NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Duel Thread

Go down 
+7
silckenSoul
nonexistentPumpkin
Shaula
royalPawn
Sandstriker
sparkingLife
uncertainHavoc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:49 pm

((not really? they live most of their life hidden behind the scenes it just comes naturaly to them, when they are not actively attacking they are hiding, so i guess no would be the answer? just to explain these creatures are the Army of Ten Billion Spiders which i shamelessly ripeed from the Kingdom of the Serpents book series))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 pm

((That's cool, I'm just asking because my Mage usually only noticed things that are activly hidden unless he's activly looking for something))

((In other words, if he was trying to find the spiders, he probably would, but he wouldn't notice that something is hiding unless they are activly trying to hide))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:53 pm

((ok then cool, just to tell you if i bring in anything else chances are i am ripping it from a book))
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 pm

"Wait. Star Wars is REAL!? OH MY FUCKING GOD, TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

Good going, Spark of Nerdgasm...

Which is exactly what The Page is doing right now.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:44 pm

The Mage asks the Page why he's so excited.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 pm

"I'm a huge nerd about Star Wars and I always wished it was real. Now that I know it exists, I want to know everything there is to know. I mean, I know a lot of things about the Star Wars universe, but there may be things that are different..."
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 pm

The Mage says he doesn't remember any Star Wars anymore, he'll have to take a look at his records to see if he used to like it back on earth...
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 pm

"Wait, you don't remember? How long have you been in paradox space?"
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:01 am

The Mage says he lived through eternity more times then he lost his mind. And he lost count of the number of times he went insane.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:03 am

"Ahh.... I'm sorry you went through all of that..."

The Page sincerely feels bad for the Mage.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:19 am

The Mage says it's okay, he stopped caring at some point and just got used to it. He barely remembers what life was like anyways.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:43 am

"Well, you don't seem insane to me. you seem alright."
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 am

The Mage says thanks, he wasn't sure if he was doing the whole human interaction thing correctly anymore.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 am

"You are doing good, don't worry."
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:24 am

"Hm. Speed. Should have expected that."

The Seer calms himself and focuses on the Breeze. The Rogue can't move without the Breeze letting him know in advance; and it's impossible to beat someone who knows everything you're doing before it happens. The faster she moves, the louder the Breeze, and the more the Seer knows in advance, and the more speed the Rogue dumps on to compensate, in a vicious cycle of ever-crescendoing levels of power.

Oh, and he blocks another strike.

((What does this power do to your reaction time? Also, can I get a description of your staff? That might come up.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 am

(*The duke feels SOMETHING creeping right out of his perception field. For now, however, it is too vague so he does not focus mich on it. Instead, he faces the Page...*)
-So you like Star wars too, huh? I learned of these through paradox space travels, not so long ago...I've got something that may actually interest you. (*Yet again he rummages through his possessions, and finally...*) Ah. Got it. (*He proudly presents something that looks like the hilt of a classic sword, with the blade missing*) There. (*He tightens his grip on the handle, and a blade appears, similar to that of a scimitar, but etheral and glowing a light blue*)
These are called energy-focusing blades. EFB for short. Want to try one?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:36 am

((Well, since they're just sparring, it's just a boring normal one, nothing special like the OP ultimate weapon doomstaff of death and destruction she's got somewhere in her strife deck for boss battles. Why would it come up though?

*ponders*

and the reaction time is okay as long as the Rogue doesn't take it too far. Which she hasn't. Yet.))

Another Rogue appears.

The pair attacks together, one striking before the Seer gets the chance to recover from blocking the other's blow.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:59 pm

((just to tell everyone the spark is no longer here, you will not notice it because he is moving so damn fast))

the spark keeps moving across the floating rocks, gaining more and more time each time the rogue speeds up, soon he is struggling against the air itself as the air particles stop moving and resist him

eventually he stops in front of the trenchcoat man and another man ((another rourke)) paused mid clash, the trenchcoat man is wielding a two handed broadsword ((one side black and painful looking, the other side white and clean and straight looking)) as if it was a twig, lifting it in one hand with ease

the other man is using a one-and-a-half- hand sword as black as night and as slick and shiny as an oil slick suspended in the sky

the spark sits down and watches this snap shot of poetry in motion
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:30 pm

((Okay, I'll tell you, since there's no reason you couldn't have realized it eventually on your own IC: My stand is metal. If the staff is something more fragile, and your Rogue strikes a block too hard... *SNAP*))

((And Silck? Shaula is the one speeding up. Shouldn't you be slowing down?))

The Seer is struck backwards, but smirks anyway. This development is one he had prepared for.

He adopts a defensive stance.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:09 pm

The Rogues continue to attack, unaware of the Seer's plan.

((Well, I steal time for my allies, so he's getting more time to do what he's doing, which means he's moving faster.))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:37 pm

((I had thought you said something along the lines of "the time I steal comes from Silck" or something like that. I wrote a Thief of Time who could do that to himself once, speeding up if he paid for it by slowing down later.))

The Seer steps towards one of the Rogues as she attacks, grabbing her staff and pulling her off balance. As she stumbles past her, he aims a strike at the back of her head, but watches for the other Rogue to make her move.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:47 pm

((It GOES to Slick. She's not getting time, she's going faster because YOU don't have as much time to respond.))

The Rogue, pulled off-balance, faceplants epically. The other one stifles a pfft.

Yes, that is going to happen to her unless she screws up the time loops, but it was still truly epical.
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:16 pm

*CRACK*

"Probably shouldn't have hesitated, Rogue."
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 pm

"SHIT!"

While the first Rogue is preoccupied with expletives, the second one strikes again.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

SomethingRandom wrote:
(*The duke feels SOMETHING creeping right out of his perception field. For  now, however, it is too vague so he does not focus mich on it. Instead, he faces the Page...*)
-So you like Star wars too, huh? I learned of these through paradox space travels, not so long ago...I've got something that may actually interest you. (*Yet again he rummages through his possessions, and finally...*) Ah. Got it. (*He proudly presents something that looks like the hilt of a classic sword, with the blade missing*) There. (*He tightens his grip on the handle, and a blade appears, similar to that of a scimitar, but etheral and glowing a light blue*)
These are called energy-focusing blades. EFB for short. Want to try one?
The Page brightens up at the saber.

"Does it come in more than a scimitar?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Duel Thread
Page 12 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next