NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Hey, they might be a bit boring but they are a good choice, especially if you're getting started.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, that was my thinking when I went with that.

Oh, here's what i got so far

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=747282
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Ok, so I have this now:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=746884

I'm not sure where to put my change shape ability since it counts as the Disguise Self spell. Also, does anyone know where I can find the bard spell list so I can figure out what to choose?

(( Also could someone tell me if I'm doing this right? I've never made a 3.5e character sheet before. @_@ ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Hey OJ, just how good is the Concentration skill?
It looks kinda useless but it also seems to be something a wizard should have, so I don't know if I should take it or not.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:24 am

CTO: Though it IS something that could possibly become important at some point
CTO: Or you could all decide to screw the city and just walk west untill you find something else, at which point I'll flip my table and start rewriting EVERYTHING!

Hey everyone look what we have to do
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:19 am

Concentration is important if you have to cast while you're standing in the middle of combat.

If your Concentration suck, you'll have to be extra careful to stay out. Because as soon as they distract you (by making an attack of oppurtunity for example) your spells will probably stop working mostly.

Oh and Shaula, you are free to go where you want, though maybe you should consider trying to earn some money via quests before you start walking away into the distance. (Don't make me make you starve to death, don't try me, walk west and you'll end up in the middle of a desert, surrounded by enemies without anything to eat or drink. Well, I probably won't really do that, but you know, just saying.)
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Concentration is important if you have to cast while you're standing in the middle of combat.

If your Concentration suck, you'll have to be extra careful to stay out. Because as soon as they distract you (by making an attack of oppurtunity for example) your spells will probably stop working mostly.

Oh and Shaula, you are free to go where you want, though maybe you should consider trying to earn some money via quests before you start walking away into the distance. (Don't make me make you starve to death, don't try me, walk west and you'll end up in the middle of a desert, surrounded by enemies without anything to eat or drink. Well, I probably won't really do that, but you know, just saying.)
You could always eat the enemies mspa
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:

aw fuck you reminded him to make them inedible
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Shaula wrote:
Sandstriker wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:

aw fuck you reminded him to make them inedible
Um... Perhaps if we had a cleric he could cast a spell to make the bodies edible.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Well, there ARE enemies that are edible, like animals for example (which ARE a pretty good source of food while you're in a forest for example)

You might want to avoid eating enemies that are either made from elements, made for unorganic materials, like metal or that are undead. Or poisonous. I'm also not sure if eating outsiders is even possible, let me check.

But yeah, if you run into like, regular people or animals, you can of course try to eat them.

EDIT:
I would have remembered as soon as you eaten them for the first time.

I suppose there are polymorph spells.

There ARE spells to create both food and water though.

You do not have a Cleric at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 pm

So we get SOMEONE that can create food and water and we all wander off in whatever direction OJ hasn't planned out. AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Maybe we can steal an airship somewhere and just fly away?
Are there airships in this campaign?

And I guess I should pick up Concentration then.

Also, isn't there an option to start with a familiar instead of having to look for one during the adventure?
It seems like it should be an option but I haven't seen anything of the sort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Well, if someone can take Knowledge(nature/dungeoneering) and we get a pickaxe, we could probably craft our own gunpowder and bullets, allowing me to hunt for us.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Just a quick question, my race has bonus languages, does this mean I know all of them or I just choose one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm

You choose a number of them equal to your INT bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:19 pm

So two. Which of these languages do you think would be more useful?

Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Halfling, and Terran
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:22 pm

I'd say probably Dwarven, Elven and Terran.

I have Goblin, Elven and Draconic covered on my end, as well as Common obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:25 pm

I only have a +2, and since you already have Elven, I'll choose Dwarven and terran.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Shaula wrote:
So we get SOMEONE that can create food and water and we all wander off in whatever direction OJ hasn't planned out. AWESOME.

Well, yes, you COULD do that.

And I won't stop you if you WANT to do that.

But you know, people who upset the GM tend to run into problems they can't handle at their level.

royalPawn wrote:
Maybe we can steal an airship somewhere and just fly away?
Are there airships in this campaign?

And I guess I should pick up Concentration then.

Also, isn't there an option to start with a familiar instead of having to look for one during the adventure?
It seems like it should be an option but I haven't seen anything of the sort.

I do not have any airships planned but giving the setting, I'd say it's not impossible that you'll see one eventually.

Well...

Familiar wrote:
A sorcerer can obtain a familiar. Doing so takes 24 hours and uses up magical material that cost 100 gp.

[...]

A Wizard can obtain a familiar in the same way a sorcerer can

In other word, you don't have too look for one but I sort of doubt you have the money needed to get one yet.

The Mather1 wrote:
Well, if someone can take Knowledge(nature/dungeoneering) and we get a pickaxe, we could probably craft our own gunpowder and bullets, allowing me to hunt for us.

Well, gunpowder is made from Sulfur, Charcoal and Salpeter. You can make charcoal yourself, Salpeter is (rarely) found in caves but easily found in "Bat guano" and Sulfur is found near hotsprings, so, yes, you can collect batpoop, make some charcoal and if you happen to find some hotsprings, you can mine some Sulfur, allowing you to make your own gunpowder.

Sandstriker wrote:
Just a quick question, my race has bonus languages, does this mean I know all of them or I just choose one?

Each race has some known languages and some bonus languages. You always know your known languages and you can ALSO speak a number of other languages eaqual to your INT modifier. Also, unless you're a Barbarian, you're also able to write and read all these languages.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Another question. These are the specials bards have:

Bardic music, bardic knowledge,
countersong, fascinate,
inspire courage +1

Do I get all of them? Also, do I put them in spells or feats and abilities
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:58 pm

You get all of them. owever, Countersong, Fascinate and Inspire Courage ARE Bardic Music.

You'll get more songs on higher levels. Be careful though, you need to have enough ranks in Performance to use those songs.

Check the Player Handbook at pages 26 to 30 to read all about bards.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 pm

So where do I put them at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Actually you can extract saltpeter from human waste as well, even urine.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 am

What do you mean, were do you put them at?

And Mather, while it's possible, the ways to do so (that I found) seem rather complicated and/or time intensive so I rule that you'll either get it from bats or from caves. In either case, it'll probably don't matter, since I have no plans to include any hotspringes or anything like them yet.
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 5:26 am

Do I put the bardic music stuff at spells or feats and abilities?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next