NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IreliVent

IreliVent

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:24 pm

That would probably cost somewhere around 1000gp (continuous prestidigitation effect). However you could just cast prestidigitation on it yourself regularly at the low cost of a 0th level spell slot.

I'm just going to take average gold this time.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:47 pm

IreliVent wrote:
That would probably cost somewhere around 1000gp (continuous prestidigitation effect). However you could just cast prestidigitation on it yourself regularly at the low cost of a 0th level spell slot.

I'm just going to take average gold this time.

Alright, self-casting sounds good.
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 5:30 pm

My character sheet is close enough to being done so I'm going to post it, I think I have like five more skill points and I might change my invocation or buy more starting gear.

Character sheet link:
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Okay. Please don't forget to put your armor check penalty under the misc for the skills affected by it. Also, Wood Armor? Seems like a bit of an odd choice, Studded Leather costs only 10gp more and has only an Armor Check Penalty of -1 instead of -3 but hey, it's up to you. I suppose it's harder to sunder Wood then it is to sunder Leather, except that sundering armor while it's being worn is impossible, so I don't think it'll come up that often.

EDIT: Oh, and just to be clear, you need to say if you are using Mortalbane BEFORE you know if the attack hits or misses and if it misses it still counts as a use, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Wood armor weighs less. This is important when you have strength 8.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Ah, I see, well, fair enough. I guess 10 pounds does make a difference when you only have 8 STR
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:42 am

Hello... I was told we talk about a place we can do our session now?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Yes, read some of the previous pages to find the link and test it out a bit.
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 8:30 pm

OJ if you want to test out combat in roll20 I still have the finished character sheet from the first character I made.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:22 pm

I can't right now but I'll be on it sometimes during the coming week, so we can test it sometime later.

Also, I want as many players as possible to find a date and time at which they all have time. Possibly this weekend. It won't be our real first session, but it is supposed to be a get together of all players, so that you can plan for your characters TOGETHER. Some ideas how your characters could meet, or if they might alreadfy know eachother (at least some of them), why they might be willing to work together, stuff like that. I'll be there for it, to give informations about the world, so you can use some of that, too. But I want you to come up with some ideas of your own that are better then "Hey, we are all in the same room at this moment, lets go travel together and trust eachother with our lives"
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:43 pm

me and bb have already made plans as to why id want to follow her, otherwise i really doubt my character would willingly go with a bunch of fleshies, it doesnt fit his behaviour

im good anytime friday and saturday, possible after 5 gmt but that is likely to change
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't have any plans that I'm aware of, so I'm available for most, if not all, of the weekend, if rather late because time zones.

Unless homework becomes a thing.
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 11:02 pm

I should be available around 3:30 pm to 10:00 pm EST on weekdays and like 10:00 am to 11:00 pm on weekends. I think I have to do something for a few hours on Monday or Tuesday but other than that I have no plans.

Baron Lillywhite, I feel like making a character who actively doesn't want to hang out with the other characters is kind of against the spirit of the game =P

Edit: It autocorrects s i l k to Baron Lillywhite when you post...
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:06 am

Yeah, we know.

Also, there's always good ol' prejudice. it's not really "against the spirit of the game" if it adds to the character and gives opportunities for development imo.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 am

Yeh my guy isn't against teams, he's just distrustful to most fleshies because of MASSIVE RACISM in his past from practically all beings of flesh

Eventually when they gain his trust wanderer will totes fight the the death to protect them

Also I should clarify that the 5pm GMT is for Sunday, I forgot to mention that. And I'm free every weekend after like six o'clock gmt, I can specify later which days I can start earlier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 am

OverlordJ wrote:

Also, I want as many players as possible to find a date and time at which they all have time. Possibly this weekend. It won't be our real first session, but it is supposed to be a get together of all players, so that you can plan for your characters TOGETHER. Some ideas how your characters could meet, or if they might alreadfy know eachother (at least some of them), why they might be willing to work together, stuff like that. I'll be there for it, to give informations about the world, so you can use some of that, too. But I want you to come up with some ideas of your own that are better then "Hey, we are all in the same room at this moment, lets go travel together and trust eachother with our lives"
No longer this weekend for some of us.
But I'm up for any time past 5 PM GMT except Tuesdays.

Best formula for a party that I've found is shit goes down and you figure you'll stick together because you didn't die when making your way out of the shit together, and not dying is a good thing.

Though if we really want a common goal or anything, I propose an aim to rid the place of organized inhumane shit. Like in particular my character wants to see every slaver's skull on a spike.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 5:41 am

Hello?
Overlord, your message box on the MSPA Forums is to full again.
I wanted to send you a message but it didn't work.
Please delete some of your older messages if possible.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:41 am

Ralte u can send a message here, ojs inbox is p much empty here

And wanderer would not go in for the whole 'yay let's go team up and do shit' because, for the most part, he DOES NOT TRUST beings of the flesh, it'd take more then one shared "shit goes down" happening to change that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:54 am

Well I'm not 100% of the flesh. I'm part air elemental.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:28 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
But I want you to come up with some ideas of your own that are better then "Hey, we are all in the same room at this moment, lets go travel together and trust eachother with our lives"

Mine would honestly be kinda close. It's 'hey, we're all in the same general area, let's go travel together, I'll figure out if I trust you later'.

The Mather1 wrote:
Though if we really want a common goal or anything, I propose an aim to rid the place of organized inhumane shit. Like in particular my character wants to see every slaver's skull on a spike.

Mine would not aim to rid the place of organized inhumane shit unless the inhumane shit was specifically targeting her. So, that won't work well.

silckenSoul wrote:
me and bb have already made plans as to why id want to follow her, otherwise i really doubt my character would willingly go with a bunch of fleshies, it doesnt fit his behaviour

He goes with her, SHE gets a reason to go with the rest of us. Seems to work.

Also, yeah, I'm free on weekends too.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:43 pm

I'm free from roughly 8pm GMT on weekdays (somewhat variable). Saturday should be free entirely (my uni is doing 'open campus days' and I'm not entirely sure if I'm supposed to be there, but I don't think so) and Sunday I'm free up to about 2pm, or starting 9pm or later. (But if we really can't avoid doing it between those times I can probably arrange something.) I don't have school on Monday next week so then would be great for me, but I assume that won't work for everyone.

As for the party, my character is looking for adventurers so he's fine with whatever really.
Except for sorcerers, he doesn't like them very much. But since it seems sparkingLife won't be participating and IreLivent switched to Warlock I guess that's not a problem anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:53 pm

royalPawn wrote:
I don't have school on Monday next week so then would be great for me, but I assume that won't work for everyone.

I can confirm that it won't.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Maybe we should use one of those thingies where everyone puts in their hours and it gives a handy table listing when everyone's available.

(By the way Shaula you should probably post something at the pet store)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:02 pm

YAY A SPREADSHEET

BB SHAU WE ARE IN OUR ELEMENT xD
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:05 pm

I have time at the weekend.
From 15.00 onwards would work for me I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next