NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab

Go down 
+6
nonexistentPumpkin
uncertainHavoc
sparkingLife
OverlordJ
Shaula
Sandstriker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
royalPawn

royalPawn

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

((Actually he died because he exploded, not the other way around.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 pm

((yeah that too))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 pm

((shadow magic is death magic. If your dying you are an article of death so you produce energy for yourself as well as conduct energy towards you. The death magic didn't exploded from everyone because everyone is close to death, meaning the magic can jump to a new host. Whether or not the host realises this is kind of up to them. Seem about right?))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:42 pm

ConflictedScales wrote:
((shadow magic is death magic. If your dying you are an article of death so you produce energy for yourself as well as conduct energy towards you. The death magic didn't exploded from everyone because everyone is close to death, meaning the magic can jump to a new host. Whether or not the host realises this is kind of up to them. Seem about right?))
((...what?))

((1) Shadow Magic is not Death Magic, the Shadow Magic we use here is granted to the user by a pact with a Horrorterror (which technically makes all members of the nightnight crew warlocks)))

((2) There has never been anything with jumping to a new host, what are you talking about?))

((3) Even if we ignore the fact that in our RP, shadow magic has a special meaning, even classic shadow magic isn't death magic, death magic is Necromancy while shadow magic is Nethermancy))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:44 pm

((what oj said))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 pm

ConflictedScales wrote:
death magic
(( Death doesn't have magic mspa ))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
ConflictedScales wrote:
death magic
(( Death doesn't have magic mspa))
((Death has the magic power to make awesome tea.))

((And yeah, Scales, we TRY not to change around what happened in the PAST, IIRC we've done it... once, if Havoc's thing counts, (does it count? Nobody ever really responded, so I dunno if we're ignoring it or accepting it...) otherwise never, and we're doing a thing right now that requires that Shadow Magic = Horrorterror magic, so we can't exactly retcon that into being just so a cool death thing you made up can become plausible.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 am

((...))
((...))
((Why is everyone anti head canon.))
((I just want to have opinions that apply to the things I do.))
((Is that really to much to ask?))

((Wait, who am I kidding, I know exactly where this is going to go if I post that.))
What the reaction will be:
((I'll try a more civilized approach.))
((Can we just go along with my head cannon please?))
((Tell me how I should change it to make it not piss you all off.))
((If that so happens to be 'It to not exist' I am sorry but I am literally writing a Fantasy book with this principle in it.))
((I am quite fond of it and how it caused the general area of where Antarctica would be on the made-up planet be dominated by an unending storm.))
((Please respect my views))
Back to top Go down
quantumToolbox

quantumToolbox

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 am

(Honestly if the range of this "death inferno" is less than 4 meters or so, I see no problem with it. But thats my opinion.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:09 am

((*Tackle hugs Quantum for not bluntly refusing everything*))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 am

((i guess it acceptable but seriously we are not telling you to not have your headcanon we are saying your headcanon has no place here, i mean even im writing a fantasy book under the headcanon that all fiction exists in parallel universes and there is a group of beings created of literal sentient elements that guard theb universes from the onslaught of the prodigal element chaos but you dont see me bringing in immortal shape changing gods among men to wipe this entire place off the face of the universe as collateral damage during their never ending war

shadow magic is not death magic here it is ink or horrorterror magic, magic does not jump from host to host here because that is not how magic works here

im not against the magic explosion thing in general but here the magic you have been using, ie what im assuming is jailbreak logic, needs to be read, which you cant do when you are ash, nor can you do if you are dying because that tends to make it difficult to read out magic spells

what your magic does in your fantasy book is your perogative but you need to stick to the constraints of this universe

sorry if its a bit rude but im trying to be civilised here too))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:36 am

((Ok then.))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm

((What if Matchsticks PREVIOUSLY cast a spell that only takes effect when he dies? Then the rules of NN won't have to be changed, but you can still get your epic death scene thing.))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Shaula wrote:
((What if Matchsticks PREVIOUSLY cast a spell that only takes effect when he dies? Then the rules of NN won't have to be changed, but you can still get your epic death scene thing.))
((That makes sense.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 pm

((oh yeah never thought of it that way i guess thats ok))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:40 pm

((A spell that gets triggered by his death is indeed something I am completly in favour of))

((Spells like that aren't too uncommon in fiction, I see no reason why we shouldn't have something like that))

((Also, Scales, headcanons that don't affect others are fine but as soon as you affect others we obviously have to discuss it. Noone here has a problem with you having headcanons but the thing is, we already have some established rules and we'd need to change and retcon a lot of stuff for some of your headcanons.))

((tl;dr: Shadow Magic isn't Death Magic, Magic doesn't switch hosts and it is fine if you want to explode upon death))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:45 pm

((Ok! Yay!))
((And now, we return to the Regular RPing.))
*After a long, boring staring contest, Matchsticks blinks.*
MWAHAHAHA! YOU BLINKED! I MAY LEAVE!
~What?~
~No you can't.~
~You lost.~
WHAT?!?!?
~Wait, did you think we where having a staring contest?~
~Pfffffff.~
~Silly Horrorterror.~
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MORTAL
~We were having a 'try not to stare' contest!~
NOW HOW DOES THAT WORK.
~Well, you try not to stare at the other persons complete and utter amazingness of course!~
~First person to stare loses.~
WHAT?
YOU CHEATED!

~How?~
WELL...
~Yeah, no.~
~Now tell me where the flare is.~
FINE.
THERE IS A TEMPLE SOMEWHERE IN THE MOUNTAINS OUTSIDE OF YOUR PETTY CITY.
AT THE FINAL PART OF ITS PERILOUS TUNNELS IS THE FLARE.
NOW SET ME FREE.

~Ok.~
*Matchsticks flicks some pages, says a monotone incantation, and The Horrorterror leaves.*
~Welp, that worked.~
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:39 am

Doc can't help but think that Purple Capslock Voice ((or is it blue? colorblindness FTL)) can't possibly be that stupid, but whatever.

So all he has to do is navigate his way out of the city, into the mountains, and through ((the Water Temple)) some temple in said mountains, while blind, and he can get his powers back?

So who's with him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 am

~Well, me of course.~
~11'll be happy to play the Gu11de Dog.~

Last edited by ConflictedScales on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:13 pm

((Is anyone else even here? I forget.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm

((nope it was just me and gluttony and i left taking him with me))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:25 am

((Okay, glad to clear that up.))

relevant picture:

Doc's not entirely sure that their combined forces, which is mostly just 11's forces, are going to be enough to take on this temple alone. Perhaps you and he should check for other allies first? He wonders if maybe he has a favor or two he could call in.

Also, if there's a broom or something that would work similarly, Doc would prefer it in case of combat. He thinks he misplaced his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 pm

~Got 11t.~
*Matchsticks walks over to the, you guessed it, broom cupboard and get out, you guessed it again, a broom. He promptly decides that the broom can double as a lantern, and flips to a insription page in the Pyronomicon. After a bit of drawing with his candle and a quick incantation, the broom's brush glows a steady orange light. Matchsticks gives the broom to Doc.*
~There.~
~Where to?~
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 pm

((So your quirk is replacing I with 11? A bit odd, I think replacing both I and L would be a better idea.))
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Doc beckons Matchsticks to follow him. Maybe there's someone in the center of town? That seems to be a popular hangout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matchsticks Library and Science Lab   Matchsticks Library and Science Lab - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matchsticks Library and Science Lab
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next