NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)

Go down 
+7
uncertainHavoc
royalPawn
Shaula
Sandstriker
silckenSoul
sparkingLife
Alder
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Alder
Admin
Alder

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah that sounds like a good idea (Jesus it feels like its been ages since I last made a post (-_-))
Back to top Go down
https://nightnightcrew.forumotion.com
royalPawn

royalPawn

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:34 pm

((Happy birthday! :D ))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm

OH YEAH

HAPPY BIRTH DAY RAF
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Yeah, happy birthday Raf.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Admin
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks you guys! :D 
Back to top Go down
https://nightnightcrew.forumotion.com
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

royalPawn wrote:
Welp, I was about to sugest italic with bold o's as quirk, but then my browser decide to crash.

Anyway, on a scale of on to ten, how weird is it that I'm making a list of fish puns? :notevenmspa:

Fish Puns

Oh and a happy birthday to you, Raff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:23 am

Sorry if I'm late, happy birthday :D
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am

The link doesn't work for me, uH. :I
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 am

It doesn't work for me either...
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:21 am

The link's broken for me too.
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:24 am

I think http://askpeixes.tumblr.com/ might be the cause?
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 pm

So do we have any sort of decorum for how one of the gangs might conduct some espionage/recon?

We were discussing doing such in the Felt thread and I feel like it would be kind of cheap just to abuse Doc Scratch's omniscience to do that job. (If you'd rather a Watsonian explanation, just assume there's voidy blackout stuff nearly everywhere so Scratch rarely bothers to use his ability. Or maybe it's just more of my machinations, who knows?)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, you would have to do it just like you would in real life.

The only threads are our office/hideout/mansion

If you want to conduct espionage, you'd have to get there somehow, then, for example, "drop a bug" or something, so that you can listen in on that person.

Also, it's probably easier to sneak into a place while noone is there. Like the Nightnight hideout right now...
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Voidy blackout stuff, eh?

I wonder if our shadow magic could do that... Void, shadows, close enough, right? And it's convenient for the RP.

Team Sleuth can figure out their own anti-cueball magic.

Oh, by the way, I had the idea that the shadow magic comes from pacts with the horrorterrors(the specific wording I tend to use is ~dark pacts with Oglogoth himself~). Would that be all right with everyone? (Mostly Zorc and Pumpkin, since they're the ones that would USE it. Silck already said he likes the idea, and it seems to make sense.)

It could be the source of more ~plot twists~ than just 'oh hey, we're magical'. I may or may not have a few PLAAAANS already.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Well, as PI, my answer is obvious:
Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 Tumblr_lv3z5gzFJM1r2bmxno1_500
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 am

OverlordJ wrote:
Also, it's probably easier to sneak into a place while noone is there. Like the Nightnight hideout right now...

I'm very glad to be playing an omniscient character who knows that already.

Although the Oglogoth thing brings up yet another explanation: DS/LE, the NCOH, and I guess GPI have a gentleman's agreement for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

sparkingLife wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:

I'm very glad to be playing an omniscient character who knows that already.

Although the Oglogoth thing brings up yet another explanation: DS/LE, the NCOH, and I guess GPI have a gentleman's agreement for whatever reason.

Agreement? Who needs agreement? Lady Shiplish could still be trying to kill off the horrorterrors. That could be why they've given her enemies powers.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 am

>GPI: Fondly regard altercation
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:28 pm

EXACTLY.

GPI doesn't get involved, he just fondly regards stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Hey, I think I am going to do the recon, maybe. Do a create a Nightfelt/Nightnight crew thread to go into, do I most in the only thread, or do I just not post anything (when something happens of course). I am guessing it's the first option, but I want to make sure first.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Well, since it appears that the last post in the Nightnight Crew Only thread was made by a Felt member...

I GUESS it's the second option.

Apparently.

Either that, or Scales has some explaining to do.
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:31 am

Scales is Matchsticks. I guess he doesn't have full control over the fires or something?
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:02 am

I may not have made myself clear in the livestream, Shaula, but I'm totally down for your shadow magic ideas and shiz. But something I'm worried about is something you pointed out, it's limitless possibilities (because the limits haven't been defined in canon). It's pretty dang obvious that Spades, who's the only one who's used Shadow Magic, isn't anywhere near the level of Lord English (Canon). So what limits should shadow magic have? We need to define these limits before doing anything else. Otherwise, you could just say "I killed you using shadow magic from lightyears away. Shadow magic OP. Deal With It"
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:26 am

Shadow magic corrupts the soul, if we use too much it might make the Midnight Crew EVIL or something! mspa

Anyway. Making Shadow Magic have an 'instant unblockable death' option would be boring for both sides. First of all, the Nightnighter should be able to see the target, or the place he's casting the spell on, or whatever, so no doing ANYTHING from lightyears away.

Unless maybe it can be used for portals or communication, but that's just a possibility and might not be used.

Also, insta-kill? Yeah, not gonna happen.

And we've already established it's rather random, and can have some healing properties, but also some undesirable side effects. Other than that, shadow tendrils? shadow shield? Shadow anything else that happened in Midnight Sleuth? Yeah, I'm not very imaginative right now.

I dunno. But minor things that aren't going to change the path of the RP, like 'DD uses the Unholy Flames of OGLOGOTH HIMSELF as a cigarette lighter!' don't have to be confirmed, right?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 am

yeah what shaula said, also i think the communication would work, going from one shadow to another, but we would need a nightnight crew member on both sides, this might be an idea for our espionage that i have been working on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)   Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box and Greeting Place 1 (Up-to-date Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in newest thread)
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next