NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG

Go down 
+4
Sandstriker
Shaula
royalPawn
OverlordJ
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which games would you rather play?
Pathfinder
Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5
Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_lcap71%Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Other(please specify)
Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
royalPawn

royalPawn

Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Quote :
But I think the idea of a Homestuck Pen&Paper RPG has merit if done right.

Link.

...I suppose using this thing is also an option we could consider?
Back to top Go down
JakeMorph

JakeMorph

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:44 am

I miss a lot of shit from the Overnight memo don't I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:11 am

The Mather1 wrote:
Drows aren't overpowered though, or at least they aren't in Pathfinder.

They're certainly stronger than standard races. 6+Level Spell Resistance? Incredible. And the Pathfinder races are already stronger than 3.5 races, so Pathfinder Drow would definitely be too strong in a 3.5 game.

And (contrary to what I said about PF races being better) their 3.5 counterparts are even stronger. Bigger spell resistance! More stats!

edit: I made this post without realising there was another page. Oops. But it remains valid.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Indeed, while most of the classic races, like Humans, Dwarves and co got stronger in Pathfinder then they were in 3.5, Drow got weaker, just as I described above. And even though they got weaker and others got stronger they are STILL an especially strong race in Pathfinder, so yeah, there is a good reason why Drows have a LA of +2
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 12:31 pm

About Alignments:
Are there restraints? Are certain alignments forbidden to use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:10 pm

No, but assume you'll have severe trouble dealing with with races/classes/monsters who oppose your alignment.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Your character can be any alignment, though you should consider your characters behavior. A Massmurderer will NOT be able to be Good, a Rebel will NOT be able to be Lawful.

Also, you need certain Alignments for certain Classes, Feats and/or abilities.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:29 am

So since it's past Christmas already, does that mean we've decided on 3.5?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:32 am

Looks like that yeah. Next up is determining starting level.

EDIT: Looks like the forum won't let me change the poll, we'll have to do this by text.

I'm in favor of the 8-10 range, that way we actually have some starting funds, and we don't need to start out underpowered just because we're going for a build that needs some setting up.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:45 am

So someone mentioned explanations for the newbs are gonna happen after that's decided, are we gonna do this now or do we just learn as we go
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I am going to make the thread in a moment, also, I am VERY much against starting above level 1.

After all, I assumed we wanted to RP, not that we wanted to powergame. Starting above level 1 is only something that is acceptable for a character who joins a group later or a single encounter game in my opinion, if you want to RP you should ALWAYS start on the first level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:30 pm

This wasn't going to be an RP though. This was going to be a game, for the sake of gaming. An RP session set up with conflicting ideals like we're obviously going to have would just end up as a huge clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Mather, we have literally not decided ANYTHING but that we will play in 3.5 so far. Again, it is NOT up to you to decide what we do or don't do.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:19 am

3.5, i see.
Good.
Can I request a link to PDF or something similar about D&D 3.5 what is comfortable to read? In the sense that one has not to move the entire screen all the time every five words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG   Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightnight Crew/Nightfall tabletop RPG
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3