NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

Go down 
+4
IreliVent
Ralte
silckenSoul
Shaula
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralte

Ralte

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:10 pm

I think I can next weekend.

About Chat for OC chatting:
How about a Skype Group for that purpose whilst OverlordJ's Pesterchum doesn't work?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 pm

cause as oj said he cant skype
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 10:32 pm

At this point Skype is a vital life skill though, so he's better of starting at some point.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Actually, I could skype now, I am getting used to it.

I do believe I posted about me finally managing to download it, didn't I
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 pm

yeah and then you saying you didnt know how to work it, you had yet to say you had gotten the hang of it i thought you were still struggling with it
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 pm

I am struggling, but I suppose I might as well give it a try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:29 pm

If I can get some Skype names then I'll set it up.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:40 pm

Okay, so I think my skype name is jacobuschmann and also, please don't do video chat, I was warned that videochatting eats up the internet like nothing else and I really can't afford that with the way my internet works.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

I would prefer not joining a skype group for this
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm not 100% sure how skype groups work to be honest, it's just something you could use if you want to chat with me I guess
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Okay, so, for the comming weekend, I made one of those "When is it good" things (or at least I tried to)

I think this is the input

And this should be the output
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 pm

wwelp mather has mucked it up looks like we arent doing it on the weekend, hopefully we can friday tho
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Well, it seems Friday afternoon might still be possible?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:11 am

I mucked it up? The only slots rendered impossible because of me are 4 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday. While your selection rules out 4 hours on Saturday and 9 on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:48 am

Well I'm ready to go whenever.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:40 am

Well, so far one three of you posted their times and the only time possible seems to be today, so I am worried that we simply won't be ready untill then

EDIT: I started the session but I will have to be afk for a bit at first, lets see if all players join when I am there, if they do then we can play, if they don't then we'll have to try next weekend, I guess
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:07 pm

uh

its

v short notice to me sorry i dont think i can im sorry
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Well, we talked about it before but I suppose I should have done the time thing earlier. I'm gonna stay in the session just in case but I guess that means we won't play today
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:09 pm

This weeks session has been more or less officially canceled at this point, so here's the WIG (which by the way is a great acronym) for next week:

Input

Output

Try to put your times in as soon as you can. :)
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:47 pm

I'll be visiting family in Texas starting Wednesday, lasting basically an entire week after that. It's possible there won't be much happening for a couple of days, but I only really see these guys about once a year, so it's doubtful I'll be able to do D&D.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Okay, so, since we won't play together this weekend, and it seems we won't be able to get the full group next weekend either, we've come up with an idea.

For anyone who wants, next weekend we'll play a One Of. Whoever wants to join should create a third level character. Those characters will be a group of adventurers that have been tasked with dealing with a camp of orc raiders that have been attacking the nearby villages and farms.

The story is obviously very simple, but the main idea is that we can have some fun and those that aren't too used to DnD yet can finally get some combat experience. We might do something like this again in the future, but just be aware that we might never use the characters you create for this again. This is a throwaway adventure. But if you do very well, the adventure might become "canon" for our main session (Maybe you'll hear about it in a tavern, or meet an NPC you've encountered, or something like that)

Also, as a small hint, while the main focus of this will obviously be on the combat and killing every orc in the camp IS an acceptable solution, I will make sure that if you WANT, there are other options to solve the issue and I'll also make sure that, while it IS possible to just charge into the camp and start killing the Orcs, clever strategies get rewarded in some way.

For those who want to join but don't want to bother creating a charater, I'll prepare some characters that can be used.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:37 pm

sounds like fun, a week should be enough time to make a character, im feeling like running a magic user or a ranger, im just sad invokers dont exist in 3.5 otherwise id totes play as one of them
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:32 am

OverlordJ we talked yesterday in the Group-Chat of our session about creating a Lawful Good Necromancer with a license.

Can we continue the talk in Skype? I know you dislike Skype but it would go faster.
Or the Chat on Roll20, whatever you would prefer.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:51 am

Well, I'm on roll20 again, if you want to chat

EDIT: How does and invoker play like? Maybe there is something similar in 3.5 that you could play
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 5:42 pm

its basically a holy warlock, plays like a controller i think the term was? lots of ranged bursts and close bursts, couple of ones that damage foes whilst buffing allies, throw in some angel summoning and eventually an angel transformation iirc and thats an invoker, if you want i can find the handbook they are in?

EDIT: okie yeh no angel transformations but i do get a spell at high level to give allies wings and theres a paragon path that also gives me angel wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next