NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+13
Alder
Sandstriker
TheGreatMindfang
tekkenfreak4
quantumToolbox
nonexistentPumpkin
sparkingLife
Metafiction
JakeMorph
silckenSoul
OverlordJ
royalPawn
Shaula
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Ac)(ievement Get: Let's take t)(is from t)(e top. Again, and again

Finis)( reading )(omestuck. All over again. For t)(e 20t)( time

I need better ways to spend my freetime
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Have you tried Problem Sleuth? Or maybe Jailbreak? How about Bard Quest?

Ooh! You should read Dr. Brinner: Ghost Psychiatrist. It's Hussie's longest work, even longer than Homestuck. I had a link around here somewhere, not sure where I left it...
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:11 pm

I never read Dr. Brinner, I thought that was by someone else?

Read Neon Headache Icecream or what's it called again though.

And It Don't Stop is great, too

Shaula wrote:
I'd love some pre-FTFO!Damara, pre-accident!Tuna, pre-8=D!Horuss, wizardfanboy!Cronus, actuallyprettydamntalkative!Kurloz, I think you get where I'm going with this.

Oh my Godhead Pickle Inspector, yes, I want that

Kurloz and Mituna, chatting with eachother about their Girlfriends! Make it happen!
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:27 pm

So I just returned from the pizza place, and number 8 was a seafood pizza.

Coincidence? Or does SOMEONE there read Homestuck?
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Definitely NOT coincidence! 38D

And @ all t)(ose suggestions, I've read all t)(e MSPA stuff Meta!

I )(avent read any of )(is ot)(er stuff, mostly due to a personal reason t)(ats not dramatic at all but slig)(tly complicated!

And I actually enjoy re reading )(omestuck! I learn so muc)(!
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Oh, one more thing, not too relevant:

http://born-in-chains-of-revolution.tumblr.com/post/84534383803/my-face-when-americans-call-chips-french-fries

RTPNS is british that makes ME classier and britisher than ALL the haters

*pretentious tea drinking*
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Quote :
>my face when Americans call chips “french fries”
How are they even french?
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:20 pm

They don't do it in silly old England, but tradition says the french fries must be arranged to spell the words 'hon hon baguette' prior to consumption.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:21 pm

They are called that because they come from Belgium, where people sometimes speak french.

Which is why the German word for it is actually just french, it's called Pommes Frites (sometimes "Fritten" for short), which mean fried potatoes, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Nah my version's better

Also here it's 'frytki' which is apparently 'frites' except POLISHISED
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:35 pm

But my version is the truth...

American Soldiers first encountered them from people from Belgium and since they were talking french, the soldiers called them "french fries", 'cause those guys spoke french and the potatoes were fried.

We Germans just took some French words for it. Or we call them either Fritten or Pommes, Pommes being pretty much just the french word for Potato

I don't know why british people call them chips though
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

But potatoes were for the longest time considered food for the poor which were, at the time mostly dutch-speaking factory workers, so they were probably the ones who invented them.
On the other hand, frying them would have been pretty expensive back then. And I guess the class diferences faded over time. (Now flanders is richer hah)
But gdi couldnt they just call them belgian fries itd make so much more sense

I live in belgium by the way
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:45 pm

tekkenfreak4 wrote:
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 XYD3sCV

ii gue22 you could 2ay the afterliife ii2...dead?
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 5GGlrw9

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:56 pm

royalPawn wrote:
But gdi couldnt they just call them belgian fries itd make so much more sense

They let slightly confused American soldiers name them. What'd you expect?
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Too lazy to repost the whole "'Merica, fuck yeah!" thing, even though it'd be hella relevant (..."hellavent?") here.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Hellavent. Fuck yes.

I'd quote the thing, but I'm at a friend's house so meh. (I'm showing her Homestuck and were showing each other YouTube videos.)

So I'll just leave this here:

*patriotic eagle screech in the distance*

UPDATE: I'm now showing her Police Squad.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:32 pm

So the first post on page 52 on 5/2 is a patriotic eagle screech

I know it's supposed to mean Murrica

and therefore lead to the question of which country, Murrica or Poland, has more neat little 52 associations

BUT

you didn't specify that bald eagle so I'll just assume you meant POLAND'S national animal
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Poland, fuck yeah!

...Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:52 pm

This is about 52, not fuck yeahs and the ring thereof. Therefore I still win.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Well, we DID make it to page 52 before Midnight, so... good job?
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:16 am

Metafiction wrote:
That could be cool too, actually. Especially if it involves Kankri on the receiving end of some torment. I think we'd all love to see that, right? It's not just me, right?

...Right?

Kankri definitely needs to suffer . . .
Back to top Go down
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:11 am

Sandstriker wrote:
tekkenfreak4 wrote:
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 XYD3sCV

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 5GGlrw9

death, chiill. iit wa2 a joke. iit wa2 a...kiiller of a joke, though.
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:41 am

Yo tekken I think you need to stop.

Didn't you see that...Death glare?

8) 
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptySat May 03, 2014 8:44 pm

tekkenfreak4 wrote:
Sandstriker wrote:
tekkenfreak4 wrote:

death, chiill. iit wa2 a joke. iit wa2 a...kiiller of a joke, though.
Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 Q0E0JXJ
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:07 am

. . . you were kinda really set up for those . . . being Death and all . . . it was inevitable, like taxes and that other thing . . . you know . . . mspa 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next