NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

Go down 
+4
IreliVent
Ralte
silckenSoul
Shaula
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 2:11 am

Well, I guess you could take a Look at the Eldritch Disciple? The God needs to be either Evil or Chaotic, but it then combines Divine Spell casting with Warlock Invocations.

And/or take a look at the Favoured Soul, they are to the Cleric as the Sorcerer is to the Wizard, kind of. Those guys do even grow Wings at level 17. Not a great ability but, you know, 'cause you meantioned growing wings.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:16 pm

oooohhh as a crew fan i cant say no to eldritch disciple xD and favoured soul sounds fun too

what books are they from? ill have a look at them both
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:09 am

Favoured Soul appears in both Complete Divine and in the Miniatures Handbook.

Eldritch Disciple is in the Complete Mage book.

(And the Warlock is in the Complete Aracane book, in case anyone wants to check that out as well)

Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:13 am

sweet cheers i shall look through favoured soul, eldritch disciple and warlock now

EDIT: okie so im thinking either favoured soul or a chaotic good warlock cause i love the rp potentiality that is offered by a being who gets their power from a chaotic/evil source but fight evil, sort of like a batman-esque dude

EDIT x2: okie yeh im going with the chaotic good warlock with the earthen grasp invocation, immma go on roll20 now to roll my stats, its roll 4d6 and add the three best options right?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:33 pm

For everyone reading the thread, no, it wasn't roll 4d6, we're using pointbuy.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Hey, guys I found an interesting list of DnD gods your characters may want to pray too.

http://io9.com/the-13-strangest-deities-in-dungeons-dragons-1708197051
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Eh, the article doesn't seem to grasp that you don't need to worship a god for ALL the things in their portfolio, but besides that, yeah, there are some pretty funny ones. Just don't try to worship the Lady of Pain because then I WILL have to murder your character
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 pm

I already have my god; Rejik.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:31 am

Considering that the page you liked is in the Homebrew section and Rejik doesn't appear on this list, I'd like to know an official source or the deity Reijik doesn't actually exist. Mind you, you CAN follow an imaginary deity, though considering that it is literally possible to meet gods in DnD and you CAN'T meet imaginary gods, well, lets just say it's good you're not a cleric.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 2:15 am

Fucking DnDwiki. I found that through the deities by alignment pages, but those didn't have even half as many as the 3rd edition part on Wikipedia.

But fuck it. Looks like 3.5 doesn't have any proper freedom deities that aren't either goody two-shoes or glorified druids. Can't even use the official IRL pantheons, because both ancient Greece and Egypt considered slavery a right for the rich, and the Norsemen never needed to put it into their religion because we considered it common decency to shun anyone who treated their thralls as anything lesser than a member of their own family.

I'll stick with Rejik because he embodies my character's quest
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 am

You know, unless you're a member of a class that gets their power from a god, you CAN simply NOT worship a certain god. There isn't exactly such a thing as an atheist, but there are people who don't focus their worship on a single god but on a patheon instead. Or they simply worship whichever god is the most fitting to their current situation. And some simply decide not to worship any gods because they want to be the master of their own fate and feel they'd rather be seperate from the gods. Lastly, some people also decide to worship an ideal or a similar abstract concept.

Lastly, I looked through some gods and found one I think might be fitting nicely for your character.

Quote :
Haku, known as Master of the Desert Wind, is the patron of waste nomads. He represents the free spirit of the wanderer, as well as the wild nature of the desert whirlwinds. His worshipers include rangers, travelers and beings of the air. Haku's symbol is a stylized gust of wind. He appears as a nomadic human with a noble, haughty manner, dressed in flowing robes and headgear and carrying a bright scimitar. Many waste adventurers are followers of Haku, and caravan leaders pay him homage for his power over travel.

Alignment: CG Domains: Air Chaos Good Protection Travel

And in the entry of a (Neutral Good) goblin Godess, Haku is meantioned as a god she's cordial with, because he helped spread her children across the lands. So he's chaotic and air themed AND has ties with goblin gods. He's good aligned but far from being a goody two shoes and while he's worshipped by some rangers sometimes, I think he's pretty far away from any druid stuff. Not technically about freedom from slavery, but he seemed pretty fitting. I can keep looking for something better though if you want. Or, as I said, you could just NOT worship a god.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 am

It honestly confuses me to no end you'd have a semi-official wiki and let everyone put their own stuff on it.
Like, I apparently could develop an entire setting based on rainbow-worshipping dwarves and then dump everything; new spells, classs features, subraces, feats, places, NPCs, etc etc, right on there?

People come there to look up facts. If you use stuff some random guy made up, you might as well be using your own ruleset. Put that stuff on a forum dammit.

Maybe I'm just missing the point but to me it seems like it renders the wiki pretty much useless.

Well now that I got that rant out of my system, what time are we looking to play this weekend?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 pm

im still up for the one off that im really looking foward to (cant wait to play jameson hes hella)

and the wiki is mostly a homebrew thing, the thing about tabletop rpgs are they are REALLY FUCKING EASY to mod, like literally you have a core rule set of effects, stats and moves and you can build from there

i personally think the problem is that they call it dndwiki and not dndhomebrewwiki or smth like that

also speaking of modding tabletop rpgs ive had ideas for six races, two gods and four legendary uber expensive magical items based on the carapaces of homestuck so thats a thing xD
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Well, we obviously aren't playing today and I don't know for sure how soon I'll have time tomorrow actually, a friend of my parents has a birthday party and I am invited as well, so I don't know how soon I'll actually have time. I'll find it out today and let you know.

If Ireli doesn't show up, do you want to try it with just 3 people or do you want me to join with one of the characters I prepared in case someone wanted to join on last note without having a character themself as a "GMPC"?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:31 pm

if it happens at all itll have to be sunday
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Well on Sunday I definitely DON'T have time, so, guess that clears that
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 am

Alright so this week's off the table. I guess we just have another whenisgood and decide if we'll do the main game or the one-off based on who's available?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah, that sounds like the best option.

If everyone is available, we do a main session, if some people are missing we do a one off
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Well, this week is problematic 'cause I'm visiting Slick, so we'll be kinda busy with that.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:53 am

I back this up
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am

Well that's a pretty viable excuse alright. Hope you two have a grand time :D

As for the rest of us, I guess we can set up another one off or would that be a little much? We just play something else entirely. Dominion Online looks fun.
Or we can just take the week off I suppose. What do you guys feel like doing?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 pm

If enough people want to play I'd totally be fine with setting up a different one off. But we'll need at least 4 people who want to play or else the group will be a little bit small.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I have my necromancer for that already thanks to you OJ.
I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:27 am

It's more that we had trouble getting four players even WITH Silck, so without him it'd be pretty tricky I'd think
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:05 pm

If we do play I'll probably either finish up my ranger or make a character using only the player handbook to save time. But yeah it doesn't seem very likely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next