NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)

Go down 
+13
Alder
Sandstriker
TheGreatMindfang
tekkenfreak4
quantumToolbox
nonexistentPumpkin
sparkingLife
Metafiction
JakeMorph
silckenSoul
OverlordJ
royalPawn
Shaula
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:27 am

May the 4th be with you!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tekkenfreak4.tumblr.com
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:31 am

Oh yeah, isn't today like, star wars day or what's it called?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:04 pm

ok so i am insanely impressed at all of you guys at getting to page 52 before the end of 2/5

and havoc, if mspaf doesnt allow quirk talk out of rp then i dont think we should either

if im the only one that has a problem with it then ok

but seriously plx dont use that quirk unless youre actually rping fef ok?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:08 pm

As I said in the arcade:

OverlordJ wrote:
((From what I've heard, Havoc actually removed her "H" key from her keyboard and can thus ACTUALLY not type a normal h anymore))
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:12 pm

And then I just now replied with:

TheBookwormBakery wrote:
((She can type the nub thing that's left, just not as easily as an actual key.))
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:17 pm

and i will retort that if she cant type with an h thats fine but she doesnt need to GLUBGLUBGLUBGLUBGLUB SO ------EXIT-----ED which shes done a couple of times

edit: also why did she REMOVE her h key?
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:24 pm

W)(y is everyone talking about t)(is! W)(at t)(e )(ell!
Back to top Go down
http://www.relaxedcraft.com/
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I think Havoc just really, REALLY likes Feferi now, so she sometimes uses glubs and such? Just like I sometimes use Kurloz style smileys, if I am feeling like it. It isn't really a quirk I think...

Also, the only reason I know for why she removed the key is the fact that she's Havoc. I hope it doesn't sound mean but I'm not really surprised that she just removed a key from her keyboard.

As for why we're talking about it, seeing someone type in Feferis quirk outside a RP is kind of weird....
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:45 pm

either way id rather she doesnt use it, she used her h 'nub' just now during our brief chat in the memo so i know she doesnt need to use )-(
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:16 pm

uncertainHavoc wrote:

It's against the rules in one of the places you frequent, this is a forum modeled on that one and therefore should have rules similar to that, and you've proven you can type normally despite the alleged missing key. Incidentally, I had my arrow keys broken once, so I know that using the nubs isn't as much of a problem. I'm sure if I decided to, say, con5tantly talk like thi5 becau5e I intentionally de5troyed my 5 key for a rea5on I refu5e to explain, you would be complaining about THAT.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:52 pm

REVOLUTION wrote:
uncertainHavoc wrote:

It's against the rules in one of the places you frequent, this is a forum modeled on that one and therefore should have rules similar to that, and you've proven you can type normally despite the alleged missing key. Incidentally, I had my arrow keys broken once, so I know that using the nubs isn't as much of a problem. I'm sure if I decided to, say, con5tantly talk like thi5 becau5e I intentionally de5troyed my 5 key for a rea5on I refu5e to explain, you would be complaining about THAT.

Well, I wouldn't complain, but I definitely see your point. If it really bugs you (which I don't understand at all, it's literally just a different text), then I can stop!

The nub sucks ass though. So you'll have to forgive me if I occasionally use the )(. It's become a habit now 38P

((Yes, this message took me longer to type than normal cuz nubs suck))

((No I don't want to hear shit about how I get what I ask for. Cuz I'm not an idiot))
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:58 pm

No shit will be given from me at least, but are you going to explain why you did it?
Back to top Go down
Metafiction

Metafiction

Location : Right over here, in this lovely tree outside your window.

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:00 pm

I would also like a satisfactory explanation, as I was present shortly after it happened and still have not been given one outside of "because I wanted to, glub glub glub!~" (paraphrase)
Back to top Go down
royalPawn

royalPawn

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Probably because she wanted to make sure she didn't accidentaly type an h?
I don't see what the fuss is about. We never really made an official no-quirks rule and it's easy enough to read cause )(really stands out in a text.
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:18 pm

royalPawn wrote:
Probably because she wanted to make sure she didn't accidentaly type an h?
I don't see what the fuss is about. We never really made an official no-quirks rule and it's easy enough to read cause )(really stands out in a text.

Yeah this. But if it really bothers you guys, I'll stop

Also, explanationwise... It's probably because I'm crazy  mspa 

No but seriously, I just really like Fef! I can get obsessive about things to a disconcerting point, so yeah
I guess I don't really have a super good reason? It was more impulse, and I guess so I wouldn't type an h on accident, but I wasn't really doing it much anyways...

/me shrugs

Sometimes I don't understand why I do things
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm personally not bothered by it, though you need to be careful on the mspa forum

Also, I figured it was just a spontane mood, that's a thing I noticed you do, h

EDIT:aving random moods and whatnot. Don't feel bad about that, just be careful not to harm yourself or others with that
Back to top Go down
sparkingLife

sparkingLife

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:54 am

The ability to act against one's own whims is an extraordinarily powerful one, and rarer than you might think.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:57 am

So the "H" key was removed as a spur-of-the-moment thing to prevent accidentally typing an "H" in Feferi's quirk, but Havoc is now stuck using the nub for her "H"s in normal speech or face the consequences, which range from annoyed people to a possible violation of MSPAF policy . . . okay then.

My father's reaction when I informed him I stole the speakers form the old desktop for my personal use: *shrug* "The soundcard on that old thing was dead anyway."
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:11 am

yes that about sums it up

and a blimey thats a pretty reasonable responce
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:34 am

sparkingLife wrote:
The ability to act against one's own whims is an extraordinarily powerful one, and rarer than you might think.

The ability to act against one's own whims is kinda important in situations where your whims may lead to breaking rules.
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:35 am

Yep.

To be fair, no one really uses the old desktop: Mum never much liked going to the backroom to use it, Papa has a laptop he keeps set up on the couch most of the time, and I have my netbook (still in the shop, but I normally use it on the couch too) and my desktop in my room.
So he never bothered replacing the soundcard when it died, since the desktop has only been used for printing things (the printer is so old it can't connect to the other computers, just to the ancient, slow, half-dead desktop).
Which means the speakers were just sitting there, not doing anyone any good, when I've been using earphones with my desktop since I haven't been able to find the cord to connect my own speakers to my computer (no clue which bag or box they ended up in).
So the only conceivable problem would be my having taken them without asking and only telling him after I had them set up.

When I mentioned that I didn't think they were as good as my old speakers, since I had to max out the volume on the speakers and turn up the volume on mu computer, because they weren't powered, he said we could power them . . . but I shrugged and said it wasn't a big deal: they still worked and I had no idea where the powersources were (the thing you plug into the wall, either a brick with a couple of cords or a big chunky plug with a cord, to power devices for anyone not familiar with the term . . . there are several such things scattered about the house, some not kept with their devices . . . ) . . . I'm not actually sure these speakers ever had powersources here . . . they may have been a Goodwill find and thus lacking powersources . . .
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:37 am

and also its incredibly important in the real world where peoples whims could end up hurting others

theres a reason we have rules and laws, if someone cant obey those rules because they lack the ability to act against there own whims they generally end up in jail

but look weve moved on from this, havoc knows not to use the quirk outside of rp, its pretty easy to reattach keys, i should know ive have pretty much all me keys on my laptop removed by bullies before

edit: ah ok thats unlucky about your old speakers but good youve managed to get replacements
Back to top Go down
Neska

Neska

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:39 am

Yep!
Non-powered functional speakers better than powered non-functional speakers!
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:45 am

agreed
Back to top Go down
uncertainHavoc

uncertainHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Stairs to Nep's room are completely visable to everyone now just FYI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)   Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatter Box, Greeting Place, and Discussion Thread 5: A Tale of Death and Tea (Current Roleplayers and Rules/General Information in OP)
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next