NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Wed May 13, 2015 9:03 pm

I need the exact time. I will be there but I have to know where exactly I can insert Urmelena into the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Ralte wrote:
I need the exact time. I will be there but I have to know where exactly I can insert Urmelena into the story.

That's what we are trying to figure out. But from your comment I'll assume you have time at every point during the weekend?

List of characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Thu May 14, 2015 2:27 am

silckenSoul wrote:
you can do the ENTIRE 36 HOUR PERIOD!?!?!??!!?!?!?
I don't see any problems with that. Sure it'd take a lot of snacks and beverages, but it sounds like a perfectly apt binge to me.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Thu May 14, 2015 8:40 am

silckenSoul wrote:
you can do the ENTIRE 36 HOUR PERIOD!?!?!??!!?!?!?

In theory, yeah. I don't have anything important except sleep and homework but those aren't at a fixed time, and I'm free from now til Monday to work on it.
We're obviously not doing a 36 hour session but I'm just saying, if it happens we can only get together from midnight to 6 in the morning local time, I'm not gonna let something silly like 'a healthy sleep schedule' keep me from playing.

Are These Introductions Really Necessary Im Certain Everyone Is Well Acquainted With My Typing Quirk

Color codes for own convenience: Eridan: [color=#6A006A] Kanaya: [color=#008141]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Thu May 14, 2015 9:41 am

gd point pawn, if i didnt have exams id probs do that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 11:59 am

I've PMd Sand on MSPAF and he won't be able to make it.
Also only me, silck and Mather put in their hours, so the rest of you might want to get on that if possible. If you're available the entire day just put that in.

OJ, have you contacted EZ? He hasn't been on here for two weeks so he won't know we're playing otherwise.

Are These Introductions Really Necessary Im Certain Everyone Is Well Acquainted With My Typing Quirk

Color codes for own convenience: Eridan: [color=#6A006A] Kanaya: [color=#008141]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 12:42 pm

I don't know

my schedule's weird

should i just go for only the 99%certains or
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 1:58 pm

yeh put in the bits u are as sure as u can be

and ive just mentioned to eZ about it just now
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Just filled the schedule thing. I'm a bit worried about timezones, though. Does that site take into account that I live in Italy?

Back to top Go down
royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Eh, no. You have to convert everything to GMT+0.
I can edit the response tho so I'll do it for you real quick.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Ralte and Ireli haven't posted a time yet but it seems so far the only time everyone can be here is from 19:00 to 21:00 GMT, 16.5, so that'll be the time at which we'll de it. If you can be there a bit earlier, great, but DON'T be late. 2 hours is NOT increadibly long for a DnD session.

List of characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 4:24 pm

yeah ill be on all day so im good all the time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 6:00 pm

19:00 to 21:00 GMT?
Sounds good to me. Is that my timezone in Germany?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 6:14 pm

you are one hour ahead of me, ie its quarter past seven now here in england

so its from now for two hours tomorrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 6:23 pm

so that makes it... from 8 to 10 pm my time...
even tho i checked and it said that that was from 9 to 11 pm...
*le sign* fuck timezones with a rusty poker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

I see...
Okay, just to be sure.

OverlordJ:
Do you mean "20:00 bis 23:00 Uhr" for me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Put my times in the thingy, 7-9 GMT is 3-5 EST correct?

I guess I should also finish my character now, how much gp worth of gear does the lvl 2 character get and how much can I send with my familiar, for now I'm going to assume the familiar can have what my starting gold would have been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Ralte wrote:
I see...
Okay, just to be sure.

OverlordJ:
Do you mean "20:00 bis 23:00 Uhr" for me?

one hour too long ralte

and i honestly dont know i need to look at timezones again

okie so pawn set the clock to GMT

atm london, ie my time, is one hour ahead of GMT

germany, and poland is two hours ahead of GMT

EST is four hours behind GMT

ralte you still need to input the time in when is good, which leaves one person, who imma assume is sand, is that right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 pm

As I am posting this it is 19:08 GMT, so we start at this time tomorrow.

Which is 21:00 in Germany, so yes, 21 to 23 in Germany. No idea about the other times, sorry.

As for starting equipment, most people don't give their familiars equipment at all, but Yeah, if you want you can spend up to your starting gold on your familiar. Do keep in kind that they can carry almost nothing. An Air Gen has a light load of 11.5 lbs, so you can't have more then that if you want to fly.

Check some detailed rules for flying under these links: Link 1 Link 2

Also, a second level character is expected to have about 900 gp wealth. Keep in mind that you should usually not spend more then half of your wealth on a single item.

List of characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

I think I can attend from 18:00 O'clock german time until 23:00 and beyond that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 9:09 pm

IreliVent wrote:
Put my times in the thingy, 7-9 GMT is 3-5 EST correct?.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 pm

oh crap.
I made a mistake when adjusting EZ's times. I moved everything one hour back from GMT+1 to GMT, but during summertime Italy has GMT+2

*edits* ok thankfully EZ was available later than our designated ending time so that's not an issue. Everyone's actually available from 18 to 21 GMT.
We could start an hour earlier, but now it's unsure if everyone will read this in time. Darn it! Such a stupid mistake. :c

Shaula wrote:
*le sign* fuck timezones with a rusty poker
...Agreed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Well, we'll try to start as early as everyone is there, if everyone manages to be there from 18 GMT then we'll start at 18 GMT.

List of characters:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 9:34 pm

How are we handling the weight/cost of weapons larger than large and smaller than small? The srd has a detailed table for weird sized armors but nothing for weird sized weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   Fri May 15, 2015 9:38 pm

The Mather1 wrote:
IreliVent wrote:
Put my times in the thingy, 7-9 GMT is 3-5 EST correct?.

OK, am I the only one who perceives this way of replying as kinda a dickish way to do it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next