NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)

Go down 
+7
uncertainHavoc
royalPawn
Shaula
Sandstriker
silckenSoul
sparkingLife
Alder
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shaula

Shaula

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 am

silckenSoul wrote:
yeah what shaula said, also i think the communication would work, going from one shadow to another, but we would need a nightnight crew member on both sides, this might be an idea for our espionage that i have been working on
Well, yeah, that makes sense.

Also, creating... things from shadows? Such as shadow tendrils that can actually move or hold things or whatever, or stuff. PI can make things from imagination and candies, so it's not OP unless you have a problem with that too...

nothing like the ARMY OF A HUNDRED SHADOW COPIES I mentioned in the stream would actually be an option, of course. Perhaps ONE shadow copy. 

And of course it DOES take energy or something to do this, can't have anything for free.

Oh, this is relevant. Shiplish, you ARE still going around killing the horrorterrors, right?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:09 pm

also about the shadow clones, in the right light it should be obvious that they are fake, sort of like they look 2d or translucent or something
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting them to look 'real' at all. I wasn't thinking 'hey let's make something that can fool everybody', I was thinking 'hey let's make something that can hit our enemies a lot when we're fighting'.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:03 pm

ah that sort of thing

yeah lets go for that

we could also have some sort of cloaking or something

i dunno
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm

What exactly do you mean by cloaking? *apparently a complete idiot today*
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:13 pm

as in invisibility if we are in shadows or something
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Ooh, yeah, good idea.

So invisibility in shadows, shadow tendrils and shadow constructs and stuff like that, shadow shield, UNHOLY FLAMES OF OGLOGOTH HIMSELF, and some random side effects, positive OR negative, if the caster is unexperienced, not focusing enough, or hasn't got much energy left. Using too much Shadow Magic tires out the user, and you can't use it on anything you can't (or in one case, couldn't under normal circumstances) see.

There's also some other ideas I had that all depend on whether Lady Shiplish is killing horrorterrors.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:39 am

Shaula wrote:
silckenSoul wrote:
yeah what shaula said, also i think the communication would work, going from one shadow to another, but we would need a nightnight crew member on both sides, this might be an idea for our espionage that i have been working on
Well, yeah, that makes sense.

Also, creating... things from shadows? Such as shadow tendrils that can actually move or hold things or whatever, or stuff. PI can make things from imagination and candies, so it's not OP unless you have a problem with that too...

nothing like the ARMY OF A HUNDRED SHADOW COPIES I mentioned in the stream would actually be an option, of course. Perhaps ONE shadow copy. 

And of course it DOES take energy or something to do this, can't have anything for free.

Oh, this is relevant. Shiplish, you ARE still going around killing the horrorterrors, right?
Of course! I believe these are all good ideas for powers! I'll put it in an official list and edit it here if we change our minds.

Shadow Magic:

1) Invisibility
2) Shadow Creation (Limited size, EX: A car is the largest thing you can make)
3) Shadow Clones (Limited to three, all with limited use)
4) Shadow Communication
5) Shadow Shield
6) Teleportation (The way Matchsticks uses fires, you can use shadows)

Also, since I'm not the "canon" LE (AKA Lady Shiplish), I believe my powers should be defined. I'll throw my ideas in here and modify them along with the Shadow Magic

Lady Shiplish Abilities:

1) Laser Face
2) Indestructible
3) Time powers (Since I'm a Lord of Time, I get control of time)
----- Non-Canon powers -----
4) Heart powers (Lord of Heart)
a) Temporary ship changes ( I can create temporary changes in relationships EX: Making DD have a kismesis instead of a moiralligence with SS)
b) More to be added
5) Random wanderings (A chance to wander into ANY thread, see the NightNight thread for an example)

Also, since I'm so freaking OP, being LE and all, I feel I should try to participate as little as possible. Otherwise, it would feel kind of uneven.

And if you want, I can also create a section to define the abilities of all the Felt members as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:52 am

Question:
Should I make a list with PIs imaginary powers as well?
They don't have much point outside the imaginary realm but there are ways to get into the imaginary realm even for people who aren't drunk. Heck, it's pretty easy to just climb through ADs window, or go up MKs stairs. There are lots of ways.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:26 am

Go for it Overlord! Also, Shaula, I may have not made it clear in my last post, but yes, I'm still killing the Horrorterrors
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 3:52 am

In the imaginary world, PI is able to:
- Create various objects, usually candy themed, mostly weapons and some armor
- Temporal Replicsimile: I split into two PIs, one is send to the past and one is send to the future
- Pickle Replicsimile: Only possible to be used under maximum imagination. I split into a number of PIs, depending on the level of the technique. In canon, PI know this technique up to level 8
- Abstracted Thought: Allows me to simultaniously have both a real and an imaginary self. It was used in canon in combination with the Pickle Replicsimile but I decided to modify it so that I can use it with out that
- "Steertech: Chauffeur's Reckoning -> A Man. A Wheel. A Dream." Allows me to pull off complex manoeuvre with the Chicago Overcoat
- "Tickletech: Feathermeddle" Allows me to use feathers to tickle enemies, might work in the real world as well. Was in canon only used on Lv 1 and thus failed, but I think PI might have learned his lesson and leveld it up a bit since then

While on maximum imagination I've also been shown to be able to turn into God (Which I definatly won't do here) and a giant monster, the PIs from the past, Future, Past-Future and Future-Future were also able to turn into Hippos in the after live, so I'd say I'm able to transform myself.

The power of these abilities is also tied to my imagination, I am able to transform into more powerful things and can create more stuff if I have more powerful imagination.

I am also able to do the following things, even in the real world:
- Disconcerting Ogle: I stare at the enemy to either calm them down or to disconcerts them to the point of being unable to do anything. How effective it is depends on the level. In canon, PI is shown to have Lv 5. We also know that the Lv 48 version is allowing the user to literally shoot lasers from their eyes, though that probably only works in the imaginary world.
- Auto Parry - Pickle Distraction: I avoid an attack by getting distracted and suddenly turned out of the way of the attack to better ogle whatever distracted me

Also note that Imaginary selves are able to enter the real world for a short time, though they die if they stay to long. Since the first imaginary PI died much quicker then the later ones, I'd say that the time my imaginary selves can stay in the real world is tied to my level. The higher my level, the longer they can stay.

PI is able to use Pistols and sniper rifles as weapons, as well as probably any weapon that doesn't need strenght to be used, like the Jawbreaker Cannon.

I'll probably try to avoid using the Highbrow or the Broad.

If anyone thinks I've missed something important or has a great idea for an PI ability, please let me know
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:17 am

Okay, so Shiplish-A: Lord English CAN be defeated with glitches/exploits in spacetime. Of course, in this RP if you die you WILL come back as soon as Death lets you out, but still. Is that still a thing? Because, as I mentioned, the cards and the keys do count as glitches/exploits in spacetime... Which I guess brings you just a BIT closer to us poor NORMAL mortals' level. (Shadow magic: so damn normal you don't even know.)
B: Why the random wandering? Any particular reason for it?
C: Ship changing seems VERY interesting. Can they also start/end ships? Like, say, changing a completely platonic friendship into a <3<, or making a <> just fall apart without changing into something else?
D: The felt's powers seem relatively easy to understand in comparison to ours. Yellow hat is fast, blue hat is slow, etc, etc.

PI- That seems good.

And as for us...
First of all, I had to know the specifics of the deal with the horrorterrors. Since they have reason to dislike Lady Shiplish, I say we go with our side of the deal being 'kill Shiplish' which would also explain why we're even fighting.
It could also give us a bit of a boost when fighting Shiplish instead of Team Sleuth, which is also only fair because there's more of you and you have LADY FUCKIN SHIPLISH on your side.
Another point: I wonder if there's a drink that increases shadow magic like alcohol increases imagination... Then again, maybe that's what the candy in our hats is for.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 am

yeah licorice boost shadow magic
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Eh, I was thinking everyone has their own unique candy. You get your scotty dogs, I get the vastly superior swedish fish, etc, etc. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Canon facts: Alcohol boosts Imagination, Coffe increases Vim and reduces Imagination (Also cures hangovers), Hot Sauce increases Vim, Candy boosts Pulchritude and hangovers reduce Pulchritude (I think, I am not 100% sure about the hangover part)

Also, I think steaks heal you
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 pm

yeah but that works for you guys, what about midnight crew or do they follow the same rules?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:19 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Canon facts: Alcohol boosts Imagination, Coffe increases Vim and reduces Imagination (Also cures hangovers), Hot Sauce increases Vim, Candy boosts Pulchritude and hangovers reduce Pulchritude (I think, I am not 100% sure about the hangover part)

Also, I think steaks heal you
Hm. It could work the same way, except THAT ONE TYPE of candy boosts shadow magic, and we have shadow magic instead of the Imagination stat so the alcohol thing doesn't happen but we can still get drunk.

So Coffee increases Vim and cures hangovers, Hot Sauce increases Vim, Candy boosts Pulchritude but there's one kind of candy that boosts Shadow Magic instead, hangovers may or may not reduce Pulchritude, and Steaks may or may not have healing properties.

Also, oh yeah, stats. Do we make stats for Nightnight Crew?

Last edited by Shaula on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 pm

silckenSoul wrote:
yeah but that works for you guys, what about midnight crew or do they follow the same rules?
Hmm, good point, especially since I don't think that you guys even have canon stats for IMA, PUL and VIM.

I think it's up for you to decide
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 pm

If I may steal an idea from Midnight Sleuth again...

We could go with this.

Going by the colors:
Slick has the highest Volatility (obviously). Possible interpretations could mean shadow magic, since he actually USED it in canon, "like being twitchy and prone to shouty anger killy mode", (Quoting Silck here, we're discussing this on Pesterchum) or both.
I get Artifice, which is "Clever or cunning devices or expedients, esp. as used to trick or deceive others" (Quoting the internet here) so perhaps the power to "lie and bullshit our way out of trouble" (WHY IS SLICK BETTER AT WORDS THAN I AM)
Hearts gets Vigor, which is obviously Vim.
And Clubs gets Calamity, which is... Slick suggested destructiveness. I suggested the power to make this play. SERIOUSLY, I think it could ALSO be Twitchy Shouty Killy Mode, with Volatility JUST being Shadow Magic.

So Slick has highest Volatility, then Calamity, then Artifice, then a teensy-weensy little bit of Vigor (He's going to kill me when he reads this post isn't he).

And I.......

I need to ponder this a bit. Maybe discuss it with Slick. Either way, more later. Deuce, Boxcars, you guys can do your own stats.

EDIT: So translating PI's CANON FACTS into our new stats...

Coffee and Hot Sauce increase Vigor. Steaks heal. Alcohol does nothing except get you drunk because REAL MEN fuel their magic with CANDY. OTHER candy could boost Artifice instead, I guess, while Hangovers reduce it. Assuming Volatility=Shadow Magic, we have stat boosts and reducers for everything except calamity.

EDIT 2: Slick agrees to get rid of Twitchy Shouty Killy Mode. So Volatility=Shadow Magic, Calamity=Destructiveness, Artifice=Liesandbulshittitude which is TOTALLY A WORD NO REALLY, and Vigor is Vim, Midnight Crew edition.

And I'm going with Artifice, Volatility, Vigor, Calamity. SOMEWHAT more balanced than Slick's so my 'destructiveness' stat isn't as pfft-inducingly teensy. IF we can't have a stat in the same place twice, that leaves:
HB:Vigor, Artifice, Calamity, Volatility
CD:Calamity, Vigor, Volatility, Artifice
But making sure it fits the character is more important than making sure it fits Stat Sudoku, so if something doesn't fit, feel fre to change it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:30 am

I just realized something. If Lord Shiplish can change ships around as she wants, she can make Leprechaun romance obsolete and make the Felt start using the quadrants because she feels like it. If only temporarily.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 am

CrimsonMage wrote:
I just realized something. If Lord Shiplish can change ships around as she wants, she can make Leprechaun romance obsolete and make the Felt start using the quadrants because she feels like it. If only temporarily.
That's true. AND she can make us Nightnighters use charms.

Which isn't really a great idea unless we FIGURE OUT EVERY FRIGGIN CHARM'S MEANING.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Shaula wrote:
Okay, so Shiplish-A: Lord English CAN be defeated with glitches/exploits in spacetime. Of course, in this RP if you die you WILL come back as soon as Death lets you out, but still. Is that still a thing? Because, as I mentioned, the cards and the keys do count as glitches/exploits in spacetime... Which I guess brings you just a BIT closer to us poor NORMAL mortals' level. (Shadow magic: so damn normal you don't even know.)
B: Why the random wandering? Any particular reason for it?
C: Ship changing seems VERY interesting. Can they also start/end ships? Like, say, changing a completely platonic friendship into a <3<, or making a <> just fall apart without changing into something else?
D: The felt's powers seem relatively easy to understand in comparison to ours. Yellow hat is fast, blue hat is slow, etc, etc.
Okay, so I just realised you never replied to these, so I'm reminding you that they exist.

And here's the chart:
Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 Charms
I'm assuming <3 and <> are equivalent or similar to Troll romance. Other than that... no idea.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Leprechauns have a complex system of romance consisting of nine charms. One of these corresponds to the concept of romantic love as known by both trolls and humans, the other eight charms are related to this by a continuum of relationships established by pranks, riddles and games of chance. Unlike the quadrants, instead of attempting to have only a single relationship with another individual per quadrant, leprechauns strive to share as many charms with their partner as possible, with a pair sharing three or more charms being called a trove.
Certain combinations of charms are more conducive to reproduction than others. Reproduction involves an elaborate coupling followed by a lively mating jig, with the jig in question being defined by the charms involved.

SHAZAM
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Well then.

*Nominates SPADES SLICK for Star Heart Horseshoe relationship with Biscuits*

And then Silck kills me horribly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next