NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)

Go down 
+7
uncertainHavoc
royalPawn
Shaula
Sandstriker
silckenSoul
sparkingLife
Alder
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm a forum regular too. D:
Also, just to clarify, can Death look in all the threads? Because until people die there isn't much to do, so it's fun reading other people do things and the Nightnight Crew threaten to kill eachother.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:43 pm

yeah sure, death is omnipresent and omniscient

it is now canon

and yeah i agree with the time limits

we should give the people who have yet to post two weeks after us telling them to make things fair
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
I'm a forum regular too. D:
Also, just to clarify, can Death look in all the threads? Because until people die there isn't much to do, so it's fun reading other people do things and the Nightnight Crew threaten to kill eachother.
You can't post, unless it's OOC, but you should be able to read everything. Death should be all seeing right?

Also, I thought of you before anyone else, Sandstriker, but I knew Shaula and Silck would be more irritated if I didn't put their names. So yeah. DWI
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm

silckenSoul wrote:
yeah sure, death is omnipresent and omniscient

it is now canon

and yeah i agree with the time limits

we should give the people who have yet to post two weeks after us telling them to make things fair
Another Double post. IDGAS.

Death shouldn't be omniscient, since he didn't appear to be in Problem Sleuth
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:47 pm

well ok i am still a problem sleuth noob so yeah

and i would not have been irritated if i was not named

so no worries there
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 pm

I'd be 0kay with it if I wasn't on the list.

And I guess we could say Death picked up some new powers in this? I mean, he's right, he hasn't got much to do, and it's not more canon-defying than Shiplish.

Should we GIVE him something to do? >: )

And two weeks sounds good, yeah. Who (NOT IT) will do the PMing?

AND LASTLY: edit button.

Edit: Oh, and we could use a list of people to PM. Boxcars and Karkat are inactive in our Crew, what about the rest?

Last edited by Shaula on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 pm

~Inactive Member List~

Nitenite Last Active: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 pm, # of posts: 2

1412 Last Active: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:04 pm, # of posts: 0

Captain Last Active: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 am, # of posts: 20

Zorc Last Active: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 pm, # of posts: 41

abscondedGamemaster Last Active: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:32 pm 17

SomethingRandom Last Active: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm 1

Xeta Jazz Last Active: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 pm, # of posts: 10

archiveScrapper Last Active: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:55 pm, # of posts: 0
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm a forum regular.
:I

Anyway 2 week rule sounds good.
Are we apointing someone to keeping track of this?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Nitenite, 1412 and Captain have been active since the third. That leaves Zorc and Random for Nightnight and Xeta, Scrapper and aG for the Felt. Perhaps they should each be PM'd by their respective group's member, so Slick deals with Zorc and Random and you get the other three?

And I can keep track of it.

Edit: Guys, there's an ad for a pool game on here...

yellow 5.
purple 3.
blue 4.
red 7.

Clearly, it's Hatswap Day at the Felt Mansion and Crowbar is the only one not participating. Or he switched with Trace.

WE KNOW YOUR SECRETS
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 pm

message sent to zorc and something random about a minute ago, two weeks notice for them starts now
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Perfect timing, their time's up on the last day of the month.
EDIT: Me and Slick just had a discussion on Pesterchum that MUST be shared with you people.

Behold Pesterchum Sillies Y/N?:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Shaula wrote:
Oh, by the way, I know this isn't exactly relevant but you know that [SPOILER] thing? The mysterious project I'm working on with Slick and Tholl?

Well, we could use a secondary artist, since Tholl's a busy guy and I can't computer art. (FUCK TRACKPADS) Of course, the artist WILL discover what [SPOILER] is if they decide to join the [SPOILER] team.
I would really like to join this.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything even remotely artistic, so someone else will have to do it.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

ok thank you for noticing it

the more we bnup this the more likely someone who can art and does want to art for us will respond
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Yeah, pretty much what Slick said.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Lucky Charms Cereal? Never heard of it.
:I

EDIT: Thank you Google. XD
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Heh.

Next February, I will FIND Lucky Charms Cereal in this country and I WILL give them to someone as a valentine's gift telling them I'm feeling Star Heart Horseshoe for them.

Or just eat them.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:11 pm

"Hearts, stars, and horseshoes. Clovers and blue moons. Pots of gold and rainbows. And me red balloons"
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

tekkenfreak4 wrote:
"Hearts, stars, and horseshoes"
HUSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 am

I... Sort of only replied to that because I missed about three pages of content. I'm caught up now.

Also, I have had Lucky Charms several times. They are always in stock in my local grocery store. The only reason I don't have them more often is that there are much more healthy alternatives (have you seen the sugar in those things?)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 am

I have found a way what to do to leave and yet not leave the rest of Team Sleuthfall, so that I can both do other stuff AND be ready once they return or get replaced.

Also, I already tryed to contact Captain but I guess I can try to contact every member of Team Sleuthfall via the MSPA forum...
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:34 am

I think we should make a chart for the stabdad AU, for ease of access.
Among a list of rules and notes from this chat so new members don't have to read EVERYTHING in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:45 am

Yes, that could be helpful. Especially considering I wasn't familiar with this AU at first.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:42 am

Speaking of the AU, it's been brought up a few times in Pesterchum conversations- should we add Nep and Fef in somehow?

Anyway, I'll look through the thread and write down the most useful information that could go in the OP:

Quirks. Some people might not know right away what the established quirks for the Nightnight Crew, Team Sleuthfall, and Nightfelt should be. Since spots for them will be opening up soon, it could be useful.

As I so eloquently put it previously, huge-ass clarinet blocking death's door. However, Death can still let you out, you just can't open the door and walk out yourself.

Not OP material, but page 9 has Shiplish talking in a non-eye-searing color. I wonder why that changed.

ALSO not OP material, but this
Sandstriker wrote:
Death waits in the afterlife playing solitaire, waiting for the slaughter that is sure to come in the Nightnight Crew vs Team Sleuthfall battle that will finally go underway now that Captain is here.
is rather pfft-worthy in retrospect.

GUYS.

THE ONLY DEAD CHARACTERS OTHER THAN NPCS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY THEIR OWN CREWMEMBERS.

WHAT.

Anyway, this post
uncertainHavoc wrote:
Of course! I believe these are all good ideas for powers! I'll put it in an official list and edit it here if we change our minds.

Shadow Magic:

1) Invisibility
2) Shadow Creation (Limited size, EX: A car is the largest thing you can make)
3) Shadow Clones (Limited to three, all with limited use)
4) Shadow Communication
5) Shadow Shield
6) Teleportation (The way Matchsticks uses fires, you can use shadows)

Also, since I'm not the "canon" LE (AKA Lady Shiplish), I believe my powers should be defined. I'll throw my ideas in here and modify them along with the Shadow Magic

Lady Shiplish Abilities:

1) Laser Face
2) Indestructible
3) Time powers (Since I'm a Lord of Time, I get control of time)
----- Non-Canon powers -----
4) Heart powers (Lord of Heart)
 a) Temporary ship changes ( I can create temporary changes in relationships EX: Making DD have a kismesis instead of a moiralligence with SS)
 b) More to be added
5) Random wanderings (A chance to wander into ANY thread, see the NightNight thread for an example)

Also, since I'm so freaking OP, being LE and all, I feel I should try to participate as little as possible. Otherwise, it would feel kind of uneven.

And if you want, I can also create a section to define the abilities of all the Felt members as well
Seems relevant (perhaps mentioning that our cards and keys can actually hurt shiplish)
And this
Shaula wrote:
If I may steal an idea from Midnight Sleuth again...

We could go with this.

Going by the colors:
Slick has the highest Volatility (obviously). Possible interpretations could mean shadow magic, since he actually USED it in canon, "like being twitchy and prone to shouty anger killy mode", (Quoting Silck here, we're discussing this on Pesterchum) or both.
I get Artifice, which is "Clever or cunning devices or expedients, esp. as used to trick or deceive others" (Quoting the internet here) so perhaps the power to "lie and bullshit our way out of trouble" (WHY IS SLICK BETTER AT WORDS THAN I AM)
Hearts gets Vigor, which is obviously Vim.
And Clubs gets Calamity, which is... Slick suggested destructiveness. I suggested the power to make this play. SERIOUSLY, I think it could ALSO be Twitchy Shouty Killy Mode, with Volatility JUST being Shadow Magic.

So Slick has highest Volatility, then Calamity, then Artifice, then a teensy-weensy little bit of Vigor (He's going to kill me when he reads this post isn't he).

And I.......

I need to ponder this a bit. Maybe discuss it with Slick. Either way, more later. Deuce, Boxcars, you guys can do your own stats.

EDIT: So translating PI's CANON FACTS into our new stats...

Coffee and Hot Sauce increase Vigor. Steaks heal. Alcohol does nothing except get you drunk because REAL MEN fuel their magic with CANDY. OTHER candy could boost Artifice instead, I guess, while Hangovers reduce it. Assuming Volatility=Shadow Magic, we have stat boosts and reducers for everything except calamity.

EDIT 2: Slick agrees to get rid of Twitchy Shouty Killy Mode. So Volatility=Shadow Magic, Calamity=Destructiveness, Artifice=Liesandbulshittitude which is TOTALLY A WORD NO REALLY, and Vigor is Vim, Midnight Crew edition.

And I'm going with Artifice, Volatility, Vigor, Calamity. SOMEWHAT more balanced than Slick's so my 'destructiveness' stat isn't as pfft-inducingly teensy. IF we can't have a stat in the same place twice, that leaves:
HB:Vigor, Artifice, Calamity, Volatility
CD:Calamity, Vigor, Volatility, Artifice
But making sure it fits the character is more important than making sure it fits Stat Sudoku, so if something doesn't fit, feel free to change it.
is useful info too.

Also, we figured out the charms. They go like this(mostly copypasted):
HEART: Love based on romantic feelings, aka, like human love
MOON: Love based on wanting to dance together
STAR: Love based on wanting to sing together
CLOVER: Love based on wanting to challenge the other via riddles
DIAMOND: Love based on wanting to help the other one through emotional support
HORSESHOE: Love based on wanting to challenge the other to games of chance
BALLOON: Love based on wanting to play pranks
RAINBOW: Love based on physical affection, for example expressed by cuddling
POT OF GOLD: Love based on wanting to help the other by giving material support

Also there's the AU chart thing, who is who's parent-
Spades Slick-Karkat
Diamonds Droog-Aradia
Clubs Deuce-Sollux
Hearts Boxcars-Tavros
Problem Sleuth-Kanaya
Pickle Inspector-Gamzee
Ace Dick-Eridan, Equius
Sn0wman-Terezi, Vriska
Nepeta and Feferi aren't part of this, unless we want to add them to the Nightfelt for completeness' sake?

Are there any I should add or remove from this? I'll organise it better once I add it to the OP.

AND ALSO, for the daily activeness check: CatcheJagger (Trace) uncertainHavoc2 (only on this list for completeness' sake) and irascibleErudite (Itchy) haven't posted EVER. They joined more than a month ago. Whoever the Felt's PM-er is, send a message to them too.

The complete list is:
1 week 6 days left: Zorc and Something Random
Not PM'd yet: Xeta Jazz, archiveScrapper, abscondedGamemaster, catcheJagger, and irascibleErudite of the Felt.
Also, going from 'warning if you've been gone 2 weeks, kicked out 2 weeks after the warning' to 'warning if you've been gone 1 week, kicked out 1 week after the warning' will happen on the 24th.

Last edited by Shaula on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Tekken's suggestion added.)
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:56 pm

How about a chart saying who's "dad" is who?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Added the chart in. I'll just wait until... tomorrow, I guess, or today evening, that should be enough time to get any major problems fixed, and then I'll make it nice and neat and add it to the OP. Particularly important is getting the rules figured out. We know stuff like 'no godmodding' 'don't be an asshole to everyone OOC' 'don't read other threads unless your character is actually in there' 'Slick stop killing off Droog you TRAITOROUS BASTARD' is pretty much obvious, and there's the activeness thing, but anything else?

And there's the title. We should really make it more obvious that this is the place to talk out-of-character about the forum and roleplaying and introduce yourself and stuff. Can anyone think of a better one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next