NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

Go down 
+4
IreliVent
Ralte
silckenSoul
Shaula
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
IreliVent

IreliVent

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Shaula If I had a problem with something Mather said or did I would have done something to indicate that was the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Shaula wrote:
The Mather1 wrote:
IreliVent wrote:
Put my times in the thingy, 7-9 GMT is 3-5 EST correct?.
DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 GMT

OK, am I the only one who perceives this way of replying as kinda a dickish way to do it?
I know it is one. But it's also one that let's people know that is a thing Google does.
It's possible to be a dick without being unfriendly.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:54 am

IreliVent wrote:
How are we handling the weight/cost of weapons larger than large and smaller than small? The srd has a detailed table for weird sized armors but nothing for weird sized weapons.

Basically, the info is in the DMG, because Players are not usually expected to be smaller then small or larger then large.

For the damage the DMG has a table where you look at the medium size die, and then change it depending on how many sizes it is bigger or smaller then medium. Page 28.

As for the weight and cost, it isnt directly said but implied that it works like with the armor. So a Tiny weapon costs half as much and weights 1/10th.

EDIT: As for whether or not it's a little dickish, I'd say yes, but (an I do NOT mean that as an insult) Mather always seemed a little dickish but also very helpful to me? As in, they help people but they are kind of dickish while doing it.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:02 am

being helpful doesnt excuse being dickish

you can help people without being a dick

being a dick is still rude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:06 am

It's rude to strangers, but can be part of being friends.

Also it's more dickish to get hung up on someone's way of expressing themselves.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:12 am

Eh, flaws give a person character, Karkat wouldn't be half as adorabloodthirsty if he didn't yell all the time.

Plus, while he is slightly dickish I never felt he was truely mean or insulting.

9 Hours untill the session can start, if you have any important questions left ask them NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:30 am

I've got one question.
Hypothetically, what would happen if one were to fill a Bag of Holding with gunpowder and then use that as a bomb?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:09 am

mather being rude is being rude, it doesnt matter who you do it to, its still rude

and its not dickish to say when something upsets you, its dickish to ignore that person and keep being a dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:54 am

Yes, that is rude if it's got nothing to do with you. I was responding to IreliVent, who I know has thick enough skin not to be bothered by a blunt response, so it's rude for you to start complaining on his behalf.

Now stop complaining. This is irrelevant to the thread, and trying to censor speech only fosters a bad environment. Just be glad I'm holding back the slur slang I'd use among other internet denizens.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:51 pm

"Shaula If I had a problem with something Mather said or did I would have done something to indicate that was the case."

I had no way of knowing whether you would respond or not.

"It's possible to be a dick without being unfriendly."

No it isn't.

"It's rude to strangers, but can be part of being friends.

Also it's more dickish to get hung up on someone's way of expressing themselves."

Not particularly, no.

"Eh, flaws give a person character, Karkat wouldn't be half as adorabloodthirsty if he didn't yell all the time.

Plus, while he is slightly dickish I never felt he was truely mean or insulting."

Karkat's yelling is acceptable since he's FICTIONAL. If he were real I wouldn't much appreciate getting yelled at by him. You can't hold PEOPLE to the same standards as CHARACTERS.

And I assure you Mather HAS been truly mean/insulting before.

"Yes, that is rude if it's got nothing to do with you. I was responding to IreliVent, who I know has thick enough skin not to be bothered by a blunt response, so it's rude for you to start complaining on his behalf.

Now stop complaining. This is irrelevant to the thread, and trying to censor speech only fosters a bad environment. Just be glad I'm holding back the slur slang I'd use among other internet denizens."

Firstly, I asked a fucking question, trying to find out whether my perception of things was correct or not because that sort of thing is FUCKING IMPORTANT. YOU are the one that got all upset that someone dares to question your actions.

Secondly, you have no authority in this thread, so don't fucking order people around. You're not a mod, you're not the OP, you're just another damn player who isn't any more important than anyone else. YOU'RE fostering a bad environment way more than I am, because, if you'll look at the conversation, the VAST majority of the people involved DO agree that you're being a dick.

Thirdly, NO, I'm not going to 'just be glad' because you're not as much of a dick as you COULD be. I won't settle for 'merely a douche who thinks he can do whatever the fuck he wants'. I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with any bullshit you may pull, just because you were kind enough not to throw around slurs.

Fourthly, do you realise how hypocritical you're being at the moment? "Trying to censor speech is bad. Therefore, I'm gonna tell you to shut up because I don't like what you're saying."

And lastly, do you even know what censorship is, or are you just throwing words with negative associations at me and hoping something will stick? CENSORSHIP would be deleting what you said. This is a conversation, in which I inquired about the rudeness level of your post, and there was a discussion on how rude it actually is. Expecting an amount of basic decency isn't censorship, it's a very important part of keeping everything from devolving into the verbal equivalent of monkeys flinging poo.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:54 pm

okie i honestly want to enjoy this dnd game and talking with you math is ruining that, so im not going to converse with you outside of roleplay after this post

i will also say that i agree with shaula here, everything shes saying makes sense and is reasonable
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:47 pm

In regards to Mathers's question about BoH bombs, quoth the srd "If the bag is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever." I think the exploding gunpowder would just be lost forever.

Still not sure whether I want to comment on this ridiculous fiasco of an argument.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Bags of Holding are extra dimmensional storage, what is inside them can't usually affect the bag itself. That's how you can (usually) store a sword without having to worry about ripping the bag. If you did manage to cause an explosion that could penetrate the bag, it would damage the bag and thus make it's extradimmensional storage vanish, causing the explosion to snuf out itself. So basically, it probably won't do anything but waste a lot of gunpowder.

Shaula, Silck, I think this is the second time you are getting upset about how Mather is acting to somebody else even though the other person didn't mind? I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset about how mather acts if it upsets you, but maybe focus on times where he is actually being mean to you?

I mean, Shaula, your initial question was alright. And then Silck starts to complain about being dickish being bad. And then when Mather tells Silck to stop complaining, you, Shaula, get upset about it as if they told YOU to shut up. Why are both of you always getting upset on other peoples behalf?

So, to adress your different pointsin order:

No, you had no way of knowing it, but then again, you had no need of doing anything either way.
Eh, it's kind of tricky, but I've met people who were rude in a funny way, so I'm not 100% sure if I agree with you here.
Whether or not it is MORE dickish, it's at least ALSO kind of dickish, so, you know.
The only acts that are more acceptable from fictional characters then from real people are acts physically impossible for real people. Being rude is eaqually unacceptable for a person whether or not they are fictional. That said, while I certainly wouldn't LOVE Karkats yelling, I also wouldn't mind it, because I know Karkat is a good guy and yelling is just one of his flaws. As for Mather being truely mean/insulting, well, is it bad enough that you don't think you can RP with Mather? Because otherwise, I am not going to stop you from disliking them as much as you want. It'll only be a problem if you can't manage to play together.

Firstly, Mathers comment was towards Silck and not towards your question and it wasn't him but Silck who got upset first.
Secondly, I think he's slightly dickish but not so much that it'd be an issue. So I'd say the ones creating a bad environment are all three of you in equal parts, you should just drop this discussion. Which at least Mather attempted, allthough once again in their signature dickish ways.
Thirdly, I actually know the perfect reaction image for that. But yeah, this is actually a fair point. Mather, saying "I could be worse" is not really something anyone should have to be thankfull for.
Fourthly, not quite the same. Silck is trying to make Mather act different from the way they are, Mather is telling Silck to drop the topic. Bit of a difference there. But I admit it DOES sound odd said like that.
Lastly, yeah, censorship is not what is happening here. However, this is a classic case of two sides getting more and more upset and thus using more and more extreme hyperboles.

So I guess what I am trying to say it to either drop the topic or to at least discuss it somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:40 pm

"And then when Mather tells Silck to stop complaining, you, Shaula, get upset about it as if they told YOU to shut up."

Because I agree with everything Slick said, I know him well enough to tell whether or not he gives a shit, and because it looked very much like it was also aimed at my initial statement from my point of view.

"No, you had no way of knowing it, but then again, you had no need of doing anything either way."

I kinda did, if I want to further my understanding of people at all I can't just sit by without questioning anything.

"Eh, it's kind of tricky, but I've met people who were rude in a funny way, so I'm not 100% sure if I agree with you here."

Were you the one they were being rude to? Was the person they were being rude to OK with it?

"Whether or not it is MORE dickish, it's at least ALSO kind of dickish, so, you know."

So if I decided to express myself by constructing a language made entirely of particularly rude Karkat quotes, and spoke nothing but that, having a problem with that would be considered dickish?

"The only acts that are more acceptable from fictional characters then from real people are acts physically impossible for real people."

You say, on a forum created for and by fans of fictional LITERAL FUCKING MOBSTERS WHO LITERALLY KILL PEOPLE.

Different standards DEFINITELY apply to fictional characters.

"and it wasn't him but Silck who got upset first."

I don't see it. :/

"you should just drop this discussion. Which at least Mather attempted, allthough once again in their signature dickish ways."

You're... defending him for what he said. Really?

"Fourthly, not quite the same. Silck is trying to make Mather act different from the way they are, Mather is telling Silck to drop the topic. Bit of a difference there. But I admit it DOES sound odd said like that."

You seem to think making someone act different from the way they are is always wrong. Is my interpretation correct?

"However, this is a classic case of two sides getting more and more upset and thus using more and more extreme hyperboles."

I see ONE side using them.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Shaula, I had a reply but since you don't seem to drop it, I am dropping it. PM me if you want to read it after all
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:57 am

Sorry I left so suddenly, I, uhm, can't use my laptop right now for safety reasons (typing from phone).
Anyways, thanks for hosting the game OJ, thanks everyone else for being there. Have a good night for those of you who are still awake.
I might have more stuff to say once I've slept and can think straight again. See ya!
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 2:58 am

Well I had fun once I actually got to play, also here's my character sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1105910
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:24 am

Sorry the whole thing took so long, I knew DnD sessions take a while, but I didn't expect it to take THIS long.

Okay, run down of the important parts under the spoilers and a simple question: When do you think you'll have time again?

Events:
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:39 am

sweet, im glad my leaving didnt ruin anyones playing, or at least it didnt make it unplayable

chances are wanderer would have waited for roywyn to leave and follow her, i dont know what hed do once they got to the library though
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

I enjoyed the session.
But the Barkeep thing was an debacle. I really should have concentrated on diplomacy and not on "bad cop".

And where should we meet now? Hmmm....

@Zenith:
We could search for Wanderer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:56 pm

@Rate:Well, sure. I don't see why not. I guess he should also tell Urmelena about the necromancer thing he got from the basically saint paladin? Haha.

Sorry I was a bit spacey yesterday, btw.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:26 pm

@Zenith: Sounds good. Necromancer are often villains... Often. I personally think that I necromancer could also be a good guy.
Otherwise with no other plan we search for Wanderer and ask him what he is searching.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:03 pm

I played a nice Dread Necromancer once.

And the Paladin wasn't a saint, but he DID grow up in a monastery. This is basically his first "adventure"

And one thing, if you want we could RP their conversation a bit more that presumably was what distracted Kallsitos for so long.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:09 am

Ral you don't know if I'm searching for anything, I'm just a random dude you helped get some money back, you have no reason to follow me, definitely not to find out what I'm searching for
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:20 pm

That's true, but seeing as she just helped you, she might want to look for you since you seem like somebody who needs help. That would not be an unlikely course of action for a Paladin.

Plus, while you don't look like a warforged, you do look suspicious in your disguise. Her being curious about you ain't unimaginable either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next