NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Duel Thread

Go down 
+7
silckenSoul
nonexistentPumpkin
Shaula
royalPawn
Sandstriker
sparkingLife
uncertainHavoc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:14 am

(( You do realize that even with feeling really depressed, some minds don't instantly go to "By golly gee, guess I have to fucking kill my self because I feel sad." No matter why emotional pain your force on someone, it doesn't mean they will kill themselves, or even think about it. Such as the Heir would probably mope for a while, but he sure as hell wouldn't kill himself like a motherfucking idiot for having "a lot of depression for no real reason at the moment" There are things to live for, one time huge depression for no reason isn't going to make him pull a gun to his head and fire, because he has things to still go for, and knows that you don't always get a second chance. Though that's mainly my character if you try and pull that bullshit on him later. Besides, time would save him if he tried (which he won't). ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:17 am

((Trauma can change receptiveness to emotions, I would imagine.  Also, emotions are a factor in deciding choices, not the choice itself; someone level headed enough with enough self-control could override it, and it's even easier if they are familiar with the emotion and bad outcomes have happened int he past.  I.E, the Mage's aforementioned history of suicidal thoughts.))

Ah!  Wonderful!

The mantis-leech skittered down from atop the OPATROTH, and tossed a small semi-translucent purplish glob of ooze on the stony ground.  This spread itself evenly into a thin, rectangular layer.  You think you can see small, squarish, metallic specks inside of it.  

After you

He vaguely gestured towards the Mage, the Duke, and the pile of jet packs.

((It dissolves you, and transmits the complete information of your structure to his laboratory, where an exact copy and a non-godtier copy will be constructed, and the former dropped into the sitting room.))

I'll be just a moment; I must set up a teleporter here, that we may return at whim.

Last edited by The Cuttlefish King on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 am

((You know what, fine, if you think so, keep thinking that))

((That doesn't change a thing about my Mage, he has given up hope on trying suicide a long time ago and he knows that nothing he could try would work, so no matter how much he wants to commit suicide, he knows it won't do anything))

EDIT: ((Sand, the Muse caused a desire to commit suicide, not any for of depression))

The Mage asks if you should just jump in?
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 am

(( The desire to commit suicide isn't an emotion, nor do I believe it is in the power of heart's range to create. So I shall stick with my statement. I will also have him turn into a cat if she does that (for two reasons, one, cats are pretty chill about stuff and two, because she will have to watch a cat jump off a cliff and it will torture the inner Nepeta.). Because it is within my power to do so with the backstory I have for him. ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:27 am

((Well, it's a borderline case but I don't have the nerve to discuss what the muse can or can't do with her powers

Though she said it would work on a normal human mind and, well, the mind of the Mage is, well...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:31 am

((It seems like these powers would be closer to a particularly powers Maid of Hearts abilities, as that is a creation-based class, is it not?  Wouldn't a muse of heart would really only be able to inspire emotions to , the same way Calliope arguably inspired a bunch of crap within space to take place?))

Last edited by The Cuttlefish King on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 am

The Bard captchalogues the jetpack fort and steps onto the pad, knowing that if this is some kind of trap or a kill-and-copy teleporter or anything harmful in any way that his original self will revive through God Tier immortality.

((I really dislike the idea of kill-and-copy teleporters. But as soon as a speck of my DNA appears in the lab it will become the original me via God Tier revival. The revival majyyks have to have some component of the person to revive, after all.))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 am

Sandstriker wrote:
(( You do realize that even with feeling really depressed, some minds don't instantly go to "By golly gee, guess I have to fucking kill my self because I feel sad." No matter why emotional pain your force on someone, it doesn't mean they will kill themselves, or even think about it. Such as the Heir would probably mope for a while, but he sure as hell wouldn't kill himself like a motherfucking idiot for having "a lot of depression for no real reason at the moment" There are things to live for, one time huge depression for no reason isn't going to make him pull a gun to his head and fire, because he has things to still go for, and knows that you don't always get a second chance. Though that's mainly my character if you try and pull that bullshit on him later. Besides, time would save him if he tried (which he won't). ))
((I never intended for it to be viewed as an instant reaction, but at some point, when the mind suffers from intense sadness, despair, and/or depression, it looks fur an escape. Of course, he could just be REALLY strong willed. But he said so himself that he tried to commit suicide several times. I wasn't saying that for sure he would commit suicide, he just made it seem way too logical))
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:36 am

((Okay.  So you just finish re-creation early, right?  Because since it was an exact copy anyway, there's no difference. Also it's pretty much the only way to travel at the speed of light, so...))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:40 am

((Wait, so you meant to make me sad and depressed? That wouldn't work at all, my mind is completly screwed, making me sad or depressed wouldn't change a thing for my Mage))
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 am

((Basically yes, but I keep my inventory. Also wormholes and other such manipul8tions of spacetime allow for faster than light travel, but there's not really a way to make one of those with a biological construct, so your shapeshifting whatever wouldn't really be able to do that. So I understand that this is your only means of teleporting people, I just don't like the idea of it.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 am

((Okay, that's fair enough.  Everyone keep their items anyway, it replicates everything it eats.  Also, thanks for understanding that this is the only living thing that can get the job done))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 am

The Mage asks if it'd be okay if he were to look for a different way to travel to that place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 am

The mantis-leech, now half-way through setting up the apparatus, turns and remarks

Well, sure, if you want but, we'd have to spend extra time growing a non-godtier version of you when there!
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:03 am

You thank the creature and look through your cards to search for one that would help here.
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:07 am

((Wait you said the apparatus is still being set up?  Am I still there or did the thing already dissolve me?))

((EDIT: You're gone so I'll go with still here.))

The Bard steps off the platform.

"Can I go with you?" The Bard asks the Mage.  "I wasn't a hundred percent on that pad thing."

((EDIT EDIT: Disregard all of that.))

Last edited by nonexistentPumpkin on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 am

((You misunderstand; you can get there just fine as is, he's just setting up a receiver/cloner so you can get back here afterwards. On a tablet now, posts will take some time.))
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:25 am

((I know but as I said I don't like kill-and-copy teleporters. The God Tier revival thing preserves my sense of being the original me to some extent, but I would've preferred to avoid using that kind of teleporter altogether. Too late now though I guess.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:30 am

The Spark is horrified. Why is everyone getting so angry? Why can't everyone be happy and talk about games and stuff? He simply does not understand.

The Mage is pissed off. Why must everyone lost their tempers so quickly? Why can't everyone always be calm, so he doesn't get angry himself? He simply does not understand.

Last edited by ConflictedScales on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 am

The Mage asks the Duke if he'd like a teleport as well, he just found the card he was looking for and is now ready to teleport, though he can only use it on the Duke before he teleports himself.

((Wait, who's getting angry?))
Back to top Go down
quantumToolbox

quantumToolbox

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 am

*The Knight Proceeds to introduce himself as he examines the chaos going on*
Hello Sir, My name is Nikolai
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:11 am

the spark turns from the muse and greets the knight still upside down

'hey my name is not important to the grand scheme of things but you can call me silck'

he sticks out his hand in the vague hope the knight will shake it

the man in the trenchcoat nods to himself and begins to walk away with a whip of his coattails he is gone travelling in the spaces between seconds to reach the final incursion point that he has noticed

what he does not notice, and what no one will notice, is the small purple flower with a green centre that sprouts after he leaves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 am

*The Duke is currently feeling incredible pressure attempting to crush his mind. It takes a lot of self control for him to NOT go ax crazy, in fact. So instead, he starts screaming*

-NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! STOP YELLING YOUR FEELINGS! STOP! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
(* the scream itself is an expression of pure pain and terror, that continues...until the rage of the Muse and Spark finally dies down, and  the Duke realizes he's curled in a ball on the ground. He stands up, greatly ashamed by his lack of dignity*
-...I'm sorry. I must have perturbed you guys...I'm sorry. What were you saying, sir Mage?

Last edited by SomethingRandom on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 am

The Mage offers theDuke to teleport him. The Mage isn't quite comfortable with the form of "transportation" the creature ofered and thought it would only be nice to offer the teleport to the Duke as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 pm

-Yeah...I think i'm gonna take the chance. This makes me as unconfortable as you...Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Duel Thread
Page 25 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next