NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:55 pm

*slightly mad giggling ensues*
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 am

So is the pun mightier than the sword?
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:06 am

sparkingLife wrote:
So is the pun mightier than the sword?

I wouldn't have said it in those exact words, but you seem to get the point.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:58 am

As long as you think Perform: Comedy is an evil skill to use for a Bard, I'm not worried

You want to know an evil skill to use for a Bard?:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Shaula wrote:
Spoiler:

Let me remind you of an out of context quote:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Thank you OuO
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:47 pm

holy shit thats brilliant

my character would TOTES be a bard

if he wasnt what he already is

i dont think i can take bard as i am

oj? thoughts?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Your NPC could theoretically have levels as a bard, but I'm gonna say that I'm against it. However, if you change your mind and decide that you do want to play a PC after all, I would not stop you from playing a bard. Just be aware that a bard needs to perform to use their music.

That said, considering the main city is mostly Lawful, public performances might be frowned upon. There is a brothel in the slums though.

Also, it is a widely accepted view that the proper way to play a bard is to try to seduce as many female NPCs as possible, regardless of their species.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm

can a bard take multiple performs? like can they be skilled in fluting and also in screwing? or maybe battle poetry and mime?

and why limit yourself to just females?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Well, it didn't say to limit yourself to females. The proper way to play the bard is to, AMONG OTHER THINGS, attempt to seduce all the female NPCs, all of them. If you want to seduce male NPCs as well, that's perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:20 pm

ooohhhhh okie i misunderstood the restrictions of the statement xP
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Intentionally or unintentionally seducing male or genderless NPCs is totally okay if not expected. Also, you can have as many perform skills as you like, though if you want "unusual" perform skills, you need to ask your GM. Just remember that you need to spend skill points on each perform skill seperatly.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:12 pm

ah okie cool cool, ive only ever played invoker and ranger so i dont really know how bards work xP
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 9:28 pm

The usual perform skills are:
Act (comedy, drama, mime)
Comedy (buffoonery, limericks, joke-telling)
Dance (ballet, waltz, jig)
Keyboard instruments (harpsichord, piano, pipe organ)
Oratory (epic, ode, storytelling)
Percussion instruments (bells, chimes, drums, gong)
String instruments (fiddle, harp, lute, mandolin)
Wind instruments (flute, pan pipes, recorder, shawm, trumpet)
Sing (ballad, chant, melody)

All of these, with the possible exception of miming, are usually considered as possible skills for bardic music. Please note that you need to produce audible sound for it to count. Also note that multiple perform skills don't really give you any benefit, besides being able to, well, perform differently. If you take more then one perform skill, that's cool though. I think there is a way to let one perform skill count for another, but I think that might be from a PrC. And again, you need to be able to perform, so Perform (Keyboard Instrument) could be difficult for a traveling bard.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 10:11 pm

OK so in case anyone was wondering I just checked and the kazoo apparently falls under 'Percussion instruments'

Do with that info what you will
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 10:40 pm

awwwwww yyyyyiiiiiisssssss

i am probs gonna stick with my character tho, i like him xP
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 am

Well, alright, but being an NPC means you won't get to play them as often and I will not let you help them directly, just to be clear on that. You will not go quest with them or whatever.

Also, I told two people about this and they are considering joining, I hope none of you mind.

Oh, also, enjoy this picture of a typical day in the life of a bard

From the series "The Bard's Tail":
Back to top Go down
IreliVent

IreliVent

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 am

So if you're recruiting more people does that mean the game might actually start sometime soon?

If so I need to finish up my character because I kind of lost motivation to work on him for a while after DnDtools got shut down.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:39 am

No, sadly it is still unclear.
Yeah, I just found out yesterday that dndtools is gone and that totally sucks. It was THE place when you were looking for info on classes, feats and spells. I love their games but sometimes I just want to slap wotc
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:46 pm

yeah im fine not helping, more like showing up at random places as a barkeep or a shopkeep or some random person in peril
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Just in case anyone cares, I looked it up and the way to make one performance skill count for another is via the Versatile Performer feat from Complete Adventurer
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Oh, and just so you know, the Dragon Compendium has the Jester class, which is similar to the bard but needs Perform (Comedy) for its abilities.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm

sweeeet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 4:22 pm

It's also possible to increase all perform skills at once by incrementing your Charisma, just saying. That's obviously harder to achieve, but it's entirely possible to become a talented performer without ever actually putting a skill point in any perform skill, since through combining a charismatic race with magic items and taking charisma as the boost every 4 levels, you can reach 30 Charisma at lvl 8, which means your CHA bonus is +10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next