NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

Go down 
+4
IreliVent
Ralte
silckenSoul
Shaula
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralte

Ralte

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm

I can come.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 am

I should be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Well then, you know the drill

But be warned, I likely won't be here for the early day tomorrow and I probably won't have time for a while during the day after tomorrow in the evening. So I am not 100% sure when I'll be able to make it.

Oh, and here are the results for now

I marked everything for good for me, since I am not sure when will actually be good for me and I'll try to find time when it works best for you guys
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Turns out me being able to play will be really difficult because the internet where I am is really unpredictable so
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 10:12 am

And I didn't have time yesterday after all and so far only Ralte seems to have given their times, which means I somehow doubt we'll manage to get everyone today either.

Maybe we need to put the time thing up earlier...
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:46 am

I wasn't (and still am not) sure when I'll be back today so I didn't put in my times yet. But yeah I think the main problem is not all of our players check this forum very often so we need more time to round everyone up.

So...I won't be available next weekend as I've said. How are you guys looking for 24-25-26? Maybe it's easier if we pick a date now and try to keep our schedules clear.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:53 am

Well, I have some tests coming up, so I can't say how much time I'll have the next one or two weeks...
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:01 pm

im free all sunday every sunday
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 12:55 pm

I'll be on another trip...
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow so then is definitely a no. For the weekend itself I really can't say but it's unlikely I can be there, though I can try.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 pm

I can, like always.^^
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Alright, so, Silck and Ralte will be there?

If noone else says anything, I'm gonna run that freaking One Off and add NPCs to get the number up to 4 characters. I'll wait tomorrow and then decide depending on who else says they'd be interessted.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 am

So is that for Saturday or Sunday?
In either case I'll see if I can be there but no promises.
Also I'd like to know if I can buy the following arrow types per piece:

- Explosive arrows (+2 cost modifier from Heroes of Battle)
- Phasing arrows (+2 cost modifier from Dragon Magazine 330 p67 )
- Magebane arrows (+1 cost modifier from Complete Arcane)
- Dispelling arrows (+1 cost modifier from the Magic Item Compendium)
- Bane arrows (for orcs of course) (+1 cost modifier from the DMG)
- Alchemists arrows (from Dragon Magazine 349 p28 )
- Dragonsbreath arrows (from Races of the Wild)
- Serpentstongue arrows (from Races of the Wild)

Fountainhead arrows (Races of the Wild) seem to be sold individually by default.

Razorfeather ammunition is a bit of a weird case. The handbook I'm using says this:
Quote :
Razorfeather Ammunition (á 150 gp) [MMV Pg. 169]
These aren't actually listed being sold anywhere, but by the Craft-rules in PHB, raw materials cost a third of the final result, and Razorfeathers cost 50 gp a piece. The ammunition is considered to be Masterwork, but the book isn't clear as to whether you have to build the Masterwork component separately or if you just work the Feathers and they're automatically considered Masterwork. May be that the actual cost is 156 gp a piece; that's counting the Masterwork cost for each.

Anyways, these arrows are awesome. Just completely incredible. First of all, they're mundane weapons that are considered Keen. That's a +1 property almost for free. Second, they're considered Masterwork and Adamantine. That means they're just about the best mundane arrows you can have. It takes a DC 30 Craft (weaponsmithing)-check to make 50 of them. You should ask your DM if these are sold in your campaign, and if they aren't, it may be an interesting prospect to go on a Steelwing hunt on Acheron or the Material Plane, and train a bit in the arts of Weaponsmithing (or get help from your friendly neighbourhood Wizard with his immense Int-mod).
So I'm not sure what you're ruling is on this.
Don't really know what they do either to be honest. Masterwork and Keen is basically a +2 I think? And what's Adamantine do anyway?

I'm kind of a dumbass for not having my equipment done by now, sorry about that. :I

Last edited by royalPawn on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 am

Oh boy, lots of questions lets answer them:

1) Well play on Sunday, to give everyone a bit more time to prepare UNLESS someone shows up today saying they want to play tomorrow and can't on Sunday. But yeah, we're aiming for Sunday.

2) I currently have access neither to the Dragon Mag 349 nor to the Dragon Mag 330 and I probably won't be able to get access to them till Sunday, so I'm afraid I can't allow the Phasing or Alchemists arrows.

3) You can't buy single Bane arrows, since those are rather too specific. You can't buy Alchemists and Phasing Arrows because of point 2). RotW clearly states that Dragonsbreath and Serpentstongue arrows are sold in groups of 20 (Dragonbreath for 50 gp and Serpentstongue for 3 gp). I'm gonna allow Explosive, Dispelling and Magebane for now, but I am not sure the same will be true in the main game, just so you know. Yes, Fountainhead arrows are sold in singles.

4) Razorfeathers are very hard to get, so you'll not get to buy these. You can get them by defeating a Steelwing, a Magical Bird from the Infernal Battlefield of Acheron. Also, the Handbook apparently assumes that the feathers are the ONLY thing you need to craft those arrows, which isn't said anywhere. Also, Masterwork gives a +1 bonus to attack rolls that doesn't stack with any enchantments placed on it, Keen gives you a better chance to get a crit and Adamantium is a special metal, it allows you to ignore the hardness of most objects when attacking them and some creatures (mostly certain constructs) have damage resistance that can be overcome by Adamantium. Things made with Adamantium are called "Adamantine".

Any other questions?

EDIT: Oh and the cost for a single arrow should be the following:
+1 Explosive Arrow 367 gp
+1 Magebane Arrow 167 gp
+1 Dispelling Arrow 167 gp

EDIT 2: And keep in mind, those are the cost of a single arrow, so you should think twice about whether or not shooting an explosive arrow at some random Ork will be worth it.

EDIT 3: EZ has told me he lost interesst. I find that quite sad but on the other hand, with a smaller group, maybe we'll be able to play more often.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Okay, Silck, Ralte, rP, tomorrow we'll play. Unfortunatly, only Ralte wrote down his time, so that's when we'll do it. Feel free to be there earlier, but if you aren't there on time we might start without you. If you have any questions, ask them now.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Aw it's a shame EZ quit. :/

And yeah it is possible I'm late.
Also because I don't have a room to my own here I might have to stop early too, probably about midnight (10 pm GMT).
Hopefully this won't cause too many issues.

Though hey I will be there so that's good.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's better we know it then if we have to wait for him each time and he never shows up. Plus, as I said, a smaller group might actually mean that we get to play the main game more often.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm in the game now. (Well have been for about 20 minutes now.)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Well, we didn't get as far as we hoped and it was a bit unfortunate that we were only two people, but I think we managed to have fun anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:14 am

Again, I'm sorry for forgetting to show up.
And I'm sad that eZ doesn't want to RP with us anymore. I liked him.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am

It's fine. That said, who has time NEXT weekend?

Also, on the note of eZs character, I have a small question. Since Kal obviously won't be there anymore, it's probably easiest to retcon him out of the story. The biggest thing he did was chat with some NPCs in the tavern, so either that just didn't happen or maybe you were the one chatting with them, before Wanderer came into the tavern. What do you say?
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Sounds good to me as a plan... Yes.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Next weekend should work I think. I'll have returned from vacation but won't be in deadline panic crunch time yet.

Also not a fan of retcons but it does seem like the best option in this case.

--merged posts--

Ok Saturday is no longer an option for me, but Sunday should be good.

...It would be nice if we got replies from the rest of our group though. :I

EDIT: Ok my schedule is now uncertain for both Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to see when other people are available and try to clear some time.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Seems noone posted a link yet, so lets see when people have time

And the results

I'll see if I can contact everyone to reminds them to put in their times. Also, I updated the original OP to cross out Shaula and eZs characters, since they aren't going to play with us anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next