NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+10
Sandstriker
TheGreatMindfang
tekkenfreak4
royalPawn
uncertainHavoc
Shaula
silckenSoul
quantumToolbox
sparkingLife
OverlordJ
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:35 pm

royalPawn wrote:
*COUGH*NIGHTFALL*COUGH*
*COUGH*I'mnotsureifI'dcountNightfallandBetheSeadwellerLowbloodasactualfanadventuresoriftheywouldn'tbetterfitthecategoryofeitheranAUinthecaseofBtSDLoranfancontinuationinthecaseofNightfall,whichofcoursealsohascertainAUelements*COUGH, COUGH*

*COUGH*Also,don'tfanadventuresnormallytakecommands?BecauseNightfalldoesn'tandIdon'tknowifBtSDLeverdid*COUGH*
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 pm

*COUGH*Wouldn'tthedefinitionofafantventuresimplybeanadventuremadebyafan?*COUGH*
*COUGH*IfyouthinkthatisabittoogeneralwellthenIwouldsaysomethingbeinganAUdefinitelydoesn'texcludeitbeingafanventure;IthinkAUsaremoreofasubcategoryreally.*COUGH*
*COUGH*ForthatmatterIthinkafanventureisactuallyasubcategoryofafanficonlyusedbytheHomestuckfandom(asfarasIknow).*COUGH*
*COUGH*Lastly,Homestuckdoesnttakecommandssoitwouldbesillytousethatparticularpointaspartofthedefinition.*COUGH*
*COUGH*AndyesBtSSLdidtakecommands.*COUGH*

Holy fuck my throat hurts
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 pm

... COMBO BREAKER

Doesn't Neon classify Nightfall as a fanCOMIC, or is my memory just shit?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes, fancomic seems like a good classification.

And I admit, I don't think there are any obvious rules on what is and what isn't a fanadventure.

I just feel that something with a prewritten plot and canon characters feels kind of not like a fanadventure to me...
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Okay so here's what I think:

Fanfic: A work of fiction made by a fan.

Fancomic: A (usually web)comic made by a fan.

Fanventure: A text-and/or-art based adventure made by a member of the Homestuck fandom with some resemblance in execution to the original, by the use of (pretend?) commands, one-panel pages, references to running gags and the like, but mostly defined by the fact that the author decides it is one. All adventures on the MSPAforums and the mirroring site are (in my opninion) fanventures due to the link with Homestuck created by it being on the forums/site. Adventures hosted elsewhere, like on Tumblr, are usually more clearly linked in content.

or

A text and/or art based adventure linked to Homestuck by using characters and/or mechanics from the original, and/or use the commands system.

...Okay it's hard to define. :I
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 am

OverlordJ wrote:
((1) I suggest we continue this discussion in the chat thread, it's kind of what that thread is supposed to be for, isn't it?))
Okay, lets try to figure this mess out.

Right now, I think it might be the easiest thing to just retcon most of Scales headcanon. I know that might sound cruel but that would lead to the least odd things in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 am

yeah i agree sorry scales but here we can discuss what you can keep and what needs to go

as for your fifth point i guess thats right but i always thought pi would be the sort of character to open something like that to help out other people, pi would be to hard boiled for something so mundane and ad doesnt have the patience
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 am

I assume you mean PS would be too hard boiled but yeah, I guess PI is indeed the kind of guy who'd do it to help others.

PI is usually pretty calm, nice and helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:19 am

((Ok.))
((So.))
((Yes I realise that it was my own fault, but that doesn't really help that much. If Matchsticks as the character I was RPing as no longer exists, we need a segway.))
((We can't just cease the character. We need to do something to pass the character on to the one that everyone's ok with. Like what Havoc did, except more dire and hastened.))
((I'm thinking continue the demented storyline that I was doing to the point where they find the flare, then we figure out what to do.))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 am

You don't need (()) here, everything is OOC here.

That said, yes, the story line needs to continue. This whole flare thing has been going for a while and it would be a bit too much to retcon it.

However, we can retcon the phonecall to Death you made, which removes some of the problems.

Also, I don't see how any of the timelord/Cronus/Session/Whatnot stuff is tied to the Flare to be honest.

Right now what happened in canon is:

Matchsticks opened an Library and a Lab.
Matchsticks found a powerful magic book at some point.
Matchsticks has been shown to know a bit of magic, which he used to do stuff like regrow SSs arm.
Matchsticks has talked to a demon in order to find the flare.

Did I miss anything important?
Because I think none of that is THAT odd and can all be explained without Any of the Cronus stuff
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:48 am

/me makes his glorious return to the Chatterbox thread

The Nightnight Crew is totally down with that girl, jusssayin. (Well, inasmuch as I count as NNC.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:07 am

Ok. That will work.
But still, what about the Matchsticks persona? I'm pretty sure the fact that he is not quite a leprechaun anymore still stands (see 13th page I think of Nightfelt thread.) What to do about that?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 am

i havent read that but im pretty sure it easy to ignore one page of an rp this big

if anything you can just say you feel different to other leprechauns as opposed to actually being different, in all honesty we have retconed bigger things than that

also i do not see how the hell this story line will get you into the matchsticks we think is better

i mean it would make more sense having your library burn down and making you reassess your situation and thus make a fire station, and that also solves the problem of not being able to rp matchsticks because you can have a bunch of useless dersites and prospitian fire fighters

and welcome back life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 am

The statements kind of fucking humongous. No i'm not exagerating, it takes up half the page. But we can probably skip it.

Yeah, maybe that will work. Maybe

by activating the chamaeleon circuit

Good idea, but how will it get burned down?

Sup life.

Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 am

slick b can burn it down when ygg tells him youre summoning horrorterrors to find a horrorterror destroying magic weapon

and no you dont need to find the chameleon circuit that has no place in this just retcon him into a normal leprechaun youre the only person affected by that because we all thought he WAS a normal leprechaun and have been rping believing that that how it was
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:17 am

Okay, so I went and read the page Scales was talking about. Apparently the member of the Nightfelt were aware of it. And while I admit that retconning that entire conversation might be a bit much, so far nothing has come from it, so it's still the best to just retcon it I think.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Was Sand still Nightfelt back then? Because most of the others have quit.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 pm

The conversation was between August the 27th and 30th

I'm pretty sure Raf quit the Nightfelt before that as yes, pretty much all others left since then.

Except for Life. He knew. And he's still here.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 pm

well in all honesty hes completely forgotten ic so i dont think anyone is affected by it ic except for scales
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:20 pm

True but I am a bit upset. Apparently Matchsticks not being a normal Leprechaun was indeed something that was widely known among the people RPing as the Nightfelt and noone bothered to tell us.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:28 pm

yeah i didnt think of that thats not very nice of them
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Well, that was during the time when everyone reading everyone else's thread was not yet a thing that was okay, so it makes sense that they didn't mention it, and I suppose they just forgot once that changed.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Except I feel as if they should have told us ESPECIALLY since reading their thread wasn't okay for other people. I mean, sure, keeping plans secret is logical but neither of us ever kept any of our powers secret or any of the other canon stuff, BECAUSE they were not allowed to read our threads.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hm. Good point, but most of them didn't spend much time in the chatterbox, they might not have noticed that things like that are discussed. IIRC, that was also the 'chaos and weirdness' era of the forum, so... not something i approve of, but something that kinda makes sense.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Hmm, fair enough I guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, Discussion Thread, and Measuring Contest Between Shaula and Pawn 4 (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next