NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+11
silckenSoul
royalPawn
OverlordJ
Shaula
JakeMorph
Alder
sparkingLife
Metafiction
tekkenfreak4
Neska
uncertainHavoc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 2:15 pm

((srs tho i dont think that highly of myself))

and i dont doubt i have a good head, im just saying urs is better
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Aww shucks, you're too kind. :oops:
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:27 am

ur welcome but its the truth
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:19 am

I don't know if I would have had any issues with the forum, since I wasn't here when the issues took place: everything runs a bit slower when I keep a window open for reading manga scanlations, and I tend to focus on getting through my email on PCH stuff (I want them to give me absurd amounts of money, you see, and wading through all their sweepstakes takes time) so forums get neglected unless my email alerts inform me that there's something I need to look at.

Only vaguely related: I've been contemplating making my own forum so my irl friends and I can play D&D online since we can't play in person since we're ~100 miles apart.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:01 am

dont know about the slowing of the forum, everything is fine for me

and oohh thats a good idea! maybe set up a roll20 account too? that seems to be a really good place to play dnd online with
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:03 am

I'm not inclined towards anything that would require my friends to be online at the same time to participate: they all work erratic schedules and the chances of them all being ready and able to log in at the same time are low.
The advantage of going forum-based is that everyone can log in when they can, check what others have done, see if it's their turn yet, post their turns without worrying about how slow or fast they or anyone else is, while still allowing for quick posting of turns if everyone happens to be around, and there's a written record of everything that happens for me or whoever is running a particular campaign.
What would be cool would be something like a map generator so I don't have to draw, scan, and post everything (though I don't have a problem doing that: just means that either I would need to have the bulk of the maps drawn before starting the story or everyone would need to be okay with me taking time between different stages to draw the next few maps. just means I'd need to trim down the pages of the old graph paper desk blotter I have, dig through the drawers of my old desk to find the random graph paper pads I acquired during my school days, or buy some new pads that would preferably cover as much of my scannerbed as possible without overflowing).
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm

yeh i dont know of any map builder thing, i mean you could have roll20 just to be the map?

like make a map and just have that on the roll20 whenever people need it, that way people dont need to all log in the same time, they can just hop onto roll20 when they need to see the map?
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:10 am

But unless they have maps that you can use for free, I would still have to make or find a map (if I can find one that fits a given situation) to upload (in which case, just posting them in the forum would achieve the same result without having to send people to another site).
Eh, I'll prolly end up drawing maps meself unless there is such a thing as a free online generator that lets people make custom maps.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:26 pm

I think there is one but I forgot the name, I should look it up sometime again, though I'm kind of busy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:02 pm

im like 80% sure that roll20 has loads of free assets u can use to build ur maps
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:33 pm

When you say 'map generator', do you mean a program that generates random maps (dungeons), or a map editor?
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:53 am

SS: Are you at least as sure that any maps I'd be able to make would be accessible to other people even if I'm not logged in and running a session?

RP: I mean a program that would allow me to create and save images of custom maps to serve the purposes of whatever campaign I end up making whenever I get around to making my rpg forum. Ideally I would be able to post the map images on the forum where people can consult them whenever. Whether such a program should be called a generator (since maps would be created) or an editor (since they would be customized for my purposes), I'm not entirely sure. If I can find that sort of thing, I would likely make much more detailed maps than I would drawing them freehand (but hey, that worked for Tolkien!)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:07 am

I found THIS, is that kind of what you were thinking of?

It is of course mainly for battle/dungeon maps, overworld maps are a completly different issue
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:16 am

yeah nes, Im on roll20 like everyday and no one else is on, including oj who is our gm

as long as you leave the screen on the correct map layer for the session then itll be fine, and that way you can assign people tokens to show where they are, and same with enemies(as long as you don't assign them to players that aren't you, so its pretty good in that respect to keep track of things, which is something I desperately need in my irl game

EDIT: also happy bday oj, once I get back from revising ill post a load of pics!

EDIT X2 COMBOB: okie now it says its neskas bday so happy bday to u nes!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:10 am

Happy birthday Neska

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:33 am

Happy birthday (birthyesterday? yesterbirthday??) OJ!
Happy birhtday Neska!

Hope you both have/had a grand time! :D
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:28 am

Happy birfday
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Happy birthday Neska, happy unbirthday OJ
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Birthyesterday sounds like the perfect word to describe it.

Thanks y'all
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:20 pm

fuck I was gone like all weekend, happy late birthday guys

It's apparently still Neska's birthday! Happy birthday Neska!
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:56 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
I was out of town on my b-day, since it is also my granma's b-day and we went to have a big family dinner, and have spent the last couple days catching up on everything internet related.
All caught up now!
*steals the glass of champagne that Karkat was ignoring in the b-day pic*

The dungeon link: something kinda like that, I think. I couldn't get a very good look at it on my netbook screen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Yo, I'm kinda new to this forum and somebody sent me a link here to introduce myself :D
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Yes, that was me. Hello KOS, please, tell us about yourself. Who are you, who do you want to RP? :D
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:22 pm

oooh nice name kos!

same questions as oj really, glad to have you on board!

EDIT: actually I just noticed we need to update our roster, some people have left but are still up there, cant do it now im revising, maybe someone else can?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm

BEHOLD

I, the great and powerful Overlord, have finally, after much struggle, defeated my oldest and most mightiest foe.

That's right, I've managed to finally download skype somehow.

If one of you explains to me how to call someone with it, I'll skype with you, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 37 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next