NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+11
silckenSoul
royalPawn
OverlordJ
Shaula
JakeMorph
Alder
sparkingLife
Metafiction
tekkenfreak4
Neska
uncertainHavoc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaula

Shaula

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 am

Yeah, I agree with Neska
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:55 am

coo lcool

okie so first order of business is seeing who is actually active here/would like to continu with their characters, that way we can clean up the roster and make it easier to see who exactly has who and whos free to take

since we are restarting ill drop slick B and jim from my roster, since neither exist for now xD

so i have slick, die, quarters, and the doc (hes the doctor in the city hospital), and the worrisome waif (although obviously sans wretched wraith since they are probs getting retconned out of existence)

thats another question, how far back should we retcon?
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 pm

It seems more like a restart than a retcon so I guess we'd just go back to the beginning?
Or do you mean if we should retcon backstory stuff like Nepeta replacing LE and all that?

As for characters I'll hang on to Eridan of course. There's a couple posts that feel really OOC looking back so I'd be pretty happy with a clean slate.
I guess Garry can stay though I want to rewrite him a bit. Pip Deal and Fortouna probably don't exist anymore. (Nor does Paedma but she's re-dead anyway.) Oh and the hospital receptionist I guess.

Almost everyone has a Felt member so I could take one of them too, why not. And maybe a second troll. (Don't wanna be greedy though so anyone who doesn't have a troll yet gets first dibs.)

(Gonna go back to panicking over my deadlines now kbye)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:43 pm

yeah i think we should retcon out lady shiplish, bring it closer to actual canon
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:07 am

I wasn't here from the beginning, so I've got no personal/emotional attachment to any story elements from before I started playing Karkat.
I think the Lady Shiplish stuff was finito by then, anyway.

From my own perspective, restarting from the beginning and clearing out Shiplish and related plot elements from the backstory would be the simplest thing: then I'd only need to worry about familiarizing myself with the Stabdads stuff to be on the same page as everyone for the restart.

If I'm the only person with one character (Karkat), I can take on more to be fair.
I don't have a Felt member at all, if we need more of those I can take one.
I just don't want to repeat the scenario where I ended up producing huge walls of text 'cause I was running so many characters in the same place at the same time I was literally talking to myself (happened in an old RP forum: I had 3 of my own characters and ended up running the 4 characters of this other guy when he had to take off for a couple days, and without all those characters everything would have come to a crashing halt . . . which eventually happened anyway since I ended up being the only active person on the whole forum!).
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Well, you could try to keep your characters separate, but yeah, if you don't feel ok with taking on multiple characters that's definitely fine.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

I'd like to keep Death and Clover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:59 am

I agree, no more Shiplish, no more escaped souls, and I think we should get rid of mobsterswap as well.

Which leaves me with:

Every version of PI and IPI
Which includes GPI if needed

I am also NB and perhaps sometimes MH

A few Elves if there is need for them.

I might also RP as Yggsogth if people want to keep it? (Honest question, I am totally okay with dropping the HT if noone feels the need for the HT to get involved)

I am also Crowbar

And also Trac3 (Though I admit that I had forgotten that I apparently took that role too...)

Should we talk about the canon then? (We'll also need to decide who Nepetas dad would be if we keep the stabdad thing, which I'd like if we did)
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:56 pm

GPI could reset the universe. Also did someone have Problem Sleuth?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:19 pm

I'd have Aradia and Itchy then.

And I've seen Nep as Pickle's kid, I think.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:00 pm

id probs keep yggdrasil since she will still exist with my ss, maybe the crew needs to work out who their deals are with? not sure

and yeah without the scoundrels theres no real need for yggsogth
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:29 am

Noone has PS currently, some people had him once but they left.

And yeah, I've seen Nep for Pickle, too, but I've also got Gamzee and I wouldn't want people to feel odd that two of the PS characters have two troll kids

I'm more asking if the HTs should still exist as characters that get played. Like, any HT can exist but should they literally walk among the people still or should we retcon them and/or play them more like GPI
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 am

I could take PS and stick with three characters (unless the devil was needed or whatever)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 am

I think cutting back on the mystic powers, like the devil, god or the Horrorterrors might be a good idea

And yeah, getting more members of PS would be good
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:18 pm

"And yeah, I've seen Nep for Pickle, too, but I've also got Gamzee and I wouldn't want people to feel odd that two of the PS characters have two troll kids"

Boxcars, then? Shipping buddies! And now there's one Felt, one Sleuth and one Crew with two kids.

"I'm more asking if the HTs should still exist as characters that get played. Like, any HT can exist but should they literally walk among the people still or should we retcon them and/or play them more like GPI"

I vote for GPI-style, tbh.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Sorry, this is going to be a long post. In order to make this easier, I'm gonna put it in a couple spoilers, so you don't have to scroll past the whole thing every time.

My thoughts for the reset:

I think that's everything for now, if I remember anything else important, I'll post about it or edit it into this post
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:26 pm

im p happy with all this
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:26 am

Okydoky!
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:16 am

Then lets start a list with the confirmed current people. This only includes the people that posted after Silcks post on the retcon, so BB and Tokuga and others aren't yet included:

Spoiler:

Last edited by OverlordJ on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:38 pm

I'm definitely up for still doing Terezi, and I'd be happy to pass on Vriska if Tokuga still wants to RP her.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:30 pm

So does anyone have any interest in picking up Kanaya?
If not I might give her a try.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:51 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Sorry, this is going to be a long post. In order to make this easier, I'm gonna put it in a couple spoilers, so you don't have to scroll past the whole thing every time.
I, ah, kinda missed this post somehow. gonna reply now.

Quote :
Aradia and Droog both have a laid back but classy style

eh, i dunno about this one. Aradia doesn't seem to care about classiness from what I've seen.

Quote :
This team has three or five members, depending on whether you count the ladies as members, too, which I think they should be. One could argue that the different versions of AD migh also count as multiple characters, but I don't think we should have multiple ADs.

This team has 3 members, and a shitload of alt selves of those members. That work?

Quote :
The Felt are actually a bit tricky, since they have such strong, time related powers, the most difficult being Trace, Fin and maybe the Doc.

I'd say Fin and the Doc are way worse than Trace. Trace knows what you HAVE done, but Fin and Doc have ways of knowing what WILL happen, which, a lot of the time, even WE don't know.

Quote :
Plus, if PS gets Kanaya, that'd mean that the kid of the one who took down MK is the one that took down MKs kid, if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

Quote :
That still leaves Nepeta and Feferi though. Some people like the idea of them getting NB and HD as parents, which might be a good idea. If anyone has other and maybe even better ideas then this, please post about them though

Huh, never thought of that. I approve.

Quote :
but the Son could play an important role in his relation to AD.

Also there's his Batman thing.

Quote :
I also get the feeling that the Team and the Crew would totally be the kind of people that would act weirdly normal when they run into eachother outside of crime related activities (as has been hinted at by the scene where they dance at the club)

I wholeheartedly agree, because I love that sort of thing.

Oh, and Pawn, I think it's been long enough that we can assume there's no objection?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 6: Why is the rum always gone *suspicious glance at Team Sleuth* (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 40 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next