NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+13
Alder
Sandstriker
TheGreatMindfang
tekkenfreak4
quantumToolbox
nonexistentPumpkin
sparkingLife
Metafiction
JakeMorph
silckenSoul
OverlordJ
royalPawn
Shaula
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:10 am

Neska wrote:
True . . . but Shaula got me Frenchmen . . . and royalPawn got me Karkat pics . . . and they barely know me . . . you've known me for a year . . .

Whatwillyoudo? 

mspa 

I have resources. I'm a rich girl. What do ya want~
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Neska

Neska

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:56 am

Um . . . that's rather open-ended . . . I'd like a Cintiq Companion tablet for drawing, I'd like a new keyboard and mouse for my Mac Mini, new speakers would be nice too, I'm addicted to manga and anime so there's a whole list of things I'd like in that category, I'd like a house of my own so I can move out of my parents' place, I'd like either a job or the resources to never need to work again, and maybe a boyfriend.
But I'd be content with pretty pictures.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:51 am

Neska wrote:
Um . . . that's rather open-ended . . . I'd like a Cintiq Companion tablet for drawing, I'd like a new keyboard and mouse for my Mac Mini, new speakers would be nice too, I'm addicted to manga and anime so there's a whole list of things I'd like in that category, I'd like a house of my own so I can move out of my parents' place, I'd like either a job or the resources to never need to work again, and maybe a boyfriend.
But I'd be content with pretty pictures.

Hmmm...

I can do anything except the infinite resources or the house

But you have to choose one! I won't give people everything they want! That's called spoiling. You gotta choose what you want the most!
(Say the Cintiq. That way I can get one too~)
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:21 am

Then I say the Cintiq!
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:21 am

oooh nice thats a pretty cool bday gift!
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 7:23 am

Seriously . . .
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:19 pm

okie so oj and whoever else is playing the scoundrels, the crew are looking for you to clear up this mobster swap arc
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:32 am

Silck, do you remember how we talked about waiting untill Calliope is back?

Or do you plan to wrap up this "arc" as "Mobsterswap characters came for some reason but never really did anything and it was never established in canon why or how they came here in the first place"?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:38 am

augh i dont know sorry

its just i keep abandoning my characters cause ive got so many on my plate, ww and ygg had a reason, them just being out of action, but i completely forgot about scout even to the point that i keep calling him slick

youre right though we did agree that, sorry i just dont know what else to do with the company other then them probably wanting to get back to their world
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:15 pm

1: The character's actions make perfect sense. They would want to fuck up the scoundrels' plans and get back. They are attempting to fuck up the scoundrels' plans and get back.

2: "How" was answered. The other Ygg sent them there. What they did: Yours showed up, ours followed to fuck up their plans, and succeeded. (Assuming we go with that instead of the Calliope thing.)

3: If it's been so long people are forgetting about it since Calliope was mentioned, then it's been long enough for us to think of something else.

4: If you think Calliope's so damn important we can't solve this without the Scoundrels succeeding in their quest to find her, someone else can take her over for a bit.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:15 pm

1. I'll give you that but in that case, I'd see no reason why the Scoundrels shouldn't hide. It seems in character for them and they are in the office, all they'd have to do is hide SOMEWHERE in the imaginary realm. Between the imaginary city and the four Kingdoms, I feel that there is enough space to hide there indefinitely.

2. Tell me, which characters know that "the other Ygg" send them and how many of those know who that is? And so far, noone knows WHY they came here and they literally did nothing yet, except hide, be found and then hide again. And your characters don't know whether or not they managed to succeed, since they have no clue what the plan was.

2b. Actually, if you manage to send us back, PI will just act as if you were helping them and that they already did what they came to do. For all your characters know, that might be true, after all, they were hidden for a long time and you don't know what their goal was.
(And hey, I might even make them actually have done something while off screen, that way the ending won't be as much of a cop out)

3. And that something else is "Screw it, lets end this "arc" with a cop out instead of finishing it"?

4. Didn't Havoc say that quantumToolbox would be back soon?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:22 pm

1. and thats perfectly fine for you to do that, all i was really doing was telling you guys that the crew was going to be searching for you

2. thats a very good point

2b. as is that

3. this isnt a cop out this is exactly how the characters would act, theres no way in hell that the company would stand by and allow the scoundrels to do whatever it is they are planning on doing

4. yes that was at least a week ago, which is the usual time where we start thinking about cutting someone from the roster

on a completely different note, seriously can we change this background? ive got lady shiplish vibrating to the left of the box im writing in and its slightly unnerving
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

But silck...

:33 < I'M ALWAYS WATCHING Y Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 831912922 U
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:47 pm

He is right, that arc if over and it's kinda obnoxious having a GIF as a background...
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:50 pm

I actually came up with a pretty perfect (by which I mean evil) solution. Remember, I am Lawful Evil, you can't hope to beat me in a "bend the rules to my advantage"-off, I am just the best there is.

Also, I second the background thing. My phone sometimes kicks me out of the internet and it's noticably more often on this forum then anywhere else, and we're the only ones with a gif as a background, so...
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah, actually. I do agree we need a new background. Maybe something Sleuthfall related?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:07 pm

A "pose as a team" picture, nothing is more Problem Sleuth-ish then that!

Just make sure it isn't animated
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:19 pm

2. I seem to remember one of us trying to find out who the other Ygg was. Could be wrong, but the point is, a horrorterror sent them, we know that.

2b. Here are the 6 possibilities, depending on whether we do the thing and whether you finished or not.

1: You didn't do anything, we don't make the portal. You're still here and therefore able to DO the thing, while we can run around trying to stop you. Bad thing.

2: You didn't do anything, we leave you here and go home. You finish your nefarious plan and return. Bad thing.

3: You didn't do anything, we take you home with us. We've foiled your plans, whatever they are, and get back. Clearly the best if you didn't do anything.

4: You did do something, we don't make the portal. We end up stuck here. Bad thing.

5: You did do something, we leave alone. You show up with your own portal and shit ensues in the other world when we meet again. You're out of our hair for a while. Good thing.

6: You did do something, we take you home with us. The shit ensues a little sooner than it would have. Can be good OR bad, depending on the results.

And we don't have any way of knowing which you did because you are NOT trustworthy people. So option 'leave alone' can either suck or REALLY suck, option 'go alone' can either be a bad thing or a minor convenience, and option 'take you back' can be good or a minor inconvenience.

Also if you did the thing wouldn't it be easier for you to ask your Ygg to portal you back instead of waiting for us to do the thing, which potentially involves sending you to a different universe altogether? So the very fact that you're here means you probably haven't done everything yet.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Except I think your six options are wrong, allow me:

1 - we didn't do anything yet, you take us all home: Nothing bad, just the return to status quo and you'll have stopped our plan, probably

2 - we didn't do anything yet, you leave without us: You can spend a while savely at home at the cost of this other dimension you're in right now, good but not Good, so you'd probably not want to do it

3 - we didn't do anything yet, you stay and figure out what we're trying to do, before you stop us: Only way to be sure that you actually stopped our plan

4 - we already did what we came to do, you take us all home: Return to status quo, except the other dimension is probably screwed, also, you save us the trouble of finding our way home ourself

5 - we already did what we came to do, you leave without us: You'll have a few save days untill we find a way back as well, also, the other dimension is fucked

6 - we already did what we came to do, you stay and figure out what we did: Only way to help save that other dimension, though you'd need to make sure we don't return home before/without you, because that would mean trouble for you at home

I mean, assuming you don't care for the fate of that other dimension, yeah, there is no reason to try and find out what we were trying to do. But in that case you'd be best of to leave without us, that way you might gain an upper hand against us at home.

Also, for crying out loud, for people claiming to be private detectives, you sure don't seem to care much about finding out what's going on.

But as I said, I'm fine with it, after all, I already have a plan what to do if you send us back.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Admin
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:46 am

Say, do you guys want me to replace the background with a non-gif version of it, until you guys figure out which new one you want?
Back to top Go down
https://nightnightcrew.forumotion.com
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:49 am

Yes please
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 3:22 am

What would be really cool would be if we could have the background based on some of the interesting moments/plot devices from the RP.

Actually, I wouldn't mind making this a topic of discussion: what parts of the RP would be best suited for a picture representation? I can think of a couple of cool Doc moments already, but obviously I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:21 am

Seeing as majority of us probably can't see the whole thing, just make it a solid color...
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:38 am

How much I can see depends on which computer I'm using:
Netbook (Schwarzchen): almost nothing of the background (bits and pieces while things are loading)
Mac Mini (Li'l 'puter)i: because of my large monitor, I can see significant portions on either side of the actual forum stuff.
I use my Schwarzchen alot, so that I can be somewhat sociable (Li'l 'puter is in my room, so I'm alone except for my cats when I use it: not sociable, but better for videos), so the background is a negligible concern most of the time (and the animated eyes somewhat distracting on Li'l 'puter).
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:29 pm

I only see the background before the thread finished loading on my phone.

Also, PI and Death playing battleships was one of the greatest moments for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next