NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Alright, reposting this here so that it can be found easier:

From what I've seen, Mathers Character, Raltes Character and Lifes Character will meet in the "Tavern" in the Slums, Urmelena because she is searching for information on drug trafficing, Shadowskulk because he's searching for information on possible slave trades and Thomas because he was working in that tavern, until recently his moral code got him into difficulties with his less morally upstanding boss.

Meanwhile, Baraqel is searching for ways to increase his knowledge of the magic arts outside of the lessons offered by the academy.

Drea on the other hand has come to the city because she is curious about it and wants to discover new and exciting things.

That leaves Belhorn (Metas Dwarf Barbarian), Kujah (Tekkens Warforged Paladin), BBs character (Who still needs to be fixed) and Havocs character (who still needs to be made).

Meta, any ideas for your character?
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Belhorn is going to be off in one corner of the tavern, telling a tall tale about his recent exploits in the wilderness.

Well, if he's going to be more or less a dwarf version of Bear Grylls, he has to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Dwarf Bear Grylls? Hell fucking yes.

My character's most likely either performing somewhere close to another character, or maybe listening to Belhorn's story.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm

I guess I (Baraqel) could be in the shadier parts of town to look for cheaper supplies and/or find some more physically capable companions.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Alternativly, though I don't know if you'd be willing to take your character that far, there are of course drugs, including ones that supposedly boost ones magical powers, being sold in the slums.

Also, is Belhorn going to be in the slums or in one of the actual taverns in the "common" area?
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Kujah enters the tavern to look for any leads on crimes and stuff, I guess. Idk.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 pm

my character is secretly hidden in the bar watching you all but cause i look like a dude none of you have ever met none of you notice or recognise me

and yeah i'll put stuff into the character sheet now then
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:19 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Alternativly, though I don't know if you'd be willing to take your character that far, there are of course drugs, including ones that supposedly boost ones magical powers, being sold in the slums.

I'm pretty sure he'd stay away from anything that might have negative mental consequences. Even if that drugs doesn't bring you into some kind of trance/eats your braincells/makes you addicted, he'd probably avoid them anyway.
Well, he wouldn't go look for them at least. He could be convinced by someone else.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Again, please keep in mind, there are multiple taverns.

I assume you are talking about the "Tavern" in the slums?

As for you Pawn, hmm, I see... Cheaper supplies it is then, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Yeah, I was referring to the tavern in the slums since I figured that's where everyone else was going to be for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Ok, Bookworm, since you have a maxed CHA and an absolutely insane amount of ranks to spend, would you mind being our diplomat? We don't have anyone specialized in social interaction yet and your character is perfect for the task.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 pm

I would be perfectly all right with being the diplomat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Sweet. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 pm

nice we might be talking a lot then bb my dear

heres my character sheet by the way http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=871135 the picture thing broke so i cant add in a picture to show off the non human form i will be looking like most of the time so i added a link into the description thing
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Okay, a few quick things:

Bookworm, did you fix your stats yet?

Mather, check Ralte, I think his character got good diplomacy already

Silck, keep in mind that you're a NPC, you might not want to show your sheet to the players
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 pm

SHIT IVE BEEN DOING THAT IN THE MEMO ALREADY

ITS TOO LATE FOR THAT SHIT

also we talked a lot after you left and we all agreed bb would be a better diplomat than ralte's character
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 pm

God damn, Silck.

*imagines Shade obsessed with my character's eyes because they're green*

Am I really that good at diplomacy? I feel like I'd get fed up with people's bullshit frequently...

No, I haven't gotten around to stat fixing yet, but hopefully I will tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Only +5. Assuming Bookworm takes 2 ranks, she'll be at least +6, and we need bluff and gather information as well.
Plus Ralte is a Paladin in a mostly chaotic party. Best leave representing the chaotics to someone who's chaotic themselves.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Only a +5 even though Ralte only took a single rank in diplomacy, at second level he could give her  4 more ranks f

EDIT:or a +9 to diplomacy. And chances are that Bookworm won't have a +4 CHA after fixing the stats
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 pm

i might be slightly obsessed with your eyes

what shade of green are they?

and yeah not sure who should get the diplomat thing

if its ralte then you wont get much out of me

paladins are boring

xD
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Why not two diplomats? That totally doubles the chances of not getting kicked out of every city we enter!

:P
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Been reading over the DND 3.5 books and I just remembered something.

Are bloodline races okay? If not I know what I want to be, but it would be cool to be a Bloodline race~
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Considering you're a fey and Shaula's character was raised by fey I'd assume she'd be the best to talk to you, no matter who got the highest diplomacy

Also, the lawful person doing the talking for a chaotic group might not be a bad idea in a mostly lawful aligned city

EDIT: Also, what do you mean Havoc. And sheesh, stop posting so quick, I'm on my goddamn phone

Last edited by OverlordJ on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Considering you're a fey and Shaula's character was raised by fey I'd assume she'd be the best to talk to you, no matter who got the highest diplomacy

Also, the lawful person doing the talking for a chaotic group might not be a bad idea in a mostly lawful aligned city

EDIT: Also, what do you mean Havoc. And sheesh, stop posting so quick, I'm on my godfamn phone

:33 Lightning post speed!

And bloodline races are a variant race. They're based off of one of the common races, but have an ancestor that was not common, such as a dragon, celestial, or devil. It just alters some racial stats and modifiers, but if you guys wanna keep it simple I'm down
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 pm

ah okie i was tempted to focus on shaus character since shes a rogue and rogues are always fun but i didnt want it to seem like i was favouring her because of (><)

and BB im still waiting on an answer, what shade of green are your eyes?

sun dappled leaves? swamp? lizard scale?

astroturf? mspa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next