NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings

Go down 
+3
OverlordJ
Shaula
silckenSoul
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaula

Shaula

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:24 pm

"I hope you don't think I'd ever think that all Blackroms are abusive. Especially since the update basically just told us that they aren't"

I was pretty sure you wouldn't, but I wanted confirmation because I don't trust myself enough. And didn't you say you had the conversation BEFORE the update? So it wouldn't have influenced your thoughts at that time.

"Labels are always a double edged sword, because while they help you to quickly know stuff about a person, they can also lead to missunderstandings."

I'm not sure how, to be honest, unless someone's horribly misusing them.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

It's mostly that for many labels, people have different opinions what exactly they mean.

Let's take a pretty simple example. What kind of person is a "Gamer"?

Some people think of themself as gamers because they play many different games.

Some people think of themself as gamers because they spend a lot of time playing games.

Some people think of themself as gamers because they enjoy playing games.

There is no clear definition. Thus, if someone calls themself a gamer, a listener might have a different understanding of what that term means, thus leading to a missunderstanding.

In cases of things like "Gamer" this is fairly harmless (though some people make a big deal out of it), but other labels can cause HUGE issues, simply by the fact that different people have different opinions what they mean. I don't want to list any examples besides gamer, because those labels can cause huge discussions and I'd like to avoid that.

As for the Blackrom thing, it is correct, the discussion was before the update and I exclaimed that I was very happy about the update, because I JUST had a discussion about Blackrom. If I had argued that all Blackrom was abusive, why would I be happy that the update would give evidence that I was wrong? But yeah, I argued that implying that Blackrom, abusive relationships and Stockholm Syndrom would be basically the same thing was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:20 pm

"If I had argued that all Blackrom was abusive, why would I be happy that the update would give evidence that I was wrong?"

Because it gave answers, at least.

"It's mostly that for many labels, people have different opinions what exactly they mean."

Ah, tru. Could be fixed by defining labels better.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Eh, fair enough I guess.

As for the labels, well, it could help, but even with well defined words, sometimes people argue about it. Not too long ago, I had an argument with someone about whether a certain action was murder or not and I argued that it wasn't, since murder is defined by being planed and on purpose, not everytime a person kills another person it is murder.

(For context, we were in an RP and were discussing about whether killing someone in a turnament to the death would count as a murder)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:31 am

that's murder in the second, also known as manslaughter in some other places

still murder, just not cold blooded

the difference being manslaughter is without the prior planning 'hot blooded' if u will

and it depends, if tournaments to the death are normal in the universe then they are probably a loophole but will be strictly regulated with forms and shit

if not then its murder, even if you plea self defence its still murder in the second
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:51 am

"and it depends, if tournaments to the death are normal in the universe then they are probably a loophole but will be strictly regulated with forms and shit"

They might not be strictly regulated, but in that case I doubt the people care a lot about murder being a thing, sooooo yeah.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:53 am

In places where tournaments to the death are common, murder probably only matters when it's done to the rich, especially if it's a poorer person killing a rich one.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 11:10 am

((It's a Minecraft/Homestuck RP and we are all in the dreambubble and already dead. A fight to the death isn't that serious, since you just pop back up))

((And for reasons that aren't important, I needed to "Record five murders in a book" and thought that deaths during a fighting tournament probably wouldn't count))
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 2:44 am

... Revision:

In places where tournaments to the death are common and death is permanent, murder probably only matters when it's done to the rich, especially if it's a poorer person killing a rich one.

Also I think any time someone kills someone else on purpose is murder. As in, the other person's death was the intended outcome. Basically Silck's opinion on the matter, but I always thought manslaughter was when the person wasn't actually trying to kill the victim.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:20 am

I'm pretty sure there's an actual definition, so... lemme google it.
*googled it*
Looks like it could be both. It's killing without prior planning, but what BB said also falls under that category.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:41 am

As I said, I am fairly sure it's only murder if they did it on prupose AND planed to kill them. If it's without a plan, it's not murder.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:29 pm

yeh thats the legal definition at least for murder in the first degree
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Meanwhile, on the actual subject of the actual upd8:

VRISKA WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT

THE FUCK

NO

YOU DO NOT FUCKING DO THAT

so pissed at Vriska rn SO FUCKING PISSED
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 9:59 am

Yeah, that's rude, but I think she's actually doing it on purpose to manipulate him? I'm not sure why she's doing that but I'm just saying, as rude as Vriska can be, I feel like she wouldn't do this if it wasn't for SOME reason. So I am curious what that reason is.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Knowing Vriska it's likely just so she can feel in control. But I'll wait and see.

(I highly disapprove of any plan that involves shitting on the self-esteem of people who call you their friend though.)
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:54 pm

If she is manipulating him, her aim would be to lower his self-esteem to the point where he hesitates to act in a specific situation, right?
But if whatever action he would have taken otherwise has negative consequences in the long run, she could have just told him so.

Unless him not acting in that situation will result in the loss of something or someone dear to him, in which case he would have acted anyways (if his self-confidence wasn't blown to bits).

So...either Vriska is being a bitch, or someone dies. Wow theorizing is so much fun! mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 YzH250S
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:04 pm

"So...either Vriska is being a bitch, or someone dies."

Vriska is, definitely, 100% undoubtedly being a bitch. The question is whether someone dies...

Which, well, this is Homestuck. Someone definitely dies.

"I'm not sure why she's doing that but I'm just saying, as rude as Vriska can be, I feel like she wouldn't do this if it wasn't for SOME reason. So I am curious what that reason is."

Everything is done for a reason. 'I feel like being a 8itch' is a reason.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Granted. I doubt that Vriska would be a bitch in this case for no other reason then to be a bitch. I think she has a plan.

As for rPs point, well, you definitely have a point, I'm unsure what the goal could be here.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:59 pm

she might be trying to tav him, but going heavy handed

also someone pointed out on tumblr the  fact that this might be an au

this might be a timeline that calliope won and shes rewritten this whole thing

i think its p close cause since the beginning its felt like everyone is acting off, like someone who sort of knew them but didnt really was pretending to be them

here it is

tbh ive thought smth along this line has been happening since the beginning

Last edited by royalPawn on Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Vriska says that all players with the "Page" class are cursed to suck.
Is she serious or does she try to make Tavros miserable again?
Or: Did she accept that Tavros will never change and takes him the way he is?

Should the last idea be the case she has a terrible way of saying it.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:12 am

She is either serious or trying to manipulate Jake, possibly both. I don't think she's saying it for Tavros' sake.

As for the Calliope theory, how would John have gotten there? I mean, for it to be true, the timeline would have had to split before Caliborn won OR the other Calliope would have had to find a way to hop timelines. I don't think the theory is likely.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm

vriska is being vriska, it doesnt really matter why she does things,most of the time 'cause im right' is enough for her in the past

i dont know, i was just saying possible ideas that i thought might have happened, im still a lil stuck with the whole 'evil calliope' thing from way back when

also has the fact that calliopes stage is exactly the same as calliborns been mentioned yet?

cause it should be
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:08 pm

I had noticed that, I took it as a sign that the two are perhaps more similar then they realized.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 5:18 pm

well they are exactly the same

i took it to mean 'oh shit hes already there'
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Huh, well, if LE finds this place eventually then he'd already be there. Perhaps he's toying with his sister, since he's part AR and Gamzee, two people who might be up for messing with someone.

Well, I'm sure we'll find out about it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next