NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling

Go down 
+4
IreliVent
Ralte
silckenSoul
Shaula
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:11 am

BURN THE WITCH OBSOLETE CONVENTION
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 11:55 am

OverlordJ wrote:
It has outlived its purpose

there never was a purpose

it was literally some old dude going HEY LOOK WE CAN MAKE PEOPLE WORK AN EXTRA HOUR!
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Well, kind of, yeah. Because they figured that by changing the time they could get more use out of the natural light, which was a much bigger deal back then then it is nowadays. Nowadays, if it's too dark, we turn on the light, it wasn't that easy back in the days.

Also "Make people work longer" IS a purpose.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 12:55 pm

yeah but not a purpose that actually matters to anyone other than big wigs xD
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Spoiler:
Seems we've got a bit of an issue.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:41 pm

o ddear
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Whatever's under that spoiler ain't loading for me and it'll be over an hour untill I'll be able to use my regular computer.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:58 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Whatever's under that spoiler ain't loading for me and it'll be over an hour untill I'll be able to use my regular computer.

It's a screencap of the roster. There are zero hours in green.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Hmm, apparently Shaula can't at friday at all. And we kind of need her so we can introduce her character...

Not sure what to do, I'll decide what we do when more people wrote their times, but it might very well not work this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:35 pm

That would be sad. I could friday in any case.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry...
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:41 pm

hey thats finewe can always reschedule
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Yeah, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't, that's just life.

Also, everybody, don't forget to write your times HERE

EDIT:

One thing we COULD try, is to play the parts up untill Shaula's character gets introduced tomorrow and then have her character on Saturday from 18 to 21. Mather would miss out on that, which would be unfortunate, but maybe we can figure out a way to make it work like that.

But it might be easier to just try to do it next weekend.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:48 pm

As I said I do have exams so having two sessions is, well, not ideal. But doable if need be. (Let's face it I probably won't get anything done until Sunday evening anyways.)

Next weekend is a no for me cause then I've got a pretty tough subject. Except maybe on Friday.

The week after that (12-13-14 May) would be good though. Or basically any day after that as far as I know.

EDIT: Well I'll be checking in regularly and am most likely available on Steam if you need me.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

im really sorry guys i cant make this evening any more, somethings come up
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:01 am

ok so i... uh. this is hard to say and it feels kinda shitty to pull this sorta thing aGAIN but

i think it might be better if i just. left?

Reasons:
I'm... weird about schedules. its complicated and i'd rather not have to explain but yeah this doesn't mesh well with that
I feel like I'm losing interest rapidly, to be honest
It's all kinda felt forced and/or awkward w/ my character, with either other people telling me what to do with her because I had no idea, or having trouble figuring out how she'd fit in, etc etc
And I haven't played yet, so it wouldn't even change anything in-game, would it?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:54 pm

1) Okay, first of all, no session this weekend, we'll see when we can find the time.

2) Silck, if things come up, things come up. It happens, don't feel bad about it.

3) Shaula, if you are REALLY sure, then yes, you are of course free to leave. I don't think there is anything wrong about your character though, she seemed interessting and the fact that other people told you stuff was mostly because they were either trying to give you advice, since you haven't played DnD 3.5 before (I think?) OR because they are Ralte, who has trouble understanding stuff like that it seems (I hope this doesn't sound rude, it's just an observation). If you play in DnD you always play in a team, so some stuff needs to be decided together so that everything works well.
The only thing I would ask of you is that you at least give it a try, maybe we can find time to play a quick side thing soonish, so that you can at least see how it feels to play, since, as you said, you didn't really get a chance to do so yet.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 2:23 pm

I didn't say others did anything wrong when they were giving me advice
I didn't say there's anything wrong with my character other than the fact that it feels weird to me
Yeah ok I'll try seeing how it feels to play
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:59 pm

yeah i suggest playing a quick game but if you dont feel interested in it then theres no need to push yourself to play
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:04 pm

So, what is the plan then? Some of us could play alone for a while at least. Our group isn't really assembeling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Dude do you not read the log? On literally just said no sessions today
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:23 pm

No session this weekend and we'll have to see if we can do it next weekend (though it seems at least pawn won't have time next weekend, so we might not be able to play then, too)

That said, if eZ has time then I could RP the conversation Kal had while Urmelena and the others had their argument with the barkeeper.

Also, if people are interessted, maybe I can whip up a quick one of, though I don't know if everyone would know enough for that to work. Maybe we could do that next weekend, if we won't be able to play a regular session again.
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:32 pm

In other news I'm strongly considering spending some of Kamryn's starting gold on an Ashworm from Sandstorm to carry all my stuff. Also probably going to hire a third level mercenary for a month.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 am

Well, they cost 200 gp and at level two you start with 900 gp, so that should work fine. An exotic pack saddle costs another 15 gp. Feed costs you 5 cp per day (0.05 gp) and if you want to carry some with you, one day worth weights 10 lb. Which, you know, your worm will need to carry when you want to travel with it trough the desert.
Also keep in mind that you need to "handle" and animal if you want it to do stuff besides being ridden. A general Ashworm is trained for "Riding", so it knows the tricks "Come", "Heel" and "Stay", which works fine for a pack animal. Since Ashworms have an Int score of 1 they can't learn more then 3 tricks, so those three are also all it CAN learn. If you think you have enough time AND are good enough at handling animals, you are welcome to try and teach it three tricks of your choice yourself. You CAN tell your Ashworm to do a trick it knows, or push it to do a trick it doesn't know but could do, even if you have no ranks in Handle Animal, by making a Charisma check. Keep in mind that the DC for that is fairly high (Since the Ashworm is a magical beast, not a regular animal, so the already high DCs get increased by 5), so there is a real chance that your animal won't listen to you in that case.

A domesticated Ashworm has no Stinger and can thus nolonger attack (nor use it's poison, obviously), though they could still grapple if they want to. Since they have a speed of 30 ft, you probably want to keep the weight of the stuff it is carrying in it's light load, to not slow you down. It's light load is 500 lb.

Any questions?

EDIT: Oh yeah, where did you see the mercenaries, do you mean from the Arms and Equipment guide? Because in that case you probably won't have enough money for a level three mercenary for a month.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Mercenary warriors are listed as an exampled of trained hirelings, which cost 3 sp per day. Though it does say "This value represents a minimum wage; many such hirelings require significantly higher pay (see the Dungeon Master’s Guide for more details). "

And yes to confirm; I definitely won't be able to play this weekend.

EDIT: The DMG lists mercenaries (1st level warriors) at 2 sp per day. So they're doing really dangerous stuff with equipment they probably bought themselves and are getting paid less than minimum wage. They really need a union.
Also note that a merc leader (second level warrior) gets paid three times that amount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling   DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

DnD Preparation Thread II: Let's Get Rolling
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next