NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Duel Thread

Go down 
+7
silckenSoul
nonexistentPumpkin
Shaula
royalPawn
Sandstriker
sparkingLife
uncertainHavoc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm

((And in case it wasn't clear for the Mage, he has sped an inmesurable time in the Furthest Ring with noone else but some Carapacians and the HT))

((He tryed killing himself before))

((He stopped because it doesn't really work and even if it did, he'd just end up in the dreambubbles, which wouldn't be too much better))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
uncertainHavoc wrote:
((Wait, so it just doesn't care about committing suicide? I don't think that's possible >.<))
(( It is. Would a leech care about committing suicide? Would a mantis? Seeing as he IS a mix of both, I would say he could just not give a damn.))
((It's not really a choice. It's not like I'm suggesting the thought or influencing you slightly. I am LITERALLY FORCING you to WANT TO commit suicide. It's not a thought. It's an urge; a desire. I'm making you want it with all of your being. Reason does not control emotions and feelings. It is literally impossible to control your feelings. You can't just say, "Meh, I don't want to because of [Insert reason here]"

That isn't how the mind works AT ALL. For ANYONE. I could understand you resisting the feeling, but simply reasoning with your emotions is an impossibility. It's just. Not. Possible.))
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:38 pm

(( For being a muse, your being quite active there. Just saying.))
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
(( For being a muse, your being quite active there. Just saying.))
((To others, not myself. Read about passive/active HS abilities on the Wiki. I originally thought that as well.))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:45 pm

(( But surely the muse couldn't do that. It just seems unreasonable for being the most passive class. Also if you were God Tier I don't believe that would be considered Heroic or Just, so they would just come back. Though if the muse was killed after she did that, she would probably die justly for trying to get people to kill themselves. Also, out of curiosity, who was her second player that became a lord? ))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
(( But surely the muse couldn't do that. It just seems unreasonable for being the most passive class. Also if you were God Tier I don't believe that would be considered Heroic or Just, so they would just come back. Though if the muse was killed after she did that, she would probably die justly for trying to get people to kill themselves. Also, out of curiosity, who was her second player that became a lord? ))
((I never expected the Mage to stay dead. Besides, he said so himself that he tried to kill himself. And essentially, her other personality is the Lord. So I guess that makes it not passive at all, because she IS in Lord mode atm. It's kind of confusing, but essentially, my character is like a Cherub, except they aren't EXACTLY different people. They share memories and thoughts. It's only their emotions, logic, and reasoning that are different. Also, in relation to the Muse, which is passive, to be passive means to do nothing for yourself, but for others. The Muse cannot use her powers on herself in any way. She can't make herself feel happy or sad or anything of the sort. She can ONLY effect the emotions of others.))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:53 pm

(( I read the passive and active thing. Passive = Defensive/support.   Active = Offensive/more selfish things. I don't believe making someone want to kill themselves is a very defensive or supportive thing. Also, from what you are saying I can gather that she is both classes, even though lords are a male exclusive class.))
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:03 pm

The Page wanders off, away from the Muse and the rest of the group. He just wants to be alone now. Who knows if he will be seen again.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
(( I read the passive and active thing. Passive = Defensive/support.   Active = Offensive/more selfish things. I don't believe making someone want to kill themselves is a very defensive or supportive thing. Also, from what you are saying I can gather that she is both classes, even though lords are a male exclusive class.))
((Well, her other side IS a male, in his own right. Female body, male mind. That kinda thing. And I guess I can see it as defensive supportive? She's not the Muse at the moment anyways, so it's not like it actually matters, but I'm genuinely curious for the sake of Calliope))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm

(( Female body, male mind? That... Doesn't quite seem like enough to get it's own class that is male exclusive. Though if you are going to use Caliborn and calliope for an argument against that, I would like to give my head canon that the cherub body changes depending on who is in control at the time.))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Sandstriker wrote:
(( Female body, male mind? That... Doesn't quite seem like enough to get it's own class that is male exclusive. Though if you are going to use Caliborn and calliope for an argument against that, I would like to give my head canon that the cherub body changes depending on who is in control at the time.))
((Ugh. Well that's YOUR headcanon, not mine. This is a furreaking OC fur gogs sake! I do what I want! :kindofmspa:
But yeah, I guess I agree on the whole defense thing with Calliope. I wonder how we're supposed to do her powers...))
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:23 pm

(( She just wrote self insert fanfics that made things happen (or possibly saw things that haven't happened), and then inspired people by her death. The most literal passive class there is.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:44 pm

((I don't want to think passive means exclusively defensive/support abilities. In a game of survival where your hardest time, the early game, is spent alone, it...Just wouldn't be viable.And pretty boring to play. I like the for others/ for yourselves combo better...it makes more sense to my eyes.))

(*the Duke vaguely salutes the creature, before asking*)
-So this...game,if we play it, wouldn't cause definitive death...To both sides, correct? Also, we only lose our Godtier powers, temporarly, but we keep our gear and any sort of capacity that are natural, right?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm

((In Sburb, you don't ONLY rely on your powers. Even a passive player can just take a weapon and start attacking imps, their powers just won't be very helpful. Hell, in canon, in the early game we didn't even know John HAD windy powers, he got through it fine.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:34 pm

((Yeah but still, it would make it unbalanced between those who have aaaaaaaall the offence and those that get..."Oh look I'm useless alone. Whee." And since Sburb is by defintion a game, it has to be balanced, or so I think.))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 pm

((Normal games also have some classes designed to support the team instead of fighting alone.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 pm

the spark notices the muse is moving towards him and flings up a portal throwing her to the other side of the realm

he continues smashing the islands until he wears out his anger and he drops to the nearest still floating rock and collapses to his knees and holds his head in his hands
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 pm

The Bard has made a fort of jetpacks that will hopefully protect him from the crazy Muse and ragey Spark somehow.  He sends one jetpack out of the fort in the direction of the weird shapeshifting thing on the opowhatever, the screen on the back reading "I want to play this game, but maybe we should wait until things calm down some?"
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:21 pm

The Muse yells so loud it can be faintly heard to the others in the group. It sounds kind of like some strange obsceinity.

The Muse glows bright red, and forces the Knight of Space to teleport to her. She snatches him by the shirt, and forces him to teleport her to the Spark

The Muse clasps the Spark by the jaw and swings him towards a nearby rock

The Muse then glows a sickly red green glow, and starts chanting

((Essentially, this color only happens when she is trying to drive someone into a ball of terror. Essentially, she is completely rearranging the emotions of the Spark. This isn't suicide. This is psychological terror coming from inside. There is no way of resistance, and you will most likely become a vegetable if nothing stops me. WHAT WILL YOU DO??))

((FYI you're still flying towards the rock. I have also essentially blocked your will to teleport me away, so you should probably try something different. Know that it will be hard for you to think, so don't think of something too crazy complex))

((Also, I discussed with quantum, and he agrees that I can make him teleport me~))

((HOWS THAT FUR EXPLANATIONS????))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm

the spark shuts down completely and the man in the trench coat appears behind the muse grabbing her by the waist

he holds a knife to her throat and whispers in her ear

'let us see how you mess with the emotions of someone who has none'

'make one single attempt to mess with anyone's minds and i will slit your throat'
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:54 pm

silckenSoul wrote:
the spark shuts down completely and the man in the trench coat appears behind the muse grabbing her by the waist

he holds a knife to her throat and whispers in her ear

'let us see how you mess with the emotions of someone who has none'

'make one single attempt to mess with anyone's minds and i will slit your throat'
((HAX! I CALL HAX! SO MUCH HAX! SPARKS ARE PASSIVE! THIS IS HAX! Okay I don't actually care, but still))

The Muse stops glowing and turns her head

"Excuse me, but who the hell are you and why should I care if you slit my throat in a fight that is not justifiable for me to die?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:03 pm

(( the mantis-leech is not only a design that can get away with just not giving a shit about suicide, but also one that he has managed to root all irrational impulses out of. Which is why it is immune))

The mantis-leech looked between the Duke and the Mage, and also the message of the Bard, before remarking;

Yes yes, entirely right on all accounts! But before we discuss this further, shall we enter my sitting room? It should be calmer there.

It then raised and opened an appendage, releasing a small, five-winged echinoderm which proceeded to relate the message to the Bard.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:05 pm

((he did not use spark powers))

'because in your current mind you would use your powers to harm my earlier self'

'which would stop me from existing'

'and i quite like existing'

'plus the whole stopping you from killing thing makes it just'
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:12 pm

(( Also the fact that she tried to get people to kill themselves would make it just. Throwing that out there.))
Back to top Go down
nonexistentPumpkin

nonexistentPumpkin

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm

The Bard receives the message, briefly wondering why anything would have an odd number of wings before taking out a roll of duct tape and taping all of the jetpacks the fort is built out of together, then activating the bottom jetpacks, holding onto the straps of some higher ones. The jetpack fort flies to the vicinity of the mantisleech, and somehow manages to land safely. Motherfucking Miracles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Duel Thread   OOC Duel Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Duel Thread
Page 23 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next