NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.

Go down 
+9
Sandstriker
DarknessAwakens
tekkenfreak4
godlessAdversary
silckenSoul
quantumToolbox
Ralte
Alder
TheBookwormBakery
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Should we start now, or wait for OJ?
Let's fuckin DO IT
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Vote_lcap50%Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
OJ is too cool to not wait on.
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Vote_lcap50%Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:57 pm

Agreed! How about you just post once more as Karkat and Pawn will wrap it up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Neska

Neska

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 am

OKydoky
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 8:10 am

I should finally get internet tomorrow, wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Luck has been wished
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 12:35 am

Wishing of the good luck.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:42 pm

SUCCESS!!!

So, let me check up on the RP to see where I am needed
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 pm

:')
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 pm

OJ check in on Skype b4 posting plz
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:11 pm

Since all the cool kids seem to have at least 4 characters these days, I would like to officially request to try my hand at RPing Kanaya!
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm

i see no problem with that
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 10:12 am

I feel like I should just make an announcement here that anyone is free to join the RP! If you have friends you wanna invite, they're free to join as well. Not sure if that was properly established.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Hey All! This is a thing! Post in Chatterbox if you're interested <3

http://afterfall.forumotion.com/
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:25 pm

A new RP, huh.
I guess this one does seem to have run out of momentum. I still check for posts everyday, but there just hasn't been anything happening in what seems like months.
I don't know what exactly is meant by "Afterfall" though, any details on setting/plot that would be suitable for sharing?

As for characters, I see that Karkat is already taken. That's cool, I might be more comfortable in an OC of my own creation anyway (another reason for wanting to know more about it, so I can come up with something suitable).
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Neska wrote:
A new RP, huh.
I guess this one does seem to have run out of momentum. I still check for posts everyday, but there just hasn't been anything happening in what seems like months.
I don't know what exactly is meant by "Afterfall" though, any details on setting/plot that would be suitable for sharing?

As for characters, I see that Karkat is already taken. That's cool, I might be more comfortable in an OC of my own creation anyway (another reason for wanting to know more about it, so I can come up with something suitable).

Oh my god I had no idea you checked back every day! I am so sorry Neska! Let me grab the quote from Skype I was sure someone told you.

On 7/11/16, at 1:32 PM, Uncertainhavoc wrote:
> OKAY PUTTING DIS SHIT ON HOLD TILL FURTHER NOTICE IF I SEE NERDS POSTING IN HERE I WILL TEAR U A NEW ONE

Basically we were losing people and losing interest, but we didn't wanna just drop it. So instead of just having everyone slowly leave, we put it on hold until we can get more interest or find more people!

That's the gist of it. As for the NEW RP, it's smaller scale but here's the general idea.

If you remember Sburbfall, it kinda started as just a fun thing for that. Like Sburbfall 3.0. However, it grew into me wanting it to be a full fledged fancomic, and we eventually turned it into it's own thing! It's now called Afterfall, and it has it's own story and everything! If you really wanna join the RP, I can give you a general history and what EXACTLY is going on, but the RP is basically the past of the fancomic.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:16 pm

Yeah, I'm not on Skype and no one uses Pesterchum anymore (I deleted from my computer since no one was ever on) so unless it's posted here or someone messages me directly I have no way of knowing anything that is discussed elsewhere.

I kinda remember hearing about Sburbfall, but I don't remember much if anything.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Neska wrote:
Yeah, I'm not on Skype and no one uses Pesterchum anymore (I deleted from my computer since no one was ever on) so unless it's posted here or someone messages me directly I have no way of knowing anything that is discussed elsewhere.

I kinda remember hearing about Sburbfall, but I don't remember much if anything.

Remember how you were that ghost in the attic, and BB's OC's friend? Yea that was Sburbfall.

It started as Sburbfall 3.0 and evolved into something else. We're doing an RP for the PAST of the fancomic we're making. For funsies

The RP basically takes place on "New Alternia" (I haven't thought of a better name bite me)
All the trolls except for Gamzee and Kanaya are present, thru various Dirk/Jane/Roxy resurrection shenanigans.
They're currently leading a society where Karkat, Feferi, and Meenah are in charge together :D
Interested?
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Ah, I remember. I barely got involved before that started to fizzle. Prolly why the details slipped my mind.
I can't think of a reason why my ghosty self would be anywhere near New Alternia, so unless anyone else can, I'd need a different character. Prolly a troll, since Alternia.
I'm not uninterested, I just need to think of character details.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 am

Neska wrote:
Ah, I remember. I barely got involved before that started to fizzle. Prolly why the details slipped my mind.
I can't think of a reason why my ghosty self would be anywhere near New Alternia, so unless anyone else can, I'd need a different character. Prolly a troll, since Alternia.
I'm not uninterested, I just need to think of character details.

Okay well in that case here's how society works roughly:

For about 100 sweeps, the trolls on New Alternia were left to grow on their own. They created a primitive society, invented basic stuff, etc. (Aradia time shenanigans involved with taking the mother grub and it's egg into the past, etc.)

After 100 sweeps, the trolls from the game stepped in and jump started their society.

Feferi, Meenah, and Karkat are the leaders, with various ruling bodies underneath them. It's been about 3 sweeps since the trolls from the game arrived, keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 1:51 am

How primitive? Hunter-gatherer, agricultural, stone age, bronze, iron, classical, byzantine, medieval, renaissance, enlightenment, steam, industrial, equivalent to current Earth (primitive is relative, after all)? Since the game trolls will come with their advanced tech, the pre-arrival level of development will affect 1) the level of culture shock from what the newcomers bring, 2) the ability to adapt to the new tech (3 sweeps is not a whole lot of time), and 3) what sort of characters make sense to populate the existing world before the game trolls come. For example, if I thought it would be cool to be an alchemist that wouldn't only make sense from classical up to steam even if it would still make sense again with scifi levels of science and alchemiters (unless all the grub-tech would also make alchemy make sense from the emergence of grub-tech all the way up to the super-advanced level of tech the game trolls would be bringing in, in which case it would have to be determined when grub-tech emerged). For humans, all those different levels of development took place over the course of millennia, so there's also the question of how quickly trolls would develop over the course of 100 sweeps (about 220 Earth years, if I'm remembering my equivalents correctly) with the varying lifespans of the different blood colors (rust-reds would go through several generations while blues and purples would still be the original generation, the longer-lived types might cling to old ways or exploit the creativity of the shorter-lived ones [thus giving rise to a stratified society]).

Wow, thinking about all that makes me sound like a history nerd, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 1:56 am

Not at all. Also, think Ancient Egyptian level of tech. You can only do so much as a 200 year old race, even with the assistance of grubs and such :O
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 1:47 am

Ah, cool. Ancient Egypt was capable of some pretty cool things, and alchemy fits right in . . .
For blood color I'd think something in the blue range, so as to have had lots of time to learn things and experiment . . . but more likely to be quiet and bookish, spending time in her hive/lab, rather than militaristic and starting fights (if blues are as arrogant on New Alternia as they tended to be on the old one, hers would be that of the intelligentsia).
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:30 am

Okie! There are two cities thus far, Hemopolis and Centaurium. Centaurium is a floating fortress city, and Hemopolis is the capitol. Both are large.

The wilds are populated by very large creatures, and the planet is VERY big.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 am

A floating fortress city seems more like a place for purples and their servants, so Hemopolis seems more fitting for a blue. A hive on the edge of the city so that she's close enough to take advantage of the city's resources but not in the thick of things so as to have some privacy for research (plus, fewer people complain about random explosions and strange odors when they don't happen close by) makes sense.
Now I just need a name and horn shape . . .
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 5:55 am

Neska wrote:
A floating fortress city seems more like a place for purples and their servants, so Hemopolis seems more fitting for a blue. A hive on the edge of the city so that she's close enough to take advantage of the city's resources but not in the thick of things so as to have some privacy for research (plus, fewer people complain about random explosions and strange odors when they don't happen close by) makes sense.
Now I just need a name and horn shape . . .

Centaurium is ACTUALLY home to most of the trolls that don't agree with the way the monarchy rules, but are smart enough to realize not living in a city on a very hostile planet would be rather foolish. Just FYI.

Also, upon arriving, the trolls advanced the tech of the society DRASTICALLY, to roughly the equivalent of OUR modern era
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 2:02 am

Hm.
Politics always complicates everything . . .
Character age would then be a determining factor. The game trolls are essentially teenagers from our perspective (even possibly actually teenagers by their own perspectives at this point, with the passage of time and all). The usual thing to do would be to make a character in the same age range who would be making her decisions about what to do with her life at this point and would then need to decide how politics affect her choice about where to live. On the other hand, if she's older she would likely have already established herself somewhere before the game trolls arrived and changed everything. She might not care about politics, be too entrenched to want to move, or just not give a damn 'cause she was there first (would depend on if the capital was a freshly built city or if Meenah set herself up in the closest thing to a palace that already existed). If longer lived trolls age slower (which would make sense to me, based on other such races), then even a character who is 50 or 100 years (20-50 sweeps) old would still be relatively young by the standards of her caste while still having been around long enough to watch a city grow up around her.
Ancient Egypt Level to Modern Earth Level is a pretty drastic shift, an older character would have some trouble adapting (not that they couldn't, especially if they were intelligent and curious like this alchemist character would likely be) and would certainly have at least the trappings of the pre-arrival era while they adapt (a hive built in the traditional manner, jewelry of the old style and clothing varying from old style to new and a bit in between).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 7: A new beginning, with new ships. None for Eridan, though.
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next