NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab

Go down 
+6
nonexistentPumpkin
uncertainHavoc
sparkingLife
OverlordJ
Shaula
Sandstriker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 am

((It isn't. You need to obtain power either directly from the Green Sun or from a mixture of Angel and Horrorterror blood. So yeah, not a 'flare from the magicians hat' trick.))
~I know how we can track it.~
~If we take energy from the Green Sun, I can make a compass that will point towards the nearest power boom.~
~All I have to do is hard-wire it to ignore the Green Sun itself, and then It will point towards the nearest First Guardian.~
~Since you lack your powers, you won't cause any interference, and, on the assumption that it isn't to far away, we should be able to get to it.~
~Of course, getting some energy in the first place poses a problem.~
~Either we need someone who can get us to the Green Sun or we need to find a First Guardian that can donate some power.~
~Of course, there is another way.~
*Matchsticks steps away from the pentagram.*
~We could summon a Horrorterror and ask it to tell us where it is.~
*He pauses for a moment.*
~Or maybe we could ask jim, but I'm not sure If he knows either.~
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:44 pm

*jim starts at his name and hides himself even more in the shadows, he really does not want to be seen by the white, strange smelling, man*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm

*Matchsticks sighs*
~Don't worry jim, He's blind.~
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:51 pm

*jim is hiding outside so is completely surprised that matchsticks CAN SEE A HORRORTERROR USING THE SHADOWS TO HIDE THEMSELF*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

*Matchsticks turns directly to jim, having had his back to everyone the whole time.*
~I can't SEE you, I can SENSE you.~
~I've got detection runes all over the place.~
~You're standing on one.~
~Well, you're in the general area of one.~
~Have you ever seen those video games which have a glow around certain things that you can see through walls?~
~There's one around you.~
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:12 pm

*jim also wonders why matchstick can hear his thoughts when THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CANONIACAL EVIDENCE HE CAN DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN FIREPORT*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:18 pm

*Matchsticks smiles*
~Oh, and don't worry, I can't hear your thoughts, It's just its pretty obvious that you would be wondering how I knew you were there.~
~Come on, tell us if you know anything... Please?~
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:24 pm

*jim has no idea what is going on*

*jim is hungry*

*jim leaves to find some pigeons*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 pm

*Matchsticks watches as jim leaves the radius of the detection runes.*
~I should put a pentagram underneath the carpet.~
~Anyway.~
~Horrorterrors.~
~Summoning.~
*Matchsticks goes over to his personal shelf, taking of a Necronomicon. He flips to the page on summoning demons.*
~Ok, so, Ygbloght the Unfathomable, Unetrun the Horrendous, ah!~
~Gyrograllifreyalint the Terminal!~
~He'll do.~
*Matchsticks begins chanting a summoning spell. After about a minute, he finishes. Nothing happens at first. Matchsticks stares at the pentagram.*
~...~
*A giant black eye on a stalk shoves through the pentagram.*
WHO DARES SUMMON GYROGRALLIFREYALINT, 8TH HEAD OF THE PINNACLE?
*Matchsticks waves at the eye.*
~Hello, that would be me, Matchsticks, nice to meet you, hey, do you happen to know where a thing called a Flare is?~
~Contains a bit of Green Sun energy?~
~Doc Scratch over here needs it to restart his powers.~
~Oh yeah, and speak the truth, and nothing but the truth blah blah blah otherwise exorcism.
*They continue to have a staring contest.*
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:13 pm

((Scales, you've been using a lot of powers that were never brought up in canon. I'm not saying you need to get rid of them completely, but everyone else that has powers has specified their abilities and limits in the Chatter Box beforehand, and let everyone know before adding new ones, so if anyone thought it was overpowered they could say it before it was implemented. You should do that too instead of having stuff come out of nowhere any time it's convenient.))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Doc thinks this might be a bad idea.

((also that))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 pm

((O_O))
((Ok.))
((Matchsticks is a librarian, and as not many people visit the library, he has a lot of time to read. He found a couple of books on spell casting, the Pyronomicon for one, that gives him more spells to cast. Matchsticks himself still only has the ability to control fire and fireport, but using the spells in the books he can do more interesting things. And also, what Uber Magic powers? He's only used fireport and fire as a weapon so far. Demon summoning is a thing that pretty much anyone can do, its just that no many people would summon a demon. And he isn't using powers of his own, he's reading an incantation. Also, that random statement of Truth, the Truth, and nothing but the truth isn't very word for word, so it doesn't work. If he was speaking in it some 'Magical ancient language' then sure, it might work, but not now. On the subject of Exorcisms, they're just incantations too. Call the character uber all you want, but even if he was using these spells, he's kind of rellying on books. And not many books are ... un flammable. If you want to remove the character powers altogether, just burn down the library.))
((Seriously, no reason to get too angry.))
((Please don't Caps at me.))
((see what I did there? Caps? Shout? Gedit? : ( ))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:31 pm

((sorry about that i didn't think and we changed it to a more appropriate post

sorry again))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 pm

((Basically, we just want a list of the things Matchsticks can do, and to run any new powers by us in Chatterbox before using them in the RP. Right now it feels too much like New Powers As Convenience Demands, which is kind of unsatisfying to play with. Problem comes up? Matchsticks solves it with a new power. Kinda lame, right?

Luckily, you haven't done anything particularly OP with it lately, so props on that. It's just a style thing.))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Gluttony is dragged out by his soul bond to Jim.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 am

((Ok, list of things Matchsticks is...
Limited with: Fireports and Pyrotechnesis is the only powers he can use by will, everything else is a spell or incantation from a book. Any extremely powerful spells are effected by the Equiv Exchange factor.
Capable of: Setting up various rituals (Also effected by Equiv Exchange) Fireporting and Pyrotechnesis, Regeneration (See Timelords).
Incapable of: Casting anything associated with Ice, consecutive casting, First Guardian and above powers*.
Immune too: Fire.
Weak too: Cold things.

Agile, not very strong.
*See Limited by ending
Is this good?))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm

((Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this about time lords?

And any spells you've ALREADY SET we should know about?))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 am

((There was a joke that since Matchsticks = 11 and the current Doctor = 11 that Doctor Who references or something. IDK.

And "various rituals" is kinda vague, do you mind elaborating?))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:57 am

(( Fire Minions, Flaming Angel spell (Flying), Has a book on Satanic things (Demon Summoning, Exorcisms), Candle can morph into a sword handle, then create a blade of fire, recently mentioned God Power ritual Present for Nepeta (see last page, I think. Probably going to go wrong. Yeah.) Flaming Rain spell, Fire Wall spell, Buffing, Scientist.

Seem good?))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 pm

((Yeah, but is that 'joke' actually going to be a thing in the RP?

And... Nep left... you know that, right? Other than that, Scientist is a ritual/spell(not sure which one you're answering)? Huh. And how MANY fire minions are available to him at one time, and how strong are they? Wouldn't want to have 200 OP enemies suddenly running around. Everything else... I think it seems alright.))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 pm

(("Fire minions" sounds like demons. That means the more powerful they are, the harder they are to deal with. And the little ones are tricky bastards as well.))
((Or they're made out of fire and a little water can do serious damage.))
((Either way, a ritual will be needed, which takes a lot of time and the minions might "despawn" after a while.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:22 pm

((i think we should remove the time lord thing because you are a leprachaun not a time lord, and yeah explain the scientist thing the god power i can accept you doing because you do not know ic that she has left so carry on with that but have it fail horribly or something we do not want anyone else getting that power, i might even bring in ygg to stop the ritual or something if it keeps on

also i would like to know limits on concentration and stuff, like do you need to read from the book everytime you do it or can you just shout out 'make me some fire minions' and do you need to collect any materials for the spells or stuff like that?

and does it take energy like our shadow magic does? do you have a limited source of mana that you need to replenish or can you just use spells indefinitably?))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 pm

((I'd suggest magic works like it does in Jailbreak))

((At least as long as it's spell based, not shadow based))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 pm

((*begins handing out official Never Read Jailbreak Club t-shirts*))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 pm

((If I remember correctly, you need to read a spell out loud and it will summon either elves or a pony.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next