space with his power, so I don't see why not.

2) Yeah, at least hyperbeam is definatly stupid. I'd be okay with SOME fire powers but that's just silly.

3) While Caliope would definatly be on your side about the whole Caliborn thing, I am unsure if she'd be too happy about the fact that the Felt is a group of mobsters. Just saying.

4) Yeah, my point was just that the powers of the Felt are more complex then they seem at first, so saying that (some) of them have Leprechaun magic beyond what we know from canon isn't THAT much of a bad idea (Though as we all agree, it should be posted/discussed here first)

5) Since I'm RPing as Die in Minebent, should I post my headcanon about the Doll?

6) I think Havoc meant "Read the posts OOC", in other words, read everything but act as if you didn't know. Just like PI didn't know about the whole Death thing for quite a while, unlike me who knew it pretty much right away.
1) I agree that Matchsticks should be able to travel through space with fire as well. It only makes sense.

2) Meh. I'm still not okay with the firewheel either. Maybe a fireball here and there, but nothing fancy

3) Meh. My group of mobsters are pretty lax as of late, especially with me in charge. Plus, Calliope is a bit strange on that kind of stuff

4) F it. I'm gonna post my headcanon for all of the Felt's powers, and we can debate parts until we come up with a final copy.

5) Let me know what YOUR headcanon is after I post mine, and we can make some changes

6) Mhmm. Exactly. Sorry Shaula, I have a tendency to ignore your posts due to the very rare chance it might have something actually worthwhile to the RP. (Shots fired)

mspa

My Headcanon
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm

6: LOOK AT THIS HAVOC IT'S ACTUALLY WORTHWHILE But how is that as important as you're saying? It's not like we're supposed to actually USE the knowledge. It's not going to change anything in RP. If I know something is going to make someone's plans fail, but from DD's point of view it's the only action that makes sense at the moment, he's still going to do it. Yes, sometimes someone will accidentally fuck up someone else's plans. GOOD, it makes things more interesting.

Edit:

Clover, omniscient? Yeah, I don't think there's any reason for that. Other than knowing that things will work out well for him because he's so damn lucky, he shouldn't know any more than any normal person.
Sn0wman doesn't need to be omniscient either. She could've known it happened because, as you said, she can travel through time.

Other than that, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:34 pm

6) It helps to not do shit as a plot device to incite something that won't actually happen, in the case of CS trying to start a fight that wouldn't actually escalate to a fight. I just recommend it so you have SOME sense of caution before trying to create a ridiculous plot device

And Clover, in hindsight, isn't omniscient. Dunno why I said that

And on Snowman, allow me to elaborate with a paragraph from the MSPA Wiki

"However, the killing of Slick is seen as an alternate timeline through Snowman's mind, and she interferes by killing Quarters before he can turn Slick into Swiss cheese."

Bam, logic.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to just... not do ridiculous stuff? The problem wasn't that he didn't read OOC, the problem was that he decided to just get pissed and attack out of nowhere.

And the wiki isn't always trustworthy. Show me a page in Homestuck itself that shows that she can do that, and I'll agree with you.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:44 pm

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005739

Start from here, and go keep going for about 10 pages, looking only at the top panel.

Bam. Logic again
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm

uncertainHavoc wrote:
My Headcanon
Spoiler:
My Headcanon
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Havoc: Alright then, she apparently has that power.

OJ: I agree with that more than with Havoc's headcanons, except... I don't remember Slick traveling back in time when he pulled Crowbar's pin, I'm pretty sure that was an alternate timeline he went to. So I don't think the doll lets you time travel.

Edit: Oh hey, OJ's passed 413 posts.

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Shaula wrote:
OJ: I agree with that more than with Havoc's headcanons, except... I don't remember Slick traveling back in time when he pulled Crowbar's pin, I'm pretty sure that was an alternate timeline he went to. So I don't think the doll lets you time travel.

Edit: Oh hey, OJ's passed 413 posts.

Congratulations.
Not exactly, he was back to the shootout his gang had with Crowbar and co in the past, he then made it an alternative timeline by messing around with stuff. Let me go find a link.

Also, thanks :)

EDIT: Alright, so it's a bit hard to tell...

"Crowbar's alive again. And a whole bunch of other stuff is different."

I personally always understood it that he went to the past and that this line was just a comparison to what it was before he pulled the pin. In other words, things are different but not "different then they were back then" but "different then they were just before I pulled the pin"

It was however pointed out to me that it might also mean that he went to an alternative timeline.

All in all, I'd say it's a bit difficult to tell and I personally chose to interpret it like I posted it. But I can also understand it if you want to interpret it differently.

Last edited by OverlordJ on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Shaula wrote:
Biscuits has the oven that is apparently bigger on the inside.
So, the oven is a TARDIS. Biscuits is the Doctor. And I STILL have never seen the show.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:29 pm

tekkenfreak4 wrote:
Shaula wrote:
Biscuits has the oven that is apparently bigger on the inside.
So, the oven is a TARDIS. Biscuits is the Doctor. And I STILL have never seen the show.
I knowingly made the reference without having seen the show.

(Here's an idea, tell Slick you discovered that Biscuits is the 13th doctor. I'll just be watching from a safe distance. Oh, completely irrelevantly, we might need a new Sollux soon.)

Last edited by Shaula on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:30 pm

The difference between the oven and the tardis is that

1) The oven itself can't travel through time, unless you count travel at a speed of one second per second as time travel

2) Time actually DOES pass while you're inside the tardis

So actually, all that they have in cammon is that they are larger on the inside. However, that's pretty common, the tents in Harry Potter as well as any old Bag of Holding in D&D work like that. It's called Hammerspace. The only special thing is that, besides the Hammerspace, inside the oven time apparently doesn't pass.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
The difference between the oven and the tardis is that

1) The oven itself can't travel through time, unless you count travel at a speed of one second per second as time travel

2) Time actually DOES pass while you're inside the tardis

So actually, all that they have in cammon is that they are larger on the inside. However, that's pretty common, the tents in Harry Potter as well as any old Bag of Holding in D&D work like that. It's called Hammerspace. The only special thing is that, besides the Hammerspace, inside the oven time apparently doesn't pass.

HAMMERspace?

Alright, so Biscuits is John then.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Are you telling me you never heard of Hammerspace before?

Should I link TvTropes then?
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Wait, a new Sollux!? What's wrong with me!?

EDIT: it was explained on pesterchum. They'd need a new one if Sollux tells SS about Biscuits being the 13th doc.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:46 pm

What?

Oh well, I'll just post this link now

Warning, TvTropes link ahead:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Oh, I know what Hammerspace is.

Anyway, remember that discussion about whether Calliope would be on the Felt's side?

As always, Homestuck music is the answer to everything.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Shaula wrote:
Oh, I know what Hammerspace is.

Anyway, remember that discussion about whether Calliope would be on the Felt's side?

Bish plz. We're talking about my backstory, and how Calliope and Nepeta became best furrends!
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Shaula wrote:

So if we were to Nightnighten Calliope she would snap and become a CLOUN?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place and Narnia Discussion Thread 2 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in the third thread)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next