NightNight Crew Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NightNight Crew Forums

A forum for the NightNight Crew roleplay.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings

Go down 
+3
OverlordJ
Shaula
silckenSoul
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings Empty
PostSubject: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:06 am

holy shit i loved it so much he really understands his audience xD
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:32 pm

C O N F I R M E D

(Also AR bby i missed u so much)
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 pm

i dont miss those rotten specs at all mspa

but yeh so much confirmed xD
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:42 pm

It didn't load for me but I found it on youtube.

Yes, this was a good update.
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 am

This is for the second upd8 today:

OF COURSE Vriska would be involved in all the important things in the new timeline. Why did I even think the sleeve would be Karkat lmao
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:05 am

Well, I talked with some other people and most of them liked the update, except for the possible Dave<3Karkat thing, though honestly it just seemed like a friendship to me, you know, like they already had but without having to worry about Rose and Terezi.

To be honest though, I don't quite understand WHY Vriska stopped Rose from drinking? I mean, how did she know this would become an issue?
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:15 am

I like dave<>kk, cute and a ship I always liked anyway

and yeh vris stopping rose from drinking is either deus ex machina, her realising drink made her less-rose-like, or supreme luck again

or maybe its just light knows whats best for light

but did vriska tell dirk to make arquius????????

cause that's BAD
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 am

I'm also disappointed in the decision to have Vriska stop Rose from drinking. And is she pulling the Be Responsible For Villain's Creation shit again with Arquius? GODDAMNIT VRISKA

(love the music tho. and the arts. and basically everything I didn't complain about.)
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Is making ARquius really that bad? I mean, the one that became part of LE is already there, probably, because Gamzee made one, I think? Honestly, this is advanced time bullshit we have to deal with, thanks to the retcon power, so it's a bit hard for me to understand what has already happened and what will happen.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm

yes but if shes made arquius which is making this time line another stable loop

if she hadnt made arquius then he wouldnt have been made in this timeline
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 3:03 pm

ARquius wouldn't exist in the retconned version of events if not for Vriska. I'm not entirely sure whether LE was affected by said retcon, but I think there's a good chance HE wouldn't exist in the retconned version of events if not for Vriska. In that case, she's made herself responsible for the villain's existence again. If he would've existed anyway... I have no idea what the hell she made ARq for, in that case.

Also: You know what's a disappointment? I just realised... had Hussie done the sprites thing a little differently, we could've had a partly-Nepeta sprite go into Cal.

But no. He missed the opportunity to make it so that Lord English is Nepeta. I am disappoint.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 4:30 pm

yeh i agree with that

tho we still have a weakness in that eq might stop le from targeting nep
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Counter Point: Pre-Retcon Vriska still exists in the Dream Bubble, even though the Retcon prevented her existance. I doubt that LE would have stopped existing just because ARquius wasn't made AND I doubt we will have to deal with more then one LE. Thus, I doubt the ARquius created by Vriska will create LE.

That is, unless the whole Caliborns Stop-Motion Story hasn't happened yet and because of the Retcons will be different from what we've heard.

As for why else she made ARquius, well, maybe she just wanted to try to revive some of her dead troll "friends"? After all, without the Magic Cue-Ball, Vriska DOESN'T know what will happen in the future, so not everything needs to be a big plan of hers.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:53 pm

she could have just made equius without making arquius i seriously doubt that would be her intention
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

"Counter Point: Pre-Retcon Vriska still exists in the Dream Bubble, even though the Retcon prevented her existance."

Weird ghost shit.

"I doubt that LE would have stopped existing just because ARquius wasn't made"

Why?
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 pm

@ Silck:

Technically, we don't know if she wanted to make ARquius, she might just as well have been like "Yo, Strider Dude, I'm gonna throw this head into your sprite now, okay?" I mean, we see her standing there with Equius' Head and pointing at the unprototyped sprite. Sure, Dirk is looking at AR before that but we don't technically know what she is telling him, just that it looks like she is saying something about the sprite.

@Shaula

Obviously, things within the bubbles, if not within the Furthest Ring in general, are outside of Time and Space. That's why weird ghost shit exists after all. And where is LE at the moment (besides ALREADY HERE)? He's in the Furthest Ring, laserfacing all the bubbles.

I have some other reasons, though I have trouble putting them in words. One, I think, is that it would be pretty anticlimactic if LE was defeated by "he was never created and thus he just stopped existing". Another is that, shouldn't all the things connected to him get retconned as well, if LE's existance was retconned? Wouldn't that mean that Doc Scratch never existed? And if he never existed, imagine want an impact THAT would have on the story. I mean, without ARquius, we don't have his soul in Cal, without a soul, Cal couldn't manipulate people and probably couldn't be used to make Scratch and without Scratch, who knows how Alternia would have been. I mean, the "Demoness" would have died, Gl'bgolyb wouldn't have been on Alternia, heck, society might have been like it was on Beforus and it might have resulted in the Trolls never defeating the Black King, thus never creating the Universe of the kids.

After all, as we see with Vriska here, retcons DO have far reaching consequences, even if some of them seem somewhat bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:09 pm

"One, I think, is that it would be pretty anticlimactic if LE was defeated by "he was never created and thus he just stopped existing"."

He WOULDN'T be defeated, though, because it is strongly implied that Vriska made ARquius and therefore made it so he DOES EXIST IN THE POST-RETCON TIMELINE. Same @ all the things connected getting retconned. There would still be an LE, it's just that one of his components would've been made by Vriska instead of Gamzee.
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 am

See, I knew I didn't know how to word it properly.

Regardless of whether or not Vriska created ARquius, I am still fairly sure that the already existing LE would have continued existing, both because without him, I'm pretty sure all of time would be basically falling appart, because, well, the fact that he was already here didn't get retconned, since he was already here, so he had to be created somehow. I am sure I'm not explaining it correctly again, I should probably just stop...
Back to top Go down
Sandstriker

Sandstriker

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 am

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED.

that is all i have to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8UxJkV3nW8UJc_wtWpIRw
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Foreword: I may point out some things people have already discussed. This text are represent my feelings about the matter of the Up8 ACT 6 ACT INTERMISSION 5.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
OverlordJ
God of AFK
God of AFK
OverlordJ

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Ralte wrote:
Foreword: I may point out some things people have already discussed. This text are represent my feelings about the matter of the Up8 ACT 6 ACT INTERMISSION 5.

I hope you don't mind if I reply to some of your points?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shaula

Shaula

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Firstly, you said you may point out things others discussed. Did you not read this thread?
Secondly, we've already seen that ghosts aren't affected by weird time shit that erases people from existence.
Thirdly, Vriska never went to the Beta kids' session, and neither did Gamzee. If you mean the Alpha kids' session, then she doesn't have to steal anything, it might just be, you know, arriving in the exact same way everyone else did- via meteor. And then time travel.
As for your complaint about things being 'left unexplained', Homestuck is NOT OVER. There hasn't been a SINGLE update since the flash. Give Hussie a CHANCE to give explanations first.
Dave COULDN'T have done what John did, as was explained in canon. Normal time travel can't cause the Alpha timeline to change, it can only produce doomed offshoots where everyone's screwed anyway, while the retcons are free from the rules imposed upon Dave and other time players.
Lastly: The idea that Vriska just solved all the problems is terrible writing, a sign of a Mary Sue (I know you complain about those in other, arguably lesser cases) and support for the theory that the entire flash is just stuff Vriska made up to make herself look better.

Edit: ah, OJ answered some of these. Some of my points are still a new contribution, and I'm in a bit of a rush so I won't delete repeats right now.
Back to top Go down
Ralte

Ralte

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Shaula wrote:
Firstly, you said you may point out things others discussed. Did you not read this thread?

I did. That is why I wrote the foreword.

Shaula wrote:
Secondly, we've already seen that ghosts aren't affected by weird time shit that erases people from existence.

Still, the rules about that are rather vague and if ghosts aren't affected by the rules of time PLUS people who can see and talk with ghosts can open a big can of worms.

Shaula wrote:
Thirdly, Vriska never went to the Beta kids' session, and neither did Gamzee. If you mean the Alpha kids' session, then she doesn't have to steal anything, it might just be, you know, arriving in the exact same way everyone else did- via meteor. And then time travel.

Okay, I mistook Alpha for Beta... Again. I'm sorry about that.

Shaula wrote:
As for your complaint about things being 'left unexplained', Homestuck is NOT OVER. There hasn't been a SINGLE update since the flash. Give Hussie a CHANCE to give explanations first.

Dave COULDN'T have done what John did, as was explained in canon. Normal time travel can't cause the Alpha timeline to change, it can only produce doomed offshoots where everyone's screwed anyway, while the retcons are free from the rules imposed upon Dave and other time players.
Lastly: The idea that Vriska just solved all the problems is terrible writing, a sign of a Mary Sue (I know you complain about those in other, arguably lesser cases) and support for the theory that the entire flash is just stuff Vriska made up to make herself look better.

Edit: ah, OJ answered some of these. Some of my points are still a new contribution, and I'm in a bit of a rush so I won't delete repeats right now.

And... Yes, it is sueish. Well, it looks sueish. This is the reason I hope for a good explanation WHY Vriska was able to solve some problems to make her not look like a sue.
Seeing her character-development which lead to the things that happened in ACT 6 ACT 6 INTERMISSION 5. Otherwise... Yeah, it would make Vriska more of a Sue.
Or Hussie was trolling all of the Vriska-Haters with it.

I have to apologise a little.
My post was directed by my passion and feelings, less about rational thinking. I had to got it out of my system.

P.S.: I thank you for possible answers and possible explanations OverlordJ.
Back to top Go down
silckenSoul

silckenSoul

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:00 pm

ralte if you read the thread youd know what wasnt and what was posted so u wouldnt need the preface cause u could say exactly what had already been said

as for vriska and her mary sueness

ITS HER INSTAGRAM

SOME OF THOSE SHOTS WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE WITH A CAMERA

THE ARTISTS WHO DREW THE UPDATE WERE ASKED BY HUSSIE TO MAKE THEM LESS THEN EPIC SO IT LOOKED LIKE A DRAWING

VRISKA HAS IN THE PAST DREW HERSELF AS A BADDASS((the pirate in the blue coat with the hook hand))

SHE HAS OBVIOUSLY OVER STATED HER IMPORTANCE CAUSE THAT IS WHAT SHE FUCKING DOES

SHE HAS A MASSIVE EGO

OF COURSE SHE WILL PRETEND SHE DID EVERYTHING ON HER OWN IT FITS HER CHARACTER PERFECTLY

TAKE /EVERYTHING/ YOU SAW IN THE UPDATE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT CAUSE THE CHANCES ARE SHE MADE MOST OF IT UP OR EMBELLISHED IT CAUSE SHE THINKS SHES A MARY SUE
Back to top Go down
TheBookwormBakery

TheBookwormBakery

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:28 am

I honestly think parts of it are true because it makes sense for Vriska and her Spidermom-sized ego to just steamroll over all the wallowing in misery and angst that went on

But at the same time this is Vriska so a good portion of it was most likely exaggerated and/or entirely made up.

This does bring up questions of whether Vriska ships Davekat, however...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings   mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings Empty

Back to top Go down

mspa upd8 conversation place major spoiler warnings
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next