NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Nah, keep it up. I'll try to check it soon and even if there are issues, you'll just need to update your sheet, so we won't even have to change the link.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:43 pm

good point ill leave it up there for anyone to see then
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Okay, I've taken a look at your sheet. It's mostly fine, though the Traits and Flaws fields are actually supposed to be for a variant that we aren't using. Just saying. More importantly though, I am pretty sure Warforged Mind is only in 4e, so you don't get a +1 to Will saves. I'll check once I can to make sure but I am pretty sure about it. Also, technically you don't get Unsleeping Watcher, though in 3.5 Warforged simply don't need to sleep.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

okie ill take those two out, i was also made aware that i need to put in a back pack, arrows and a fletching /bowmaking kit, altho i dont know what the kit is i can look it up

anf the traits/flaws thing i just picked the standard 3.5e thing, take it up with the dudes who made it
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Well, yes, you will need arrows, if you want to shoot your bow, you need a backpack to carry things and for the kit, I'd simply suggest using some tools. That stuff can be found in the PHB in the chapter about equipment, after the armour.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:23 pm

Sweet Ill check that on monday
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 pm

You could also do your languages, I'm pretty sure you get common and one other language of your choice.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Actually, Warforged get no bonus languages, unless they have a class like Wizard. If a Warforged wants to learn a language besides common, they usually need the Speak Language skill.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:04 pm

yeah i saw that hence me not asking what everyone else had
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 9:24 pm

yeah i saw that hence me not asking what everyone else had

EDIT: okie so which tools do i use?

just plain artisan tools?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:02 am

Technically, yes, though feel free to give them a fitting name if you want to. Just write (artisan tools) after it, so I know what they are
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:06 pm

okie cool

*checks PHB*

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im 9gp from masterwork artisan tools

EDIT: okie so in the PHB theres a section in the ranger talking about elf ranger with starting gear and stuff

do i get that starting gear? or is that only for elf rangers?
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

You can take the starting gear instead of rolling for gold. If you choose the starting gear you get nothing else.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:38 pm

........ OOOOOHHHHH

lemme look again at starting gear i might go with that instead

*checks*

yeah the only difference between the two is the composite long bow, i dont plan on mounted combat and i didnt have the money to make use of the strength bonuses so im going with the starter pack

how many feats do i get again in total? point blank shot and one of my choice right?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Wait, are you going with the starter set in the PHB?

That would mean you get Studded Leather, which you can't use, two swords which are nearly useless to you and a waterskin, one day of trail rations and a bedroll, all of which are basically useless to you. The only items of use are the Bow, the backpack, the arrows and perhaps the three torches and the Flint and steel. Heck, the whole starting kit is worth less then the 150 gp starting gold you'd normally get! You could buy all that seperatly and you'd have more money left then the 2d4 gp in the kit.

And no, you get 1 feat. Rangers also get Track as a bonus feat. The starting kit suggest taking Point Blank Shot as the feat but you wanted to take Mithral Body.

So your first level feats are Track and Mithral Body, unless you want something else instead of Mithral Body.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:45 pm

yeah mason mentioned it to me and i changed to custom kit

and yeh i want to keep mithril body so ill drop point blank shot

cheers sorry im being so silly with this (^^')
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Okay, so, I had some internet issues, which delayed things a little for me. But I think we can probably get started soon, so now I need to do a rolecall. Who's still here and wants to take part in the session?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 pm

here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm here.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm in.

By the way, did we decide on anything regarding the choice type chat/voice chat yet?
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm here.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 pm

NOT VOICE CHAT
please
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

im here and i agree with no voice chat, typed chat would make it way easier to make it VERY VERY VERY CRYSTAL CLEAR when u are talking ooc- trust me this is important, i made two characters seem insane and lose reputation with some npcs cause the players didnt make it clear they were talking to me(a spectator) out of character

plus itd make it easier for oj to keep private things private

like if bb does a knowledge check and finds out how to do something itll be easier in text for oj to make sure only she knows about it, until she shares it

EDIT: oj im also down with still using the npc if you want, totally up to you of course
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Yes, no voice chat for me either.
And yes, I'm still in. I'm with you friends.

Also where will we do our session?
In a forum?
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 3:06 am

I am also here.

I would prefer voice chat but I'm fine with not having it; I thought this would be a play by post when I first joined =P .

EDIT: So this presumably means I should actually finish my character sheet right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next