NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2

Go down 
+5
Shaula
Sandstriker
Metafiction
nonexistentPumpkin
uncertainHavoc
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 pm

((we had an entire thing about it where you didnt understand your powers and had to have me explain them to you, i didnt explain them as confusion i explained them as flashflashy distracty get people to focus on you and not your friends))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:52 pm

((As a quick note, my Mage is not really a HT, he just draws his powers from them and gets along well with them))

((Also, because he is a Mage of Void, he is especially good at noticing hidden or secret things, however, he tends to NOT notice obvious things unless he focusses on them))

((He walks into walls and closed doors with hilarious regularity))

((Basically, the harder you try to hide, the more likely he is to notice))

((So he is either going to fail to notice the obvious dazzling things, or he is going to notice if you try to sneak up on him when he's distracted))

((The best way to sneak up on him is him being focussed on something else and you not trying to sneak up on him))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:00 pm

((we didnt say he was a horrorterror, just drawing parallels with the earlier discussion in the petshop between you and the horrorterror whispers and fortuna and her dead people))

((but yeh all are good points))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:05 pm

The Mage says that she seems to be unable to seriously damage him and as long as she is focussing on him she doesn't bother anyone else. He shrugs. He was just trying to be nice.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:29 pm

((Oh shit. Imnotretardediswear. No but srsly, I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was.))
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

((so instead of just blazing ahead assuming what you remember is right, maybe reread stuff to find out?))
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm

silckenSoul wrote:
((so instead of just blazing ahead assuming what you remember is right, maybe reread stuff to find out?))

((I will take this as FRIENDLY advice, despite the note of irritation. That is in fact, good advice, and I'll try to follow it next time))
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:40 pm

((sorry its been a long day and my patience for bullshit meter is really low))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:06 pm

((So eh, what do we do? Normally I'd respond with "well we have a life player right there!" but that might get us stuck pretty fast until Meta returns (if he returns he doesn't have to of course).))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:06 pm

((we can just search for a bit and find some berries or something, or sudden deer //shrug))
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:10 pm

((I talked to Meta about it when he popped in for an hour or so on Skype yesterday.

[10/12/2014 5:11:22 PM] Justin: I just haven't had the time to work on NNC stuff in a while...I keep trying to find time.

So hopefully he can manage to come back.))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 pm

((Alright, cool.))

"Yes, that would be helpful. But perhaps we won't need the aid of our allies."

"Let's give this a try."

The central ruby on the King's crown begins to glow bright and the King himself seems to emit an aura of light as well. Three creatures rise up from the grass around him. They appear amfibian, with froglike apendages, but are more humanoid in form and have spacious pouches like kangaroos. The creatures quickly hop into the nearby trees and disappear from sight.

"They should be able to scavenge a few things together."

The King looks rather pleased with himself.

((And that's how my King of Pawns works. He creates minions designed for a specific task, basically.))

Last edited by royalPawn on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 pm

the spark nods in appreciation

'niiiice, never seen a pawn aspect, seems pretty useful'

Last edited by silckenSoul on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 pm

((Actually I think you mentioned having a King in one of your sessions. Lemme check.))

((Yup page 27.))

Quote :
the spark holds their hand out

'hey you are a king of pawns right?'

'sweet, i had a king of rage in a previous playthrough, fucking nasty strong once he got crowned, more powerful than any lord i have met or heard of'

((Easy mistake if you've played as many sessions as the Spark I guess :P ))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 pm

((edited xP))
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:55 pm

"It most certainly is. Quite versatile and multi-tasking is very easy."

"Of course, it is rather lacking in the combat department, but I've been able to grind grist at an alarming rate so my gear is fairly powerful."

(*His scabbard glitters a little*)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 pm

the spark notices the glitter

'So does that glitter on command?'
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:27 pm

"Hm? Oh, no, it just does that from time to time when it feels it's 'appropriate', or so it seems. But it does have...other uses."

"I can make the sword shine brightly however, but only under specific circumstances."
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

the spark nods

'A flashlight sword, that can be useful, although i prefer headlamps personally'
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:38 pm

The King doesn't really think "flashlight sword" does the weapon justice, but he's not about to start an argument on how his sword is described. (Plus he admits it's a little amusing.)

"Hm, yes, it's always nice to have one's hands free. Of course, I could just summon a light-emiting creature of sorts, perhaps even a small one I could put on my head."

He chuckles a little at this idea.

"So what about you? I assume having played so many session you'd have plenty of opportunities to craft yourself some fairly potent equipment as well?"
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 pm

'yeah that is true, although i have yet to find a way to reliably keep my inventory through games'

'although i do have this, which i was using pretty late game before ending up here'

*out of their sylladex the spark pulls a two sided scythe, one end white, thin and sharp, the other end black, ragged with gaps cut into the blade edge. both ends thrum with an strange energy, one giving off feelings of peace, the other promising only pain*

'i call it the Balance of Death'
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:34 pm

The King is finds the scythe to be rather unsettling (mostly the black side, but something about the white end creeps him out as well), but does his best to keep this from showing.

He remains silent and nods slowly as he observes the weapon further and mentally files the Spark under the "best not to piss off" list. Admittedly this list contains almost everyone he's ever met (and is still alive) but it can't hurt to keep track of things.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:29 am

'yeah kind of unsettling is it not?'

the spark returns it to his captchalogue modus and flexes his hand in discomfort

'i always get pins and needles using it, and i have only used it as an actual weapon once'

they shudder

'never again'

they brighten up and pull out another floating scythe

'anyway want to do more exploration? i want to see if there are any cave systems on this rock'
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 pm

The King wonders why the Spark keeps the weapon if they dislike it so, but decides he'd rather talk about something else.

He floats a few inches above the grass and smiles.

"Where do we start?"
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm

the spark sits down astride the scythe, like a surfer before the wave, and looks around

'hey, just curious, because i have seen things others cannot before, do you see that fog over there?'

the spark says, pointing further away from the centre

((leaving this up to you to either be plot point or just a hallucination xD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2   OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2 - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

OC DUEL THREAD ACT 2
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next