NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+11
silckenSoul
royalPawn
OverlordJ
Shaula
JakeMorph
Alder
sparkingLife
Metafiction
tekkenfreak4
Neska
uncertainHavoc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:12 am

Quick question:

Should we maybe talk about some Carapacian headcanons and decide for a canon for our RP?

For example, I know some people think that Carapacians can only reproduce via cloning. Also, do Carapacians age and/or do they have a maximum age? Canon evidence shows that Carapacians can live very long while showing no signs of aging. So what does everybody think? Does anyone have any other headcanons about Carapacians we might want to talk about?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:24 am

My headcanon was that they can only reproduce via cloning and they don't age at all, yeah.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:26 am

id been working off the idea that they are based off insects and chess piece so theyd have simliar reproductive organs to insects but that cloning was used during the war to create loads of carapaces pre 'programmed' with the skills needed to go to war or whatever it was they were needed for.

as for age i hadnt thought of it that much but since the crew have been here since the beginning of the city they have to be pretty old and yet theyre running around like they were in their late thirties
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:44 am

My personal headcanons are these:
Carapacians CAN reproduce normally, after all, the exiles are supposed to repopulate the planet they land on.
A species that can reproduce can't live forever, that'd cause problems. Either all Carapacians can live for a long time and, similarly to elves in many stories, don't visibly age untill near the end of their lives OR
Carapacians normally age and live "normal" lifes but cloned Carapacians don't age and live forever. Note that this might imply that cloned Carapacians CAN'T reproduce normally, which actually fits nicely with the stabdad idea. The problem with that idea is that Ace Dick has two children, though considering one was from a game of life and the other was with the Semimonde Demigoddess, those might be exceptions from the rule.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm

yeah i like both ideas personally so i wont be able to vote either way xD
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 pm

/me shrugs

*indifferent noises*
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm

just cause you dont have a carapace under your control xP
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Well, neither do I, and my headcanon is completely different. But since we seem to be agreeing on someone else's theory, I see no reason to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:49 pm

oh no bring it up im interested in hearing more
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:51 pm

The Carapacians are actually all just really fat people who have to wear armor to keep their fat from spilling out

mspa
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:10 pm

It really isn't that interesting an idea. Basically carapacians reproduce in a similar way to that of humans, but they age slower and live longer than humans would, unless they are prematurely killed (i.e. during the wars on the Battlefield). This is how the Crew and Team Sleuthfall would be so capable despite being around for so long; they aren't at the maximum average age for carapacians yet, which means they at least are able to retain most of their abilities for a while yet.

As far as the cloning, while I think both kingdoms used it to supplement their armies artificially during the war, the majority of carapacians would have been created "the old-fashioned way," if you catch my meaning.

So, yeah. Not that interesting, really, and more than likely kind of plain.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm

thats pretty much what my headcanon was although oj's clones cant reproduce thing seems pretty cool too
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Okay, so from what I can tell, all of us agree that Carapacians can reproduce normally and do die of old age eventually, the only question is now if cloned Carapacians work the same as all other Carapacian, yes?
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:23 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Okay, so from what I can tell, all of us agree that Carapacians can reproduce normally and do die of old age eventually, the only question is now if cloned Carapacians work the same as all other Carapacian, yes?

Pretty sure Shau didn't agree IIRC

But she's pretty easy going about stuff like this, so I guess wait for her before jumping to conclusions?
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Yeah I don't agree on the reproduction thing either but it really don't think it matters at all so eh
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, yeah, that IS pretty much exactly the opposite of what I said. But I seem to be outnumbered? I think? If I counted right? Vote?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:58 pm

ojs option i think allows for clones to never die, and only reproduce by cloning

i like that bit

but i still like the idea of them having reproductive bits other wise ww's female kink wouldnt exist cause theyd have no drive for that sort of thing
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 pm

My logic is the following:

Fact: Carapacians CAN be created via cloning, this seems to be shown via a barcode on their wrist. That implies that both WV and Slick are clones. This makes it likely that the whole Midnight Crew are clones.

Fact: Spades Slick has literally caused a city to be build. We know that the city the crew lives in wouldn't exist without him. Even if you do not believe that he build the whole city by himsel, it definitely means that the members of the Midnight Crew lived long enough for an entire city to be build from scratch. They also appeared no older then before they got exiled, so they didn't age visibly in that time.

Fact: Carapacians are supposed to repopulate the planet they land on.

If one would think they only reproduce via cloning, then repopulating the planet seems to be an odd goal, especially since they don't seem to bring equipment to do that with them. If they do reproduce, being unable to die from old age would cause problems of overpopulation. That causes me to think that Carapacians reproduce and die, like most beings. Now the fact that Slick lives so long without aging might either mean that Carapacians just normally have long lives and/or show little signs of aging OR it could be connected to the fact that he's likely a clone, as his barcode indicates. Perhaps clones don't age at all as a sideeffect of being created as fully functional adults. Also, being unable to breed wouldn't be an issue for a clone that is used as a soldier or something similar, in fact, they might even have been designed like that on purpose, to prevent them from seeking a "normal" life. Lastly, if clones can't have children of their own normally, it'd provide nice motivation for the stabdad headcanon, as it would give them a reason WHY they adopted the trolls.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 8:15 am

<--has not given much thought to the reproductive capabilities of Carapacians, beyond the fact that they seem to have some interest in that direction since both AR and WV flirted with PM in canon and one of the Slicks seemed to fall for Ms Paint in the Hussie-related meta-shenanigans so there's likely some possibility of them breeding without ectobiological intervention
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:12 pm

i personally like ojs idea but if other people dissagree we can still talk

oh hey the thread split i will edit havocs post, which is now the top post, to include all the relevant information
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:31 pm

I personally think carapacians have no reproductive organs but can still develop romantic relationships, but as I said before, I really don't care since I don't expect it to cause any conflicts since I doubt any of us plan on RPing carapacian smut.

So if anything does happen I assume it'll be 'off screen' and I can just imagine they're making out and cuddling or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Agreed.

And, as the age-old tradition I just made up goes, the new title is based on the post that became the OP. Yay.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:40 pm

yay best title and yeah whilst ww has a rampant *ahem* 'drive' im not planning on showing it off in anymore than behind the scenes stuff
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Whoa when did the new thread hapen
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:29 pm

I think just a few hours ago?

It's a little confusing since it takes a couple pages from the old thread with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 5 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next