NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Duel Thread

Go down 
+7
silckenSoul
nonexistentPumpkin
Shaula
royalPawn
Sandstriker
sparkingLife
uncertainHavoc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 pm

the spark moves back to the battle in time to see a second rogue appear

he decides to sit down here and watch things happen normally

((ok the way i am doing this is as soon as shaula gives life his time back by taking it from me i will snap back into the 'present' and completely miss anything that happened between the last thing i 'see' and the 'present'))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Indeed. Once you get a grip on the handle, all what is needed is to focus on what you want it to become...(*Ethan closes his eyes for an instant...the blade became akin to that of a double-edged sword*) and there you go. These things are linked, meaning they only obey to one person. The key to make it work is the user's Frequency (*the captal F can be heard*), and its power source is your inner Potency. If you're interested, I could make modify this one so that it works for you. However...Know that this is not an ordinary weapon. Energy blades are designed to pierce...and they do their job well. Most normal materials can do nothing to stop them. In other words : you do not use these to inflict wounds. these are weapons...made to kill.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 pm

"So, it is akin to a lightsaber and can cut through anything? Are there any resistant materials, like Phrik or Cortosis for a Lightsaber?"
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:45 pm

There are some. Infused materials stop them pretty well. Aside from that, two other ways : another blade of the same kind, or simply keeping a distance. These still have a limited range, and since you need to keep your hand on the handle for them to work, you can't throw them.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm

The Page snaps his fingers disappointingly, like a 'drat'.

"Damn, there does my theory of a saber throw..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeah, but trust me...Talking from experience, i can tell you that throwing you main weapon is most of the time a very bad idea. Especially if you fight something or someone competent enough. Anyhow, still interested?
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 pm

"Of course! This is the closest thing I can get to a ligthsaber, and it fits my specibus still. So hell yes! Hell. Fucking. YES!"
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:22 am

The Seer neatly uses the Rogue's momentum to make a pile of two Rogues.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 am

The Rogue on the bottom of the pile makes a very rude gesture in the Seer's direction.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:53 am

the spark grows bored of having so much time and decides to practice his birthright

he cups his hands a create small flickers of white and black, they flicker out almost immediately

he frowns and keeps trying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:05 am

-Okay, here we go...(*The duke fetches a set of tools in his stachel. Using a screwdriver, he opens a panel on the side of the handle, revealing a serie of connected crystals glowing dimly*) Okay, so if I first set the diffuser in first gear, then all I'll have to do is reboot the transfuser and the recog panel...(*he meddles with a few cables, and there is a flash*) here we go. Now... (*Ethan then closes the control panel and deploys his laptop. he opens an application, then stays silent for around ten seconds, his eyes closed, before typing furiously*) ...Aaaand done.Here,take it! (* He throws the handle to the Page*)
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:17 am

The Page catches the handle and grips it tight. A blade about 3 feet long extends from the hilt.

"Oh my god. So cooooooooooool!"

((is the blade a specific color? Or does the color change like the blade itself?))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:45 am

((The color changes the way you want it.In base settings, it shines of the color associated to the user))
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 pm

The blade turns a light green. He then holds it in a back-handed style, getting a feel for it. Carefully, of course.
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:32 pm

"Satisfied?"
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 pm

One Rogue disappears, going back in time to complete the loop. The other stands.

"Well, that was fun."
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm

a sudden wrenching happens in the spark's gut and suddenly the fight is over and there is only one rogue

he puts his hands down, quenching the light and dark orbs that he had managed to create

'so'

he says looking around'

who one?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:23 pm

"I did, of course." The Rogue laughs.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:25 pm

'ok cool'

the spark says instantly seeing through the rogues deception

well if that is done what does everyone want to do?

cause i got to get back in like twelve revolutions otherwise my phelan will murder me for missing interself studies
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:20 pm

((I also had smoke pellets to help deal with possible time-clone spam.))

"Yeah, with that out of the way I'm not really sure what to do with myself. Let me think on that for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:26 pm

*noms acquired tictacs while waiting for someone else to get an idea*
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm

The Mage asks if the others weren't looking for a way to leave.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 pm

'i am still think this might be some sort of training program'

'in which case i will be let out when the timer runs out in............'

flicks his hands a little

nothing happens

he frowns and flicks his hands again

still nothing

'huh well it looks like this is real'

'not even emergency overrides are working'

'ok well we can always try going back the way we came'

with that he rockets up into the sky

and promptly flies up from below

'well shit some sort of spatial rift messing with directions'

'i remember something about this in reality studies'

'never got round to finding out how to get out of one though............'
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm

"Like a hypertorus?"

"If you've ever played an old RPG with a square-shaped map where the edges loop into each other, a planet that works that way would be shaped like a torus, a donut if you will. So if our three dimensional 'map', airquotes, follows the same rules, we're stuck in a four-dimensional donut, right?"

"..."

"I'm not really sure where that came from or how it's applicable."
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 pm

So
We're all stuck here forever?
Huh
So nothing new then
don't worry
you get used to it eventually
Hmm
I wonder if I'd still dream in the bubbles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 13 Empty