NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread

Go down 
+9
OverlordJ
silckenSoul
uncertainHavoc
tekkenfreak4
Metafiction
Ralte
royalPawn
Sandstriker
JakeMorph
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 5:55 am

You still need to fix your AC, you wrote the +8 down twice.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Ah crap those are still the old borked values damnit we've been over this!
Imma fix this. Fix'd.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:52 am

Alright

Pawn, please list your equipment and weapons as well as which spells you know.
Also, please add your hit dice, hit points, speed and base defenses

Tekken, I noticed you have one HP to little, since you have a CON of +3, you start with 13 HP not 12
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Working on it.
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Fixed it again. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Ok I think I got everything but the spells, I'm gonna have to think about those a little longer.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Tekken, everything looks good.

Pawn, your HP is wrong, on first level you get maximised hitdice plus CON mod in 3.5, so you only have 5 HP, not 16.

Also, don't forget to think about your backstory a bit.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Tekken, everything looks good.

Pawn, your HP is wrong, on first level you get maximised hitdice plus CON mod in 3.5, so you only have 5 HP, not 16.

Also, don't forget to think about your backstory a bit.
Ah oops I just googled it real quick so wrong version I guess. (5 HP I feel so weak and puny ;_; )

Backstory probably won't be very exiting, but I'll think of something.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah, wizards are NOT build to take hits.

Also, have you thought about specializing in one school of magic and if so, in which?

Oh, and for the backstory, as a wizard, you kind of must have studied it somewhere. If you want you could have studied in the magic school within the city in that you'll be starting.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:13 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Yeah, wizards are NOT build to take hits.

Also, have you thought about specializing in one school of magic and if so, in which?

Oh, and for the backstory, as a wizard, you kind of must have studied it somewhere. If you want you could have studied in the magic school within the city in that you'll be starting.

I'll finish picking my spells before I look decide on that. At first I found it rather limiting with cutting of two schools but that was before I knew I only got 4 spells/day. :I

And yeah I'll probably have something with being frustrated with the slow learning (goddamn lazy-ass sorcerers) but I feel I need something more substantial than that.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:51 pm

royalPawn wrote:
Backstory probably won't be very exiting, but I'll think of something.

DO NOT TELL RALTE
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 am

When you realize that Wizards have over 2000 different possible spells and that there are only over 4000 spells for all classes combined (at least as far as I know), cutting out two schools of magic doesn't seem to be that big a deal. And being able to cast more spells per day is always useful.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:25 am

oh wow you have a limit to how many spells a day you guys can cast?

JEGUS

suddenly glad im rolling with the version im rolling with
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, in 3.5, spell casters have a maximun number of spells they can cast per day.

Which is why, unlike in Pathfinder and 4e, lowlevel spellcasters still should carry at least SOME kind of weapon.

(In pathfinder you can cast unlimited Cantrips and in 4e you get a couple of spells as an at will ability, though both Cantrips and at will spells are pretty suckish)

I'd like to point out though that especially at higher levels it usually doesn't matter anymore, because your spells are powerful enough that you won't need too many per encounter and you do get quite a lot. I mean, like, even a fourth level Sorcerer gets at least 16 spells per day I think, 17 if they have good Charisma, which they SHOULD have, because they need it to cast their spells.

So really, how many spell per day you get only matters if you are forced to run into A LOT of encounters in one day without being able to rest between them.
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Consider also that most DnD theorists consider Wizards, Clerics, and Druids the most powerful of the core classes, as they combine raw power with extreme utility.

Unlimited spellcasting on Wizards would be (even more) game-breaking (than they already can be).

(Full disclosure, Sorcerers are considered a little weaker but still very strong; the difference is that Sorcerers can do anything, but Wizards can do everything.)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:30 pm

im an invoker i literally have a splinter of a GOD within me as the source of my powers

((technically a goddess but the point is the same))
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:39 am

So?

If you play with epic levels you can literally become your OWN god.

Also, any Cleric gets his or her spells from a god, what's the big difference in having a splinter of one in you?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:59 am

because i dont need to use holy symbols to use my powers, unlike most other divine power users

at least thats how it is in 4e, might be different in 3
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am

I never saw holy symbols as that big a deal to be honest?

What's so great about not needing one?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 am

bragging rights? more interesting role play scenarios?

i carry around a holy symbol in case i get kidnapped and it gets taken from me so enemies would think im weaponless then i can pull out a rod i have kept hidden in my body to attack with

also the fact that combined with my race im literally loads of shards of  magic rock being held together by nothing more than the power of a goddess is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:02 pm

That is indeed pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:59 pm

yeah i love being a shardmind i'm an immortal construct, so dont need to eat/sleep/drink ((and of course im the only guy to ever find any food in chests and stuff -.-)) and  im a great group of shards of the gate that held back the primal forces

normally id be held together by super powerful psychic forces but because of my invoker class im held togethe rby the power of ioun instead
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Not needing sleep would be great for a wizard.
I mean, I'm a student.
I need eight hours of sleep to prepare my spells.
How the fuck do I do exams.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Sorry pawn but the rules for creatures that don't need sleep but need to prepare spells says that they still need to spend the same time preparing those spells, either in meditation or something like that.

Also, since we have a Warforged Paladin in our group, we already have one Living Construct with Holy powers, I think we won't need another one. ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread   The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nightfall DnD Preparation Thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next