NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:04 pm

no its fine now, just next time try and fill out the entire timetable with times you can make and itll be fine

also YAY LESS THEN 1 HOUR TO GO GUYS U READY TO DO THIS THING!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: NEARLY TIME GUYS LETS DO THIS THING

EDIT: pawn if u reading this can u hope into the game? we are all waiting on you
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 pm

So since not everything has been worked out during our meetup, should we schedule another one or can we do it here?

(Or maybe you've already discussed it somewhere else idk)
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 pm

We schedule another.
If OverlordJ has time.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm

i dont really need to show up, my reasons for teaming up are clear, someone can message me on skype if im needed
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Before we plan the next meeting, I want everyone to post the following things in this thread:

Why does your character want to go on adventures?

Why does your character work with this group?

Why is your character in this city at the moment?

What do you think still need to be decided before the first session starts?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:39 pm

OJ wrote:

Because it sounds like the sort of thing she'd enjoy.

OJ wrote:

common goals with some of them (said common goals being YES LET US ADVENTURE I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THIS ADVENTURE THING which I'm like 99% sure someone else has)

OJ wrote:

Because travelling is a good way to discover neat places and things.

OJ wrote:

I... can't think of anything left to decide.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 pm

OJ wrote:

Because he is trying to find his creator's family crypt

OJ wrote:

hopefully by the time we all group up he will have assigned himself to follow and aid bb's character with the proviso that they eventually end up at the crypt

OJ wrote:

trying to get into the library to find out where the crypt is

OJ wrote:

where the crypt is mspa

but srs i dont think i need to figure out anything more, dont know about anyone else tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Adventuring because researching guns and explosives is best done in the field, and I want to kill slavers.

Hooking up with the group because survival rates increase the more allies you have, they can probably help kill slavers and I want to be friends with this djinni gen.

Beelined straight there after leaving the caves. Wants to get a bearing and gain research and intel.

Formations and strategies. We want to make sure everyone will be where they're the most useful in a battle and think of our general approaches to different situations.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:58 pm

i think thats too much meta gaming?

cant we just run into the game and just play it?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Yeah, agreed. If we're doing formation/strategy planning, make it so that the characters decide to actually stop and plan before getting all adventurey, and do it IC.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:22 pm

OverlordJ wrote:

Things happen on adventures that are unlikely to happen anywhere else, and she'd hate to miss out.

OverlordJ wrote:

The more the merrier! Also she's kinda small and needs more thugs strong and tall people to help her with things.

OverlordJ wrote:

She just ended up there in her wanderings, and stuck around to make some coin by performing. Also maybe for gossip. Okay, mostly for gossip. But also to perform.

OverlordJ wrote:

I think the way some of us meet up still needs to be decided? Unless that got cleared up already in which case I got nothing.

Also! I meant to ask earlier: does Craft (Tinkering) qualify as a legit skill? Or does that need to be changed? i.e. does it fit better as Profession, etc...?
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:38 pm

OverlordJ wrote:

He wants to find magic-boosting artifacts to increase his power, and maybe eventually build his own school. (Which I imagine is pretty expensive even for archmages.)

OverlordJ wrote:

He's coming to the bar to discuss the library break-in so it probably evolves from there. He's been planning on adventuring for a while now so he just rolls into it.

OverlordJ wrote:

He's been living there his entire life.

OverlordJ wrote:

What BB said.
From what I understand we have Wanderer, Roywyn and Baraqel who meet up, Drae and Urmelena who stick together and then Irelivents familiar who runs into Shadowskulk (dunno about the specifics on that one). But I'm not really sure how those three groups will join up.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. ...Well there's two things I'd like to know at the start of the session so I guess I might as well ask them now:
1) What are the librarian(s) like and 2) would searching a library need a perception check or a knowledge check? (I assume it's not Gather Information.)
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:07 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Before we plan the next meeting, I want everyone to post the following things in this thread:

1: Why does your character want to go on adventures?

As a Paladin Urmelena is looking to quench the evil, vile and help those in need.
She hates slavers especially and hunts them with a passion.

OverlordJ wrote:
2: Why does your character work with this group?

Well, she is together with Drea in any case.
Otherwise: She knows that a Paladin doesn’t have every ability needed for an adventure. She is willing to work with people who doesn’t have her high standards of morality but she wouldn’t work with folks who are super-evil.

OverlordJ wrote:
3: Why is your character in this city at the moment?

Because it was the next best goal on her travels.

OverlordJ wrote:
4: What do you think still need to be decided before the first session starts?

How we will come together and why we will stay together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:54 pm

TheBookwormBakery wrote:
Also! I meant to ask earlier: does Craft (Tinkering) qualify as a legit skill? Or does that need to be changed? i.e. does it fit better as Profession, etc...?
Craft (Tinkering) sounds more like it should be Knowledge(Engineering). Craft skills are about your expertise in creating objects of a certain type, if you want to tinker with existing objects that would fall under Knowledge(Engineering).
On the other hand if you want to create mechanical objects, that's Craft(Clockwork).

Though in most cases you could substitute one of those for the other.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm

ralte i thought you two sticking together had changed? i dont know i might be wrong, its just i thought you two had decided two different stating points in the game and shau didnt say anything about you two going together in her thing

like i said i might be wrong
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:47 pm

1) Craft skills are always skills that create something, depending on what you are meaning with thinkering, it might fit into the Disable Device skill, which includes things like messing around with things like locks, mechanical traps and machines in general, though it is obviously mostly about sabotaging them. Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) is usually more about bigger buildings. Maybe tell us more what you want to do with it, so that we can give better advice.

2) Most of the people working in the library are students, working there as a temp job to earn some money. The head librarean is a woman that is rather strict but will likely leave anyone alone who doesn't damage the books or greatly disturbs the other people in the library. If you have questions about a book and where to find it, you'll most likely talk to one of the temps, as she will most likely not bother with that.
Being in the library is mostly roleplayed, it is specifically NOT a Knowledge check, since a Knowledge check is about things your character ALREADY knows, though if one spends time in the library to research something, I'd be willing to give a bonus on an associated Knowledge check. I'd also be willing to ignore the rule that a failed Knowledge check can't be retried in the case that someone spend time researching the subject between rolls.
(Also, Perception checks don't yet exist in 3.5, they are a Pathfinder or 4 edition thing and Gather Knowledge is for talking to people, not for researching from books)

So, the main things seem to be whether or not Ralte and Shaula will be sticking together and how the three groups will come together and why, yes?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure if we're sticking together either... I think so, but I'm a tad confused now. and if we were, I'm not sure if Urmelena would make Drea go along with the adventuring... so I went with the option where it's completely up to Drea as a reason.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:11 pm

i personally think it makes more sense for the paladin to be seperate from the rogue, i dont think we ever thought of a reason for you two being together that wasnt really weak
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:09 pm

So....
Urmelena and Drea being Vitrolic Best Buds is not good enough Shaula?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Uh...
What???
If that ever does happen it's after they actually go adventuring together?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 pm

wtf ral when u guys were talking about teaming up all you mentioned was they might end up as friends, just that they were together as parole officer and parolee or smth

where did vitrolic best buds come from???????

plus thats really near to black rom, and im p sure shau said no to romance in the roll20 session thing?????
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Twas mentioned in private chat, i'm ok with that sort of thing becoming a thing at some point, I'm really OK with a lot of different possible relationships, we'll just see how it works out, it's just that I'd rather not plan ahead how the characters will relate to each other. But if Urmelena starts hitting on Drea, Drea will NOT reciprocate because I am uncomfortable with RPing romantic relationships.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 pm

ah okie sorry i didnt know u had been talking about it (^^')
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 11:14 pm

silckenSoul wrote:
est buds come from???????

plus thats really near to black rom, and im p sure shau said no to romance in the roll20 session thing?????
You're getting dangerously tumblristic there dude. If you haven't forgotten, blackrom isn't actually a thing, it's something Hussie invented. Friendly rivalry and talking smack however dates way back even past the Roman era.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:15 am

The Mather1 wrote:

You're getting dangerously tumblristic there dude. If you haven't forgotten, blackrom isn't actually a thing, it's something Hussie invented. Friendly rivalry and talking smack however dates way back even past the Roman era.

Tumblristic? I don't see how what I said seems like that?

And whilst blackrom was made by Hussie we are all homestucks here, so you can't really use 'made by Hussie' as an excuse for ignoring something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next